You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers on talksport now.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are putting too much faith in a manager. A manager is important, but the fact is, he doesn't play the game on the pitch. The players do. It doesn't matter how good a manager he is, if he doesn't have the cattle, he's not going to be able to compete.

At this point, even if he's the greatest manager who ever lived, he's probably not going to get us 4th place with our current squad.

But I'm sure if he is unable to successfully add a significant amount of quality to the squad and doesn't get us to 4th people will still call for his head. When the manager is not and will not be the issue.

'You look at the teams from the 1980s, and if they passed the ball backwards to keep possession, (the fans) applauded, because they are educated and they understand.

'In that sense, it is the perfect club for me.' - Brendan Rodgers

Read more: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers meets players for pre-season training | Mail Online

Well he's in for a shock 20 minutes in to his first home game then.

Guest davelfc
'You look at the teams from the 1980s, and if they passed the ball backwards to keep possession, (the fans) applauded, because they are educated and they understand.

If by applaud he means, moan and groan like fuck. Then spot on.

The fucking twats taking this place over with their infighting is getting beyond a joke

Hank, you re a clever fella but you have lost perspective son

I only really read stuff from this site but thought I would look at 'comedy RAWK' and I have to say that they wouldn't suffer posters droaning on about their expertise in the english language nor would they allow personal vendettas to spiral threads out of control

I was drunk last night and have been for days. Funeral and wakes are like that in my family. Thank fuck things go back to normal today.

No excuse for calling Rodgers a useless cunt though, he's the innocent party in all this shite. I do take exception from anyone that stabbed Kenny in the back telling me to support him though. The same people will be calling him all the names under the sun when and if results are a bit shit this season. The same people that are happy to write off a 21 year old footballer and go along with stupid childish nicknames.

The less said about that condescending prick número the better.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I was drunk last night and have been for days. Funeral and wakes are like that in my family. Thank fuck things go back to normal today.

No excuse for calling Rodgers a useless cunt though, he's the innocent party in all this shite. I do take exception from anyone that stabbed Kenny in the back telling me to support him though. The same people will be calling him all the names under the sun when and if results are a bit shit this season. The same people that are happy to write off a 21 year old footballer and go along with stupid childish nicknames.

So, are you going to tell me who you were in your previous life? What was your old username?

out of interest what would you call stabbing Kenny in the back? I wanted him to succeed and was sad to see him go but think last seasons results and transfers meant he had to go

out of interest what would you call stabbing Kenny in the back? I wanted him to succeed and was sad to see him go but think last seasons results and transfers meant he had to go

This is how I feel about it; very sad when he was sacked as I would have given him another seaaon, but the horrendous league form and transfer record means I understand why the owners felt he had to go.

Now we have a new manager who will get my support and he has done himself no harm what so ever in the way he has carried himself so far. Only time will tell whether the decision to make that particular managerial change was good or bad.

Thats almost as pathetic an excuse as leaving yourself logged in and your kid brother posting on your behalf .

First of all for any manager to go, there should have been someone better lined up. That lesson should have been learned with Hodgson. Kenny to Rodgers, is every bit as.much as a downgrade.

Calling for any managers head when he's won the first trophy in six years, reached the first fa cup final in six years in his first full season. All the while hampered with being without the clubs three best players for long spells, even longer if you count the games they couldn't gave a fuck about in the league any more and physically saved themselves for the euros and the big games. That just doesn't sit right with me at all.

Sacking any manager last season will have long reaching repercussions for the club. Following on with this now, will mean Rodgers goes this season when and if he doesn't reach top four, no matter how many trophies he wins. And if he doesn't, why the fuck not? There being five better squads, most of them with better budgets shouldn't matter one bit.

First of all for any manager to go, there should have been someone better lined up. That lesson should have been learned with Hodgson. Kenny to Rodgers, is every bit as.much as a downgrade.

Calling for any managers head when he's won the first trophy in six years, reached the first fa cup final in six years in his first full season. All the while hampered with being without the clubs three best players for long spells, even longer if you count the games they couldn't gave a fuck about in the league any more and physically saved themselves for the euros and the big games. That just doesn't sit right with me at all.

