You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great Documentaries

chauncey

• 1 month later...
On 12/04/2020 at 23:00, polymerpunkah said:

The Windermere Children

Documentary about a group of children who survived the holocaust and were brought to the Lakes District to recover.

Combination of archival footage and interviews.

Very good.

Any idea where I can watch this? Is it on youtube?

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, clockspeed said:

Could be a classed a series but basically a 4 part documentary The last Narc Amazon. Very good but you need the subtitles to understand all that went on . 

Yeah that's been discussed in the TV thread, I thought it was excellent as well.

23 hours ago, markcd said:

watched this last night after your recommendation. really odd but in a really good way.

Yeah I thought the same, definitely fucking strange but in a weird sort of way it ropes you in, like a deep south story, it becomes bizarre. The music and the tales from that part of the world are odd but great in almost equal measure.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah I thought the same, definitely fucking strange but in a weird sort of way it ropes you in, like a deep south story, it becomes bizarre. The music and the tales from that part of the world are odd but great in almost equal measure.

This bloke was terrifying and ace at the same time. I kept thinking "he's murdered loads of people him."

On 18/08/2020 at 15:34, Gnasher said:

Probably already been posted but watched this last night and all I can say is down deep south they are fucking mad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0074qfn/arena-searching-for-the-wrongeyed-jesus

I've got that on a CD, I'll have to give it another watch as I remember it was good, must be about 5 years ago maybe? 

Class Action Park

Equal parts amusing and disturbing documentary about a theme park in New Jersey in the1980s and early 1990s. It was named Action Park but lawyers called it Class Action park because of how dangerous it was.

A strangely absorbing watch and you will find yourself laughing at how dangerous and bizarre it all was

8.5/10

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Once Upon A Time In Iraq - 9/10

Outstanding. Gives a true reflection of what really went on there and the toll it's taken on generations of Iraqi people. 

Yeah. Couldn't agree more, outstanding, but why couldn't the BBC give a more somewhat balanced account at the time?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, redheart said:

Class Action Park

Equal parts amusing and disturbing documentary about a theme park in New Jersey in the1980s and early 1990s. It was named Action Park but lawyers called it Class Action park because of how dangerous it was.

A strangely absorbing watch and you will find yourself laughing at how dangerous and bizarre it all was

8.5/10

Just watched this on your recommendation. Nice one. Decent enough, very easy to watch and I was laughing at some parts of it. 

8.5/10 is very generous though, when the Iraq series is being rated at 9/10 on the same page!