You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Golf Thread

lifetime fan

Vlad have you been keeping up? They don't see each other socially, they've been slagging each other off for the last few weeks.

Garcia's fried chicken comment was an obvious reference to Zoeller's comment, that's why he's now acting rather sheepish.

I was waiting for that and you didnt disappoint.

Fuzzy Zoeller said something like this at a Masters dinner after Tiger won one year but unlike Sergio i doubt he'd ever see Tiger socially.

Zoeller lost some sponsors and was roundly criticized for it.

Although I'm sure it played well at Augusta CC back then with all the good ol' Southern boys.

Used to love Garcia but he is coming across like a petulant child over the Woods spat, whereas Woods has behaved pretty well throughout. This latest incident is just pointless, don't understand what he hoped to gain other than further irritating Woods.

Vlad have you been keeping up? They don't see each other socially, they've been slagging each other off for the last few weeks.

Garcia's fried chicken comment was an obvious reference to Zoeller's comment, that's why he's now acting rather sheepish.

No, his comment is a reference to Woods' skin colour.

Vlad have you been keeping up? They don't see each other socially' date=' they've been slagging each other off for the last few weeks.

Garcia's fried chicken comment was an obvious reference to Zoeller's comment, that's why he's now acting rather sheepish.[/quote']

I obviously havent.

I did mistakenly think that Garcia and Woods had a social relationship but im obviously wrong.

Dont watch or have sky sports so im out of the loop on this.

I obviously havent.

I did mistakenly think that Garcia and Woods had a social relationship but im obviously wrong.

Dont watch or have sky sports so im out of the loop on this.

Began to heat up a few weeks ago at Sawgrass Vlad when Garcia accused Woods of distracting him as he played his shot, and they've been trading insults since then.

Began to heat up a few weeks ago at Sawgrass Vlad when Garcia accused Woods of distracting him as he played his shot' date=' and they've been trading insults since then.[/quote']

Its obviously a large bottle of bitter vino on Garcia's part as hes been on the verge of quitting for a while and has always been a bit of a brat.

Hes lost any sympathy ive ever had(which was never much) for him.

European Tour chief George O'Grady is now in trouble for using the phrase "coloured athletes" while defending Sergio Garcia.

This is getting silly.

European Tour chief George O'Grady is now in trouble for using the phrase "coloured athletes" while defending Sergio Garcia.

This is getting silly.

I still use the term coloured myself,its just the term ive always grown up with. Using the term Black used to be considered offensive.

And this term was always used by the black friend my Dad knew, about himself,for 60 years.

Garcia meant what he said. Wine or no wine. And he understood it just fine, the dude's been in the US for ages. Woods may have caused the initial irritation by starting his pre shot routine early in a previous tournament. And then he fueled the flames with statements like "being hurt", after the initial spat. Tiger Woods "hurt", ho hum...

Pox on both their houses. Well, Woods's pox has already been there a while, now Garcia is dumb enough to deserve whatever he gets.

• 1 month later...

Another cracking weekend of sport coming up with the 2nd Ashes test and The Open Championship. Always a bit of a lottery but my 50p's are on Els, Lefty, McDowell, Day, Grace, Lowery and Bourdy. Would obviously love to see a home winner but not sure if we will get it. Otherwise as always, will be rooting for Els and Mickelson.

What's peoples thoughts?

I hope it's rainy and windy. Not a hurricane or anything. Just a little blustery.

Like F1' date=' golf is much better when they have to deal with a bit of adversity.[/quote']

Your correspondent in Scotland says, nae chance!

• Like 1

Brilliant.

Where do I go to join.

When I win the euromillions (I'd have to play it first) and own my own course the only women allowed will be fit bar staff.

Loved the guy on SSN lunchtime who when asked his opinion said women should be allowed to play on any course he's not playing.

When I win the euromillions (I'd have to play it first) and own my own course the only women allowed will be fit bar staff.

Loved the guy on SSN lunchtime who when asked his opinion said women should be allowed to play on any course he's not playing.

Sounds like you'd get on just fine with the Chief Exec of the club who was on a minute ago