You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Golf Thread

lifetime fan

I'm hoping to get to play Portrush later this year but also fancy playing Dooks.

Anyone else played there?

Dooks is overrated and way out of the lague of portrush and the likes.

If you're going down that way play tralee, waterville or ballybunnion instead.

I fucking love golf me, I play off about 8 but because of my kids and my wife I only get to play once a month (if that).

This is just not enough for a serious golfing motherfucker like me.

I decided 3 years ago that instead of just playing golf for a laugh when I get the chance, to use every round seriously as a way of getting better. So I set myself up a spreadsheet, worked out where I'm losing shots, worked out which areas I needed to strenghten and I've become a proper golfing geek.

And it's working, boys, it's fucking working. I may not be playing much but it's slowly doing the trick, I'm actually getting better.

Anyone else taken their golf game to geek level?

I played a round this week with a mate who isn't great to say the least.

However he used this new TaylorMade 5 wood off the tee most holes and it is the most forgiving club I have ever seen in my life.

IMG_4926__78938_zoom.jpg

He hit the ball off the heel, off the toe, basically anywhere but out the middle and every single fucking time it went long and straight.

If anyone is a mid to high handicapper and they just want to welly the ball straight off the tee get onto this.

Absolute bargain for less than a hundred quid.

I'm coming over to Liverpool the 30th of August and I'm staying until 3rd of September and I've been entertaining the idea about playing golf on the Friday if its possible.

Are there any golfclubs in the area where its possible to rent a set of clubs for a round and how difficult will it be for me to get there from the city centre?

I'm a member of the Palmilla in Cabo and played with Chad Kroeger and Sammy Hagar (amongst others) a few months ago. I'm a terrible golfist, though. I only got a membership so I could hang around the resort and so the bird can mingle with the celebs to be completely honest.

Only part time. My misses works as a teacher in Swansea so I'm there most of the time and work is split between from home in Swansea and in the factory in Maranello. Whenever we get chance I like to spend time in Cabo. Probably 3 months a year in total.

Only part time. My misses works as a teacher in Swansea so I'm there most of the time and work is split between from home in Swansea and in the factory in Maranello. Whenever we get chance I like to spend time in Cabo. Probably 3 months a year in total.

Alright for some hey.

Slight difference between Swansea and Mexico.

Heh, its not so bad really. Still get to step out of my door straight on to the beach in the morning. The only difference is its raining 90% of the time in Wales... Flying back and forth from Mexico to Italy isn't something I'd fancy all that regularly, either. (gotta try and look at the positives!)