You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers on talksport now.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Somebody needs to clue Brendan up on what the very vocal minority on here are saying. No signings, Suarez sold, yank cunts selling everybody. Get with the program, Brendan.

Guest ShoePiss

Is it a Northern Irish thing to say "like you say" and "like I say" when neither have said it in the conversation? Or is it a Rodgers quirk?

I found this bit to be very impressive.

"This is a real footballing institution," he said. "I walk in every day to the training ground here and you've got the European Cup, a little bust of Bill Shankly, and as I sit in my office I've got a great photograph of some of the great players and managers of the past. For me, I embrace that because it is very inspirational and in no way intimidating."

I know we have seen it before with previous managers embracing the club, however this is the first time that I have seen a new manager look back on our history and look to to join his philosophy with ours in that way.

I always got the impression that, well specifically our last two managers wanted to make their own mark with massive changes to the club with the board not really having any real long term plan going forward so on and off the pitch combined.

Now with Rogers coming I believe the board and the first team will start to work in tandem as opposed to us flitting away money on the first team and living beyind our means.

I am nicely optimistic about the new season, I don't expect us to jump form 8th to 4th, I am looking forward to those shit Thursday nights in the UEFA, I am looking forward to how we set up and how our passing game is going to be.

Even of we do keep the likes of Downing I am still optimistic that something pretty decent is going to come of next season.

I am probably on my own like.

I found this bit to be very impressive.

"This is a real footballing institution," he said. "I walk in every day to the training ground here and you've got the European Cup, a little bust of Bill Shankly, and as I sit in my office I've got a great photograph of some of the great players and managers of the past. For me, I embrace that because it is very inspirational and in no way intimidating."

I know we have seen it before with previous managers embracing the club, however this is the first time that I have seen a new manager look back on our history and look to to join his philosophy with ours in that way.

I always got the impression that, well specifically our last two managers wanted to make their own mark with massive changes to the club with the board not really having any real long term plan going forward so on and off the pitch combined.

Now with Rogers coming I believe the board and the first team will start to work in tandem as opposed to us flitting away money on the first team and living beyind our means.

I am nicely optimistic about the new season, I don't expect us to jump form 8th to 4th, I am looking forward to those shit Thursday nights in the UEFA, I am looking forward to how we set up and how our passing game is going to be.

Even of we do keep the likes of Downing I am still optimistic that something pretty decent is going to come of next season.

I am probably on my own like.

I'm really optimistic about him.

Does it still count on a Tuesday?

Do we not need to change our own expectations on what to expect on a Tuesday?

Could Thursday be the new Tuesday?

The times they are a changing.

Tuesday will always be King of all days with regards to transfers. it is scientifically proven that it is the day when stuff happens. Monday is too soon after the weekend and should be mainly used for topping up tea levels and playing Rumble.

Is it a Northern Irish thing to say "like you say" and "like I say" when neither have said it in the conversation? Or is it a Rodgers quirk?

Used by loads of players and managers in interviews....almost as much as the one that really gets to me...'to be fair'...when no-one has said anything controversial or anything that needs further justification

Guest ShoePiss
Used by loads of players and managers in interviews....almost as much as the one that really gets to me...'to be fair'...when no-one has said anything controversial or anything that needs further justification

Hmm I suppose its possible I haven't noticed it in over 30 years of watching players and mangers being interviewed. I wonder if it's like the Edinburgh 'likesay' meaning 'you know' though.

Tuesday will always be King of all days with regards to transfers. it is scientifically proven that it is the day when stuff happens. Monday is too soon after the weekend and should be mainly used for topping up tea levels and playing Rumble.

I am not sure many of the slobbering fools on here can handle the pressure and expectations that a Tuesday brings.

Over expecting has been hard to deal with for us the last couple of years.

As of this moment I am starting the campaign for the week to officially start on a Tuesday. In fact, I will be canvassing the government for the complete removal of Monday from the gregorian calendar.