You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sounds as though he might be off to Nottingham Forest now that a Kuwaiti family has taken over.

Read a good article on his bad career decisions a few days back:

In Bed With Maradona - The Award Winning Home Of World Football - JOURNAL - THE END OF MICHAEL*OWEN

He really should have bided his time back in 2006 and called Madrid's bluff.

Humble, and ever so modest.

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen

I see the Twitter rumour mill is at it again! As I've previously said, my next club will either be abroad or in The Premier League.

Not being disrespectful when saying I wouldn't play in The Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.

After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England I don't think I would enjoy that football.

If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it. At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing.

I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Man Utd. At 32, still got a few years in me.

A few years left in him? He's a lunatic. The fact he's even on Twitter so much blowing his own trumpet proves he's a lunatic. If I had that kind of dollar I wouldn't even have a phone, I'd be on an island somewhere with the demeanor of a drink-sodden, sex-addled wreck.

It appears Code has never seen Bellamy play and hasn't seen Owen play for about 7 years either

Give Owen games and he will give you goals, we need a poacher and he is a poacher, I doubt his wage demands would be all that either.

Owen for the mancs:

11/12: 7 (3+4) games - 5 goals

10/11: 17 (4+13) games - 5 goals

09/10: 31 (11+20) games - 9 goals

Owen for Newcastle:

08/09: 32 (24+8 ) games - 10 goals

07/08: 32 (27+5) games - 12 goals

Bellamy for Liverpool:

11/12: 37 (18+19) games - 9 goals

Give Owen games and he will give you goals, we need a poacher and he is a poacher, I doubt his wage demands would be all that either.

Owen for the mancs:

Owen for Newcastle:

Bellamy for Liverpool:

Give over, Code, ye blert.

League goals:

09/10 3

10/11 2

11/12 0

Owen for the mancs:

Owen for Newcastle:

Bellamy for Liverpool:

apologies I actually misread what you said and thought you'd said Owen was a more complete player for some reason , if its about goals Owen per game would win over Bellamy hands down, however if he was expected to be a regular or even a semi regular I doubt he'd manage to stay fit to start more than ten games a season although obviously Bellamy isn't the most reliable player to be able play every week either

add in that Owen is a massive cunt and the poacher we need needs to be able to play regularly, he can stick to sitting around playing with horses rejecting the best offers he can get

I'd have him back on a pay as you play deal, Owen is a superior player compared to Bellamy.

And bitterness is not my kind of thing either.

He has scored 44 league goals since he left us 8 years ago. Do some sums with those digits.

His injuries would obviously be a major factor in such a deal thats why I said pay as you play deal.

My point is more that I could not care less about the fact he has played for the mancs for 3 seasons now and once did not do as rafa wanted him to do, I'm too old for that kind of shite.