Sacking any manager last season will have long reaching repercussions for the club. Following on with this now, will mean Rodgers goes this season when and if he doesn't reach top four, no matter how many trophies he wins. And if he doesn't, why the fuck not? There being five better squads, most of them with better budgets shouldn't matter one bit.

OK, you're very upset and angry about Kenny. Understandable. And you are correct, you don't sack a manager and bring a worse one in.

That's what we did with Benitez and the disaster that was Hodgson. But Hodgson was a known quantity. NOBODY thought appointing him over Benitez was a good idea, and so it turned out. And while I rated Benitez (and Houllier before him) highly, Benitez did enough mad, stupid things in his last 18 months or so to at least be under threat of the sack. But clearly, not for a manager like Woy.

I never really had much hope that Kenny would work out as soon as I saw who he had decided to spend £80m on. He bought some very mediocre players for evry high prices, and continued to play themm despite stinking the place out. And it was always clear that he wasn't ever FSG's first choice, but their hand was forced by Woy, so they certainly didn't require much prodding to get rid of him after one poor season.

And it was poor. Fucking terrible at times, far worse than anything we had suffered under Benitez in the league. If his name wasn't Kenny Dalglish he would have gone and deservedly so.

Now, I thought - and still think - that the idea of sacking Kenny after just one season was pretty unthinkable, largely because if anyone deserved another chance, it was that man, but they disagreed and appointed Rodgers.

A huge gamble, I agree. And no, I don't think his record merits being our manager: I didn't think Swansea were anything special. But you cannot call it the same as replacing Benitez with Hodgson. They were both known quantities.

Rodgers (and to an extent the second coming of Kenny) were not. We cannot say for sure that Rodgers will be a success or a failure at Liverpool. We could with Hodgson.

OK, you're very upset and angry about Kenny. Understandable. And you are correct, you don't sack a manager and bring a worse one in.

That's what we did with Benitez and the disaster that was Hodgson. But Hodgson was a known quantity. NOBODY thought appointing him over Benitez was a good idea, and so it turned out. And while I rated Benitez (and Houllier before him) highly, Benitez did enough mad, stupid things in his last 18 months or so to at least be under threat of the sack. But clearly, not for a manager like Woy.

I never really had much hope that Kenny would work out as soon as I saw who he had decided to spend £80m on. He bought some very mediocre players for evry high prices, and continued to play themm despite stinking the place out. And it was always clear that he wasn't ever FSG's first choice, but their hand was forced by Woy, so they certainly didn't require much prodding to get rid of him after one poor season.

And it was poor. Fucking terrible at times, far worse than anything we had suffered under Benitez in the league. If his name wasn't Kenny Dalglish he would have gone and deservedly so.

Now, I thought - and still think - that the idea of sacking Kenny after just one season was pretty unthinkable, largely because if anyone deserved another chance, it was that man, but they disagreed and appointed Rodgers.

A huge gamble, I agree. And no, I don't think his record merits being our manager: I didn't think Swansea were anything special. But you cannot call it the same as replacing Benitez with Hodgson. They were both known quantities.

Rodgers (and to an extent the second coming of Kenny) were not. We cannot say for sure that Rodgers will be a success or a failure at Liverpool. We could with Hodgson.

That is a great post! Pretty much nailed how I felt about the situation, although I am probably a little bit more positive about Rodgers than you. I wanted Kenny to leave up until the day that he left, when I had cold feet and wanted him to have another season on the basis that he is Kenny, nothing more.

In the words of Xerxes 'that is a good post, well done'.

I agree with 99% of this, excellent summary of the situation.

Overall i agree, it is a gamble. But at the same time i think it's a progressive appointment, and to me it looks like they did their homework on him as a manager, the type of football he stands for, seem to be a great man manager with his head in the right place. I find it strange if people weren't impressed with Swansea and the job Rodgers has done there over the last two seasons. Certainly there have been one season wonders before. But in my memory not in the manner Swansea did it, consistently playing the same type of football and dominating possession in the vast majority of their games.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Pot, Kettle and all that!

Yeah, I didn't see that one coming when I wrote it. Thanks, Mr Obvious.