You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not sure

It's more him comparing his deal to join the mancs after fucking the club over than anything else. 

Rush leaving gave us the funds to buy Aldridge, Barnes and Beardsley. That cunt and his agent running down his deal cost us any chance to replace him oh and we got Nunez. 

The little rat got his eye wiped in 2005 though after one season in Madrid they funked him off to Newcastle as he was more concerned with his England place and rather than telling Madrid he wanted Liverpool and standing firm he scurried off to Newcastle thinking about his world Cup place.

We were European champions, he missed out on what would have been the greatest moment in his career and ended up at Newcastle. 

22 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The little rat got his eye wiped in 2005 though after one season in Madrid they funked him off to Newcastle as he was more concerned with his England place and rather than telling Madrid he wanted Liverpool and standing firm he scurried off to Newcastle thinking about his world Cup place.

We were European champions, he missed out on what would have been the greatest moment in his career and ended up at Newcastle. 

Loved Owen when he was here, I dont care what people say, he was a natural in front of goal. But yes, he put his England place ahead of holding out to return to Liverpool.

He could have told Real no fucking way Im going to Newcastle, I'll stay here or go to Liverpool, your choice.

34 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They were never going to pay him the money he expected.

He signed for the mancs at not much over 20k a week with a bonus on number of games played. 

Quite funny as only a chapter early was saying what a disgrace Newcastle where for offering him around 20k a week. 

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd much rather he went to everton than them cunts. 

Exactly 

None of our ex players got shit for going to them from what I remember and both Beardsley and Ablett went direct to them. 

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Exactly 

None of our ex players got shit for going to them from what I remember and both Beardsley and Ablett went direct to them. 

Guaranteed he would have scored a Derby winner though. The lad was never going to be 100% accepted on the Kop. 

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“Me mum couldn’t say anything because it had gone in.”

His mum probably could have said something even when it went in. If I went round Michael Owen’s house, perched myself atop the toilet door, and successfully shit into a paper cup without so much as a splash hitting the floor, I don’t imagine he’d been seething that he couldn’t say anything because it had gone in. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

A night out with Owen and Shearer would cure the worst case of insomnia.  

To be fair, Shearer has showed in recent years that he has a bit of personality and good humour. He doesn't show it often on MoTD, but on those podcasts he has with Lineker he is usually a very good listen.

Owen on the other hand is extremely dull, the king of blandness. That's why it's no surprise that when they were looking for an ex-pro to front PGMOL's propaganda show on Sky, he was their ideal choice.

2 hours ago, Ron B said:

“Me mum couldn’t say anything because it had gone in.”

His mum probably could have said something even when it went in. If I went round Michael Owen’s house, perched myself atop the toilet door, and successfully shit into a paper cup without so much as a splash hitting the floor, I don’t imagine he’d been seething that he couldn’t say anything because it had gone in. 

My thoughts exactly.