You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Golf Thread

lifetime fan

58 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Pics or gtf 

Anyway I raise you a grumpy Kaymer at Hoylake snapping at me as he marched over to the rough where I was standing and where he had sliced his tee shot . " Where is it ?" he said to which I replied "Where you hit it ". 

If looks could kill. 

Years back we were sitting on the 9th tee box at Valspar - beachers had been set up and we were a couple rows back. 

Kaymer had just begun his swing and my son dropped his soda all over the lady in front of him who screamed like a banshee.

Kaymer froze at the top of his swing immediately, oohs and ahhs from everyone.

Never looked around, took a few seconds and piped one down the middle.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Years back we were sitting on the 9th tee box at Valspar - beachers had been set up and we were a couple rows back. 

Kaymer had just begun his swing and my son dropped his soda all over the lady in front of him who screamed like a banshee.

Kaymer froze at the top of his swing immediately, oohs and ahhs from everyone.

Never looked around, took a few seconds and piped one down the middle.

I once singed this birds nylon windbreaker with a ciggy at a Blue Jays game and my mate thought it would ignite so he poured half his beer (granted it was Labatts Blue) and she turned around and berated him to no end. 

For any of you cunts who followed baseball this was in the late 80s and was the shittest ballpark in baseball - Exhibition Stadium.  

We got so hammered we had to leave the car in the stadium car park and get a motel room which actually turned out to be a hookers motel and we had to listen to headboards knocking. I sleep soundly so no issue. My mate waited outside and then snagged a prossie- the twat lifted 40$ from my wallet as well to pay her and then bitched the whole drive home about the price. We lived 5 hour drive away. 

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

Koepka isn’t popular in general but he’s jumped right to the top of my list after this, I absolutely love the disdain he has for that bad knobhead.

I only know DeChambeau as a lad who can drive the ball freakishly long. What's the specific reason for him being so disliked?

2 minutes ago, Em City said:

I only know DeChambeau as a lad who can drive the ball freakishly long. What's the specific reason for him being so disliked?

I wonder too. He has simply brought a different angle to golf,more scientific I am led to believe. Its always nice to see any establishment shaken up to stop it getting too complacent.

He is known as a bit of a whiner on the course, been a few times when he tried to gain a rules advantage.

Also I think players are just sick of hearing how "good" he is - he has been on tour for 5 years and won 8 times.

Not exactly dominating is he?

Take Koepka, he has won four majors in that same time.

On 25/05/2021 at 12:12, Em City said:

He’s an absolute bellend. He has all these groupies who stay in his house with him and he’s always posting ridiculous social media videos where he’s running around topless with his US Open trophy thinking he’s funny when he’s just cringe-worthy.

He’s also a proper cunt on the course with rulings (much like Patrick Reed). If he hits a shit bunker shot you’ll hear him say, “these are the worst bunkers on tour Tim” (that’s his caddie). Or if he misses a putt; “worst greens on tour” etc.

He’s also clearly a roid head.

Oh yeah and that time he had a meltdown on the course and complained about the cameraman recording his terrible performance saying it’s “bad for his brand”. 

Apart from that he’s sound.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Brownie said:

He’s an absolute bellend. He has all these groupies who stay in his house with him and he’s always posting ridiculous social media videos where he’s running around topless with his US Open trophy thinking he’s funny when he’s just cringe-worthy.

He’s also a proper cunt on the course with rulings (much like Patrick Reed). If he hits a shit bunker shot you’ll hear him say, “these are the worst bunkers on tour Tim” (that’s his caddie). Or if he misses a putt; “worst greens on tour” etc.

He’s also clearly a roid head.

Oh yeah and that time he had a meltdown on the course and complained about the cameraman recording his terrible performance saying it’s “bad for his brand”. 

Apart from that he’s sound.

Cheers.

I shall now plump against him. I like watching the majors every now and again, and could do with some panto villains to boo and hiss.