You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

I'd love for us to finally get a bargain after last summers fees, I'd love to get Dempsey for 4 million or around that mark. He's a proven player who scores goals in a position we lacked in last year, Borini is another good signing for us. I do worry about Carroll after hearing the praise for Henderson and Maxi compared to the 'we'll see' element when mentioning him. He'll be back after a good run at the Euros and could come into some form, it's a very big decision by BR to make. I just hope it's the right one.

Careful now, talking sense is not permitted on here today.

I disagree, the post I replied to was him saying he will go downhill as he will be 30 before the end of the season - nothing to do with his quality.

Okay so, BBB's post:

Dempsey's average shit and only going to get worse once he hits 30 this season.

• So he's saying decline will set in bearing from a pretty explicit statement of his quality ("Dempsey is average shit" is the judgement the whole sentence hinges on btw, just to clarify once more - a statement of quality. Unless he was talking about Clint's mediocre bowel movement in which case I'm way off base).

• By using examples to suggest what happens in one case will probably happen with Dempsey is drawing a parallel between him and the example. A parallel would be a form of comparison as it utilises mutual facets from two examples in conjunction to make a point.

• You're post assumes BBB is stating that Dempsey's immediate decline is inevitable after 30, but he didn't say that he is necessarily going to decline as soon as he hits 30, he said "he's only going to get worse", which does not exclude him maintaining the same level of performance for some time afterwards. [edit: actualy he has said this now, which is wrong imo]

• You suggest that Dempsey's career could follow the same longevity at the top as a number of top class players due to modern methods but the players you use as examples have managed to survive at the top so long not because of training methods but because they are all exceptional talents and/or physically gifted (usually the top class players have the magical mix of both). So they are all pretty shoddy examples in relation to Dempsey who is neither, which was my initial reaction to your post.

The points that you then failed to address in my post, were partially in agreement with your point that modern methods help prolong careers and quality better than ever, but that there are other conditions that have major impact such as the situation said player is in. I do not believe our club (where he will be a supporting squad player) will be beneficial to Dempsey's inevitable (if not immediate) decline.

It's often a common part of discourse for people to develop points in order to move the conversation on from being an endless series of dull, multi-quoted, condescending lectures that can only conceive of conversation in the form of a binary "agree/disagree" position.

Clearly I failed in that respect.

Okay so, BBB's post:

• So he's saying decline will set in bearing from a pretty explicit statement of his quality ("Dempsey is average shit" is the judgement the whole sentence hinges on btw, just to clarify once more - a statement of quality. Unless he was talking about Clint's mediocre bowel movement in which case I'm way off base).

• By using examples to suggest what happens in one case will probably happen with Dempsey is drawing a parallel between him and the example. A parallel would be a form of comparison as it utilises mutual facets from two examples in conjunction to make a point.

• You're post assumes BBB is stating that Dempsey's immediate decline is inevitable after 30, but he didn't say that he is necessarily going to decline as soon as he hits 30, he said "he's only going to get worse", which does not exclude him maintaining the same level of performance for some time afterwards. [edit: actualy he has said this now, which is wrong imo]

• You suggest that Dempsey's career could follow the same longevity at the top as a number of top class players due to modern methods but the players you use as examples have managed to survive at the top so long not because of training methods but because they are all exceptional talents and/or physically gifted (usually the top class players have the magical mix of both). So they are all pretty shoddy examples in relation to Dempsey who is neither, which was my initial reaction to your post.

The points that you then failed to address in my post, were partially in agreement with your point that modern methods help prolong careers and quality better than ever, but that there are other conditions that have major impact such as the situation said player is in. I do not believe our club (where he will be a supporting squad player) will be beneficial to Dempsey's inevitable (if not immediate) decline.

It's often a common part of discourse for people to develop points in order to move the conversation on from being an endless series of dull, multi-quoted, condescending lectures that can only conceive of conversation in the form of a binary "agree/disagree" position.

Clearly I failed in that respect.

See the bit in my reply where I said I explained to you what my post meant - why do you feel that burbling away with all sorts of shite like you have will change that?

You can interpret any post you like on here - I'm not responsible for that.

By the way, i didn't read past the second line of this post so asking me anything further on this would really be a little silly.

The fee is 7.9 Million that's good business lower that what's being reported according to a Sunday times

God forbid though, that the btabloids would ever report that accurately and faithfully when seeking to insinuate that LFC has paid over the odds for 'potential', and that it's a massive gamble. Eh?? With other clubs (especially Man U) it seems to be that the fees are reported at the 'low' end, and the player in question is an established, no-risk scoop....

Disingenuity, gotta love the tabloids haven't you?

Fucking hell, the Mirror had him signing for £12m! That is almost £5m more than he did sign for, the old Liverpool signing tax back in use again I see!

Potentially a cracking signing and hopefully a sign of our transfer activity, rather than old, shit rapping americans.

