You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Golf Thread

lifetime fan

On 12/04/2019 at 00:02, 3 Stacks said:

Koepka with a great first round and low key going for his 3rd straight major. Never seen a guy turn it on in the majors like he does compared to how he regularly plays. Certified stud. 

If you hear him being interviewed you can understand why a bloke that has won three majors has sneaked under the radar.

I've got a 2 iron with more personality.  

5 minutes ago, Stickman said:

If you hear him being interviewed you can understand why a bloke that has won three majors has sneaked under the radar.

I've got a 2 iron with more personality.  

I disagree, he's done some interviews that have been a lot more informal and chill in which he comes across like a really cool guy. I think he just doesn't care for the aspect of talking about golf or being a media darling.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Pretty solid round from Rose.

More impressive, as he's walking off 18, he stops to shake the hands of (I assume) the tour official and the volunteer scorekeepers who walked the round with him.

Class.

He is a class act. Hope he wins this

On 21/05/2019 at 09:00, VladimirIlyich said:

First game of golf, played yesterday,since september 2016 and I shot exactly the same score of 111. At least I'm not getting any more shit than I already am.

Missed this CT as forgot I wrote it. My two lads are members at Frodsham Golf Club so I occasionally play there when I do play.

I played in my society last week and won again, 3 games 3 wins this season for me! I’ve been getting all of the bandit talk even though I played off 18 in the first one (when my handicap was 20) and played off 16 in the last two when my handicap was 19. I just played well to be fair.

Those 3 rounds i’ve played to about 15 which is encouraging as i’ve always thought that’s about my level but my scores have been inconsistent and not reflected it. When my lad’s a bit older i’ll join a club and try to get it down lower.

As for the US Open, the 3rd round was pretty boring, compared to the first two. The greens are getting really firm so it’s hard stopping the ball close to the flag so there was hardly any movement on the scoreboard (it’s supposed to be moving day).

Rose hasn’t been hitting the ball that well but his short game and putting have been as good as i’ve ever seen from him. If his ball-striking is good tonight then he’ll win. 

10 hours ago, Brownie said:

I played in my society last week and won again, 3 games 3 wins this season for me! I’ve been getting all of the bandit talk even though I played off 18 in the first one (when my handicap was 20) and played off 16 in the last two when my handicap was 19. I just played well to be fair.

Those 3 rounds i’ve played to about 15 which is encouraging as i’ve always thought that’s about my level but my scores have been inconsistent and not reflected it. When my lad’s a bit older i’ll join a club and try to get it down lower.

Are you getting your handicap down through playing more or through lessons?