You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great Documentaries

chauncey

14 peaks:Nothing is impossible on Netflix is a great watch. I do think it's rushed at times though and it would've been nice to see more of the hikes (I know it's a lot to ask seeing as how 14 mountains are covered in 110mins) but it's good nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Welsh said:

14 peaks:Nothing is impossible on Netflix is a great watch. I do think it's rushed at times though and it would've been nice to see more of the hikes (I know it's a lot to ask seeing as how 14 mountains are covered in 110mins) but it's good nonetheless.

Agreed.

I watched the first half last night & they should've chopped some of the girlfriend stuff & got more mountain footage in there.

And his bird is fit too so I don't say that lightly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Devil Next Door - Netflix

A man living in Cleveland and working at a car manufacturer is accused of being Ivan The Terrible, a brutal Nazi death camp guard. Some fascinating and unbelievable court room footage.

Bad Sport - Netflix

6 part series including the Juventus scandal in the early 2000's. First episode is brilliant on college basketball match fixing.

Long Shot - Netflix

Only around 40 minutes long but a story of being in the right place at the right time, otherwise your life is completely fucked.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

Crime of the century is a good watch especially if you've seen Dopesick. All about the oxycontin scandal.

There's a series on Netflix called The Pharmacist about funnily enough a small town pharmacist whose son is murdered and attributed to the opioid crisis. Was a good introduction to the world of oxy-contin before I watched Dopesick.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Furmedge said:

The Devil Next Door - Netflix

A man living in Cleveland and working at a car manufacturer is accused of being Ivan The Terrible, a brutal Nazi death camp guard. Some fascinating and unbelievable court room footage.

Bad Sport - Netflix

6 part series including the Juventus scandal in the early 2000's. First episode is brilliant on college basketball match fixing.

Long Shot - Netflix

Only around 40 minutes long but a story of being in the right place at the right time, otherwise your life is completely fucked.

I've seen your first and third recommendations there. Top quality stuff. 

• Upvote 1

I posted this in the railways thread, but thought it deserved to be posted here. 
A fascinating 50 minutes documentary past and present, telling the way plants and animals have taken over the land inside the railway fencing in the UK as seen on BBC2 1987. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bear with me on this as it’s about a man taking photographs of trains.

However O.Winston Link’s photographs of American life alongside the railroad tracks during the last days of steam locomotives in the 1950s are regarded as some of the best ever. He would set up complicated night shots including human interest in them. This 1980s documentary is nicely done.

• 4 weeks later...

A Very revealing and disturbing Doco - there are fucking Nazis everywhere. The U.N recently voted to quash ultra right groups, but notably Ukraine & USA voted against.

The following documentary was made by an independent German film maker and focuses on the Ukrainian Maidan uprising of 2014, and the Nazi infiltration.