You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This weekend.

Cannot wait. Not only do we get the rematch between Silva and Sonnen but Tito ends his career against Forrest Griffin.

There used to be a fair bit of interest in UFC on here but i haven't seen anything for ages. I hope this card is the war it should be, and people's enthusiasm gets a little re-ignited.

Just been watching all the pre fight stuff on the website, hope its a classic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a relative newcomer to this, I can honestly say this is the most I've been looking forward to an event like this since maybe Mayweather/ Hatton.

Unusual to see Silva so rattled. He apparently even whispered 'You're going to die' into Chael's ear at the presser the other day, added to the very aggressive stuff he came out with last week. It'll either be the smartest, or dumbest thing Sonnen's ever done.

Can't fucking wait.

Think Silva will need a stoppage cos Gael is likely to dominate him on the ground and win the rounds. I hope Griffin beats Tito, Griffin is a real character and would like to see him retire with the win as oppose to Ortis.

Think Silva will need a stoppage cos Gael is likely to dominate him on the ground and win the rounds. I hope Griffin beats Tito, Griffin is a real character and would like to see him retire with the win as oppose to Ortis.

I like Forrest. Seems a decent fella on TUF and even on his twitter he's funny. Not afraid to take the piss out of himself at all. His book is supposed to be very good.

Is Tito definitely retiring? Seems to be bandied about a lot in the UFC, but a lot don't stick to it (BJ Penn springs to mind).

Eh? When was this Griffin's last fight too? He's only 32, and he came into the sport late so he should have years left. I really hope this isn't true as i love watching him fight.

Being a relative newcomer to this, I can honestly say this is the most I've been looking forward to an event like this since maybe Mayweather/ Hatton.

Unusual to see Silva so rattled. He apparently even whispered 'You're going to die' into Chael's ear at the presser the other day, added to the very aggressive stuff he came out with last week. It'll either be the smartest, or dumbest thing Sonnen's ever done.

Can't fucking wait.

Same here mate. I was proper rooting for Chael the last time they fought, it was amazing to see a fighter as dominant as Anderson Silva being completely outclassed. I don't agree with a lot of the things Chael Sonnen says, as some of it is way OTT - but sport needs big characters, and he is certainly that. He has properly got under Silva's skin, as its unlike him to come out with the stuff he has - which could be his downfall. I feel Sonnen's best chance to beat him was when he was a surprise package - this time Silva know's exactly what to expect. I fear it could be a short fight, and if it goes the way i think it will - i can see Chael calling it a day, given some of the things he has been saying. Which will be a proper shame as he's one of the best fighters in MMA for me.

I like Forrest. Seems a decent fella on TUF and even on his twitter he's funny. Not afraid to take the piss out of himself at all. His book is supposed to be very good.

Is Tito definitely retiring? Seems to be bandied about a lot in the UFC, but a lot don't stick to it (BJ Penn springs to mind).

I think Dana basically decided Tito was retiring, like he did with Chuck Liddell. He doesn't want to see his pioneers undo their legend status by hanging around too long and losing lots of fights. Tito has only won 1 of his last 9 fights, which is a terrible record considering how dominant he was in the early years. Its a shame to see him go, but its the right time IMO, the win against Bader was meant to be Tito's comeback but everyone knew there was no way he could regain a belt with the amount of injuries he'd had.

He gets inducted into the hall of fame on saturday, and rightly so - amazing fighter in his day. Absolute legend of MMA, no doubt about it.

Forrest's chin is gone and if Tito beats him then he really should call it a day.Hope Tito can go out with a win.

Would like to see Sonnen take the belt but i have a feeling we could be looking at a 1st or 2nd round tko, though Sonnens chin is granite like.Anderson seems like he's going to prove a point.

Thought he was a pretender prior to the first Silva fight.He isnt actually a cunt, he's playing it up.

First man to defeat Paulo Filho, beat Mayhem Miller, Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt,, Brian Stann and Bisping.He would beat Munoz and Belcher in my opinion although probably not finish them.

I will be honest i am more looking forward to seeing who Hector Lombard gets to destroy for the title.

Cheers, I think I'll be sky+ it and stick it on 1st thing

I sky+ these events too, however, ESPN are the worst fucking channel to Sky+ things on, they most of the time don't record right to the end which cuts the end of the event off!!!!!

Happened in the last UFC event and has happened a few times before. (Google it if you don't believe me)

Yeah didn't think of that but it should work. I'll do that tonight just incase.

Cheers.

ESPN seem to be aware of this, they usually stick a 20 min programme on afterwards so your not stuck recording 3 hours of basketball just to see the last round of the main event.

The last TUF was murder, with the fights being live it took 3 or 4 weeks for them to realise the broadcast needed to be a bit longer!