You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great Documentaries

chauncey

One to make even those with the toughest disposition to wince.  Jaw dropping insight into what must surely rank as a real hell on earth, where much of the population have tasted human flesh and 70% of the women have been raped.  The journalist from Vice has some balls on him.

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia

I can recommend the 'Loyalists, Provos & Brits' series that is 9 episodes in total and split into millions of 10 minute bits on youtube.

It's from the early 2000s I think (certainly after the 98 good friday agreement) and (from the point of view of a Brit) seems well balanced.

Was by UKTV History I think.

Worth a checking out for those with an interest but lack of knowledge. Gives a nice level of detail to get an understanding.

One to make even those with the toughest disposition to wince.  Jaw dropping insight into what must surely rank as a real hell on earth, where much of the population have tasted human flesh and 70% of the women have been raped.  The journalist from Vice has some balls on him.

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia

Fancy some of that. Where did you find it mate, will give it a look ?

Edit : Youtube, just found it, will give it go soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the one about the influence of money earned from slaves in Britain on BBC2 on Tuesdsy evening? Appalling and fascinating. There's a second programme next week

Yeah, saw that. Sparking an interesting discussion in the room about guilt, reparations, institutional racism, etc.

Yeah, saw that. Sparking an interesting discussion in the room about guilt, reparations, institutional racism, etc.

I hadnt known about the compensation payments before. Appalling and yet it all made so much sense when so many in high places had so much to lose.

I could hardly watch that peer showing the programme maker round his ill gotten gains

I hadnt known about the compensation payments before. Appalling and yet it all made so much sense when so many in high places had so much to lose.

I could hardly watch that peer showing the programme maker round his ill gotten gains

Saw that historian on a programme about a week with Owen Jones and a couple of hateful right wingers. He always manages to stay so calm even in the face of such despicableness. 

What I found most interesting about the programme was the influence of the poisonous banks.

Saw that historian on a programme about a week with Owen Jones and a couple of hateful right wingers. He always manages to stay so calm even in the face of such despicableness.

What I found most interesting about the programme was the influence of the poisonous banks.

How little has changed, you might say

Guest Super Sub

Not a documentary as such but can't find anywhere else to post.

Joanna Lummleys trans Siberian adventure.

She is traveling from China to Moscow on the trans Siberian railway started last week and on again tonight on itv at 9pm, well worth a watch.

If I won the lottery that is something I would do. The actual ticket is too expensive only about 700 quid for the entire journey which takes 6 days in total.

Did anyone see the one about the influence of money earned from slaves in Britain on BBC2 on Tuesdsy evening? Appalling and fascinating. There's a second programme next week

I watched what I think was part two, and it was eye opening, I'm terms of the compensation received.

I live 10 minutes away from Harewood House, and I'd no idea that it all came as a result of slavery.

I've been meaning to go there for the last couple of years but never quite get round to it, but intrigued now to see if they make mention of it in the gift shop.

Guest Pistonbroke

I watched it, just confirms how many cunts made their wealth on the back of slavery and think they are the backbone of a Great Britain. Imagine where Britain would be without all the wealth they made off the back of slavery and raping countries like India etc etc.

This is not pointed at the people who are decent in the UK as you get enough decent folk as you do in every country, but I fucking despise the so called upper class and the wannabe middle class cunts, it is turning me away from being proud of my heritage.