You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

Then why did you argue Carroll still deserved a chance because he was young and only struggled because the team was shit? Borini has made 50 less appearances than Carroll in a Liverpool shirt and is 2 years younger than him yet you've now been proven right that he's shit after 7 games?

I think you must be confusing me with someone who thinks Andy Carroll struggled for us.

Meanwhile, we won 3 of Andy Carroll's first 4 league games for Liverpool, and he scored twice. So Carroll unquestionably had a better start to his Liverpool career too.

Two months later and proven correct beyond any doubt.

That "new Andrea Silenzi" tag I added is probably the most accurate tag in the history of tags.

Throw enough darts and you will hit the bull. Are you the only poster in the world to answer his own posts?

I have to ask as I don't get on much and don't really know how it works.

What I do know though is you are a complete and utter gobshite who seems to think it is something to be proud to sit back and tell fellow reds I told you so.

Fucking grow up.

I like him i think we are blessed to have a player like him he reminds me of berbatov a bit hes sublime vision. He will start scoring soon and have Torres impact mark my word hes too clever not too.

Not sure if you're taking the piss here. If you're being serious you are a mental. He's fuck all like Berbatov and he will score no more than 10 league goals this season, which unless you're comparing to the Chelsea version, is nowhere near a Torres impact.

Not sure if you're taking the piss here. If you're being serious you are a mental. He's fuck all like Berbatov and he will score no more than 10 league goals this season, which unless you're comparing to the Chelsea version, is nowhere near a Torres impact.

Time will prove me right like im sure in berbatov i meant brain

Throw enough darts and you will hit the bull. Are you the only poster in the world to answer his own posts?

I have to ask as I don't get on much and don't really know how it works.

What I do know though is you are a complete and utter gobshite who seems to think it is something to be proud to sit back and tell fellow reds I told you so.

Fucking grow up.

cracking character reference right there, and also to the point.

Contrary to popular belief, I only take some pleasure from being right all the time, especially when it's predictions about how shit our new signings will inevitably be.

Mostly I'm just happy to be much smarter than mouthbreathing spastics like corro and bazza66.

Guest ShoePiss

Was worried about this signing right from the start, not seen anything that tells me he's going to be worth 10 mil. Oh no people will be upset with this!

Ryan Babel

It's too early to judge him, but he looks OK so far to me. I agree with the notion that he should be added to a side that is already fairly settled and doing well, and he should be rotated in to find his feet. But needs must, and the lad is in there at the deep end. We will see what he can do, but the conclusions being drawn so far are way too premature. I thought our fans were better than this.

Guest ShoePiss

Yeah well good players look good right from the off, they show you something virtually instantly. He has shown he can run, we'll be waiting years for this lad to come good and I'd bet that he doesn't. Just doesn't have it.

I'm writing him off.

I'm getting really sick of reading stuff like this (all from the last ten days or so, and I could have added more):

"Dimitar Berbatov scored twice on his home debut

"Alexander Büttner scored on his debut [and] .... a convincing victory that featured goals from debutants Alexander Buttner and Nick Powel"

"the decisive goals arrived courtesy of two of his summer signings, Matthew Lowton and Christian Benteke"

"the integration of Podolski, with a goal and an assist, and Cazorla with a second..."

The only time I can remember this being applicable to us was Torres' first season. All our other 'star signing strikers' - at least from Rafa's first season on, have been huge disappointments. Far too many to list.

I'm getting really sick of reading stuff like this (all from the last ten days or so, and I could have added more):

"Alexander Büttner scored on his debut [and] .... a convincing victory that featured goals from debutants Alexander Buttner and Nick Powel"

"the decisive goals arrived courtesy of two of his summer signings, Matthew Lowton and Christian Benteke"

"the integration of Podolski, with a goal and an assist, and Cazorla with a second..."

The only time I can remember this being applicable to us was Torres' first season. All our other 'star signing strikers' - at least from Rafa's first season on, have been huge disappointments. Far too many to list.

Apologists claim you can't expect signings to make an instant impact; they conveniently ignore the fact that a dozen or more forwards, most of whom cost less than Fabio Borini, have done just that in the Premier League this season - including at least two that we ourselves have offloaded!

Guest ShoePiss

Don't know about those players you mention but I'm sick of waiting for shite players to turn good. I should know better, I've seen the very best show signs at an early stage and then go on to do the business. I've also seen the average start off not showing you anything and continuing that way.

Good players, even if far from the finished article show you something right off the bat, look at Joe Allen for example, maybe not his best ever game today but he's got it, you know he's going to make it.

Gerrard, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez all showed they had something early on. Fuck this waiting for 'Babel' to come good shit, I'm done with it.

On the other hand, the very few signings of ours who have looked good early doors have faded depressingly after a few months or a season or so: Torres, Enrique ... er... can't think of any other signings of ours who have looked good early doors.

And of course, I left out Van Persie. How many goals have ManU had from their new signings already - five?