You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is going to win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win?

• I want Haye to win and I think he will
    • I want Chisora to win and I think he will
    • I don't want Haye to win, but I think he will
    • I don't want Chisora to win, but I think he will
    • I don't want either to win, I just hope they hurt each other

David Haye: I hate everything Dereck Chisora stands for | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

David Haye has vowed to eradicate the "stain" of Dereck Chisora from British boxing when they do battle at Upton Park on July 14.

Chisora was stripped of his British licence for his actions, which included spitting in the face of Wladimir Klitschko and brawling with Haye at a press conference, before and after a fight with Vitali Klitschko in February.

Former British heavyweight champion Chisora has been accused of damaging the public perception of the sport, and Haye feels most people on England will be firmly behind him.

"He'll have his fans come Saturday night but I'd like to think the majority of sane individuals in this country will be following me and rooting for me to get rid of this almighty stain on the sleeve of British boxing," Haye wrote in the Evening Standard.

"We are both Londoners fighting in London, yet one of us is a menace to society and the other is out to crush that menace once and for all.

Meanwhile, Haye, no stranger to insulting opponents, insists that he has never resented an adversary so strongly.

"I don't think I've disliked an opponent as much as Chisora since turning pro in 2002 and, aside from our personal spat earlier this year, simply hate everything he stands for," he told the South London Press.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Haye takes a lot of stick (a lot of it is deserved, you could argue), but if you look past the pre fight gamesmanship then he's quite a decent bloke and a top fighter. Chisora comes across as a total fucking mentalist and a nasty cunt.

I don't think Haye will be able to finish it early as Chisora has a lot of heart and will keep coming at him, Haye has ten times the boxing ability so I think he'll just box around him for the majority of the fight and win on points or possibly a late stoppage.

I like Haye and always have done.

Guest ShoePiss
Wait, if he's banned for life how the fuck are they fighting?

Luxembourg boxing federation gave them the license for the fight.

I know Haye takes a lot of stick (a lot of it is deserved, you could argue), but if you look past the pre fight gamesmanship then he's quite a decent bloke and a top fighter. Chisora comes across as a total fucking mentalist and a nasty cunt.

I don't think Haye will be able to finish it early as Chisora has a lot of heart and will keep coming at him, Haye has ten times the boxing ability so I think he'll just box around him for the majority of the fight and win on points or possibly a late stoppage.

And post match.

Generally he's just a massive cunt.

Guest ShoePiss
And post match.

Generally he's just a massive cunt.

I suppose you have to like the man to really get behind him because he's not good enough to just admire for sheer explosive power or ring craft.

How much of what you've seen of him as a person is just for show though I wonder? Just to get the interest up?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This, but two or three round. Max.

I used to really like Haye, followed his career quite closely, but it's as if somewhere along the way he mixed up hyping a fight and creating a persona for being a full-time twat. The act kind of took over everything.

I'm just hoping for a good fight, but i reckon Chisora will get stopped.

I used to like Haye but he lost his way as a person somewhere along the line. I think the hype thing is right - he went way beyond the usual hype and came across very poorly, especially in relation to Klitschko, who is a gentleman.

That being said, Chisora just comes across as a gangster to me. Haye is the better boxer and I expect him to win, but I genuinely do feel the prospect is there for something very unsavory to happen at a later date after the fight. I hope not, but Chisora doesn't seem right in the head to me.