God forbid though, that the btabloids would ever report that accurately and faithfully when seeking to insinuate that LFC has paid over the odds for 'potential', and that it's a massive gamble. Eh?? With other clubs (especially Man U) it seems to be that the fees are reported at the 'low' end, and the player in question is an established, no-risk scoop....

Disingenuity, gotta love the tabloids haven't you?

Exactly mate although we have rightly got a rep for over paying so its class to see we have got what seems a good deal,when you purchase unknown quantities fans reactions are decent to go by and Roma fans seem annoyed enough to indicate we got a good deal.

A 21 year old Italian international who already knows what it's like to play in England for under 8 Million has to he good business

Number 6!? He'd better not be. That shit is wrong.

He won't be 6 that will just be a kit he's been given to do his medical in.

Seeing a Fabio walk into the medical room with a 6 on his kit will be like just another day for the medical staff too. One way to minimise the upheaval what with Bruckner leaving I suppose.

The step up in class that Rodgers is making demands better quality players to play the kind of football he wants. Borinin sounds a skilled player who'll also graft and who'll fit into the system without needing it to be built around him.

How many good players like that are actually out there? Rodgers knows him and how he'll fit in. Welcome to Liverpool.

What the fuck are you on about?

He was managing fucking Swansea last year, you hysterical quacking loon

• Upvote 1

Welcome number 29

Moments after becoming Brendan Rodgers' first signing for the Reds, Fabio Borini gave his one and only exclusive interview to Liverpoolfc.com. Here's what he had to say...

Fabio, we're in a car on the way back to Melwood after you completed your medical and the formalities of the deal. How does it feel to be a Liverpool player?

It feels really good - and to be back in England as well. It's a top club that has won a lot of trophies in the past - and will do so in the future we hope as well. I've got the trust of the manager and the club, which for me is very nice and I'm proud to be here.

How did you feel when you heard Liverpool were interested in you?

I felt really good because I wanted to come back to England one day. I knew sooner or later I would be back. Being back with Liverpool is even better because I can show the people what I can do. We've got the Europa League and lots of things to play for.

This will be the third time you've worked with Brendan Rodgers. How important was the boss in bringing you here?

He was very important. I wouldn't say it was the key, but most of it came from him. Even during last season, I spoke with him a lot. I'd text him and ask if he was okay and congratulated him on the results he got with Swansea. First of all it is a relationship of friendship and afterwards it is a working one. That is more important than anything.

What is Brendan like to play for?

I used to play 4-3-3 with him and he is very good to play football for. It is great to play football for him because you can have fun and you can get results. I could see at Swansea the people loved him because the football was attractive. People like to see football (played) like this.

What can we expect to see from the Liverpool players next season under Brendan?

They will certainly see football players that want to win, and that will always work for the team rather than themselves. Liverpool wants to get results and that's what we'll try to do.

What sort of player would you describe yourself as?

I'd describe myself as a player that never gives up and I run a lot. I had difficult times at Chelsea when I was younger because I came from Italy. It was very difficult, I tried to be strong for myself and demonstrate to people I could do it. That is an achievement I have made and why I am here.

You've just come back from being with the Italy squad at the European Championships. Has that experience helped you develop as a player?

Of course. It was a big experience for me. I'm only 21 years old, so it was a good experience even if I didn't play. Getting to the final was even more experience because it's not something that happens every day. It will be great to bring it (experience) with me.

I believe you have a special goal celebration Liverpool fans will want to see this season. Can you tell us a bit about it?

My celebration is a knife between the teeth. In Italy it means a warrior or someone who never gives up and will always get up if they fall down. At Swansea and Roma the fans liked it, so I hope to show it to Liverpool fans as well.

The video you selected is only available to LFCTV Online members. You are now watching our Preview video, login or click here to sign up.

As a forward, how much are you looking forward to playing with Luis Suarez this season?

A lot because he is maybe another player who is similar to me because he works very hard in every game. I've watched a few games, and all of Europe wants him. Every player wants to play with him, so it will be a pleasure.

In coming to Liverpool, you're joining one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Are you aware of the club's history?

Yes, I am aware of it. I remember the Champions League final against AC Milan. It is very important to have this important past because you can bring it to the future and try to remake the past.

You've already played at Anfield once before in an FA Youth Cup tie in February 2009 - what do you remember about that night?

(Laughs) I remember we lost! We had a good team at Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup, but we lost. But the impression it left on me was very good because of the stadium's history. It's a dream for everyone to play at Anfield, so it was a very nice experience.

So are you excited about playing at Anfield every other week now this season?

Yes, every other week in a full stadium. It will be amazing. I know the fans are very warm and they're here for football.

What do you hope to achieve during your time at Liverpool?

I hope to achieve the maximum I can, by scoring goals, getting into the Champions League and all of the things the club also wants - and all the other players.

Finally, do you have a message for Liverpool fans?

There's not especially one, but I think with Brendan they will see good football!