You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great Documentaries

chauncey

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Watched a 6 part documentary on John Wayne Gacy, which was very good. Interspersed a video interview with Gacy ,after he had been convicted, with archival footage and insights from all the living principals. Arguably an episode too long, but very well put together.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Watched a 6 part documentary on John Wayne Gacy, which was very good. Interspersed a video interview with Gacy ,after he had been convicted, with archival footage and insights from all the living principals. Arguably an episode too long, but very well put together.

What's it called and on what platform?

Hotel Coolgardie

Two finish backpackers take a job at the Hotel Coolgardie in a mining town in the Australian outback, as you'd expect it's a really progressive town.

Couple of genuinely nice people in the town amongst a sea of shit, including one that made me tense every time he was on screen, but a generally bad time is had by all.

Not a 'great' documentary but worth it for the car crash nature and it being the first 15 minutes of every road trip horror movie ever made.

14 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Hotel Coolgardie

Two finish backpackers take a job at the Hotel Coolgardie in a mining town in the Australian outback, as you'd expect it's a really progressive town.

Couple of genuinely nice people in the town amongst a sea of shit, including one that made me tense every time he was on screen, but a generally bad time is had by all.

Not a 'great' documentary but worth it for the car crash nature and it being the first 15 minutes of every road trip horror movie ever made.

Where can I find this, dude?

American Factory.

Chinese billionaire takes over a general motors factory in Ohio, cultures clash as the Chinese workers think the American workers working 'normal' hours are slow, fat and lazy while the American workers are shocked at the Chinese climbing under machinery, through broken glass and working un-godly hours.

All while management work out how they can best exploit everyone and stamp out any talk of unionisation.

On Netflix.

• Upvote 1

Untold Crime and Penalties.

A Netflix documentary about a defunct ice hockey team named the Danbury Trashers who played in the league below the NHL in the early 2000s. They were taken over by a 'colourful' character and I will let you watch the rest. 

Worth watching even if you have no interest in ice hockey.

• Upvote 1

On 26/03/2021 at 22:40, Bruce Spanner said:

If the first link doesn't work click on the third/fourth.

One of the most important documenteries you will ever watch.

A true picture of where we are at as a species currently.

https://goldmovies.to/watch/ExoWscTk/coded-bias-2021/T2j7PjEnHT/online-for-free.html

Good recommendation mate.

Maradona 8/10.

Very good documentary on Maradona made a year or so before his death and mostly about his time at Napoli alongside his international exploits during that same time. It's difficult to describe as we all know what eventually happened,but what a player and a very simple yet complicated human being. Two plus hours of engrossing footage.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/09/2021 at 06:52, VladimirIlyich said:

Maradona 8/10.

Very good documentary on Maradona made a year or so before his death and mostly about his time at Napoli alongside his international exploits during that same time. It's difficult to describe as we all know what eventually happened,but what a player and a very simple yet complicated human being. Two plus hours of engrossing footage.

The pictures of him at that Mafia party tell a million stories. He looks lost.

19 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I know there's another part on tonight, (Tuesday), but I don't know if there are others.

Glad to know it was good, I've got it recorded. 

Yes I've just seen that it is, incidentally though not actually about WW2  there's a good documentary on tonight with Ben Mcintyre about Kim Philby, he presents a good programme usually about WW2 and Spies like the one about the origins of the SAS in the desert with that loon Paddy Mayne. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yes I've just seen that it is, incidentally though not actually about WW2  there's a good documentary on tonight with Ben Mcintyre about Kim Philby, he presents a good programme usually about WW2 and Spies like the one about the origins of the SAS in the desert with that loon Paddy Mayne. 

Nice one mate, I'll look out for that and get it recorded.

Dream/Killer - 8/10. Documentary (currently on Netflix) charting the wrongful conviction and appeals  of Ryan Ferguson who was convicted of Murder and  who served 10 years in prison before his conviction was overturned. All because his co-accused (who is also likely innocent) dreamt he was involved in a murder and decided to confess and drag Ferguson into it. Highly questionable interview techniques and an almost certainly dishonest prosecutor (now a Judge) shored up a conviction which flew in the face of all of the forensic and reliable witness evidence.