You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking tooth ache

AVEEZ

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Anyone ever used an at home filling kit? Any advice/tips? 

I lost a filling last Wednesday and an abscess developed and spread across the gum. The pain is fucking unbearable. I’m moody as fuck and no one wants to be around me (that’s pretty normal to be fair though). 

I’ve been taking paracetamol, ibuprofen and naproxen like a fat kid eats sweets and I’ve got a load of antibiotics off a mate. 

I didn’t register with a dentist when I moved down here so I’m having to phone the dental hospital every morning at 9 o’clock to go on a triage list. However the call handler admitted they’re getting 300 calls a day for 45 appointments and if you don’t call back each morning you come off the list. 

If this doesn’t get sorted soon I’m going to either have a falling down moment, end up single or die of liver failure. 

@lifetime fan mate call 111 and get a referral right away. Happened to me years back (night of the Paris attacks I remember it all too vividly) I couldn't think straight and had taken everything I could but fuck all stopped it. They got me in at Portsmouth Uni dentist where they have 4th year students working on people. They won't give long-term treatment but they will clean it out and the pain will fuck off. Must be the same in Plymouth.

I don't envy you at all. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

@lifetime fan mate call 111 and get a referral right away. Happened to me years back (night of the Paris attacks I remember it all too vividly) I couldn't think straight and had taken everything I could but fuck all stopped it. They got me in at Portsmouth Uni dentist where they have 4th year students working on people. They won't give long-term treatment but they will clean it out and the pain will fuck off. Must be the same in Plymouth.

I don't envy you at all. 

Thats the triage list has have to try every day mate. 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Tried 3 private dentists and none of them have any appointments until next week. 

Not sure if you are near me but the private ones do work out sometimes I got one here for my lad a few weeks ago gave me a next day appointment. Liverpool Road, Chester

https://www.chesterdentist.co.uk/

• Upvote 1

Lad I went to school with tool his teeth put with a pliers and offered to do for anyone that would spilt the tooth fairy money with him. Proper mental he was, his dad was in the IRA and his uncle was a flasher.

I know that won't help, just thought I'd share it with you.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

Lad I went to school with tool his teeth put with a pliers and offered to do for anyone that would spilt the tooth fairy money with him. Proper mental he was, his dad was in the IRA and his uncle was a flasher.

I know that won't help, just thought I'd share it with you.

Hahahaha tickled me that line 

20 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Round here you can go to your walk in centre and they'll send you to Chorley hospital for emergency dental treatment as they have a dental dept.

I imagine there''ll be something similar where you are, but you might have to travel.

It’s the dental hospital I’m having to phone every day. They have 45 appointments available each day and get approx 300 calls every day. 

I have a private appointment next Tuesday but I can’t wait that long. 

31 minutes ago, Mook said:

@lifetime fan One thing you definitely shouldn't do is take paracetamol any more than it says to on the box. I've seen people in hospital after fucking about with too much paracetamol and they were in a state.

Its the ibuprofen that’s doing me in. I can’t eat because of the pain and my stomach constantly feels like it’s on fire. I’m just constantly trying to swallow natural yoghurt to ease it. 

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

It’s the dental hospital I’m having to phone every day. They have 45 appointments available each day and get approx 300 calls every day. 

I have a private appointment next Tuesday but I can’t wait that long. 

As far as I'm aware, if the walk in centre refers you for emergency treatment you just go straight there as they make the appointment for you. 

I'm pretty sure this is what happened to the husband of one of my Mrs' workmates not long ago.

Perhaps he was just lucky maybe.

Hope you get it sorted soon though, there's nothing worse.

21 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Its the ibuprofen that’s doing me in. I can’t eat because of the pain and my stomach constantly feels like it’s on fire. I’m just constantly trying to swallow natural yoghurt to ease it. 

Get some Omeprazole as well to help with that, the chemist should be able to advise an over the counter version.

• Upvote 1

Apologies. 

I tried to make this post NSFW but obviously don’t know how to on the new forum. 

[NSFW]

I couldn’t cope with another night of the pain.  

I had taken to biting a wooden spoon to make it even more painful than it already was to then make it feel like I was having a few seconds of ‘relief’ when I stopped biting the spoon. 

After watching some YouTube videos this afternoon I went and bought a corn scalpel, drank a bottle of rum and then mixed a mug of boiling water, vodka, salt and soluble Co-codomol. 

I pierced my gum with the scalpel and the abscess burst through, the smell made me projectile vomit before I could even rinse my mouth out.

I drank/rinsed my mouth out with a load of the vodka, salt, Co-codomol solution and then kept pushing the gum from either side to try and get as much of the infection out as possible. The smell/taste was indescribable and I kept vomiting. 

Once I got as much out as possible I kept rinsing my mouth out and then put the home dental filling kit in the tooth. 

My mouth still tastes fucking foul but although there’s still some pain it’s no where fucking near what it was. 

I’m still rinsing my mouth with/drinking neat vodka but feel I might be able to sleep tonight. 

[/NSFW]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Apologies. 

I tried to make this post NSFW but obviously don’t know how to on the new forum. 

[NSFW]

I couldn’t cope with another night of the pain.  

I had taken to biting a wooden spoon to make it even more painful than it already was to then make it feel like I was having a few seconds of ‘relief’ when I stopped biting the spoon. 

After watching some YouTube videos this afternoon I went and bought a corn scalpel, drank a bottle of rum and then mixed a mug of boiling water, vodka, salt and soluble Co-codomol. 

I pierced my gum with the scalpel and the abscess burst through, the smell made me projectile vomit before I could even rinse my mouth out.

I drank/rinsed my mouth out with a load of the vodka, salt, Co-codomol solution and then kept pushing the gum from either side to try and get as much of the infection out as possible. The smell/taste was indescribable and I kept vomiting. 

Once I got as much out as possible I kept rinsing my mouth out and then put the home dental filling kit in the tooth. 

My mouth still tastes fucking foul but although there’s still some pain it’s no where fucking near what it was. 

I’m still rinsing my mouth with/drinking neat vodka but feel I might be able to sleep tonight. 

[/NSFW]

Desperate needs need desperate deeds. 

Respect due there mate. 

Wow, that was really desparate having to do that but, I could imagine the pain driving someone to do it or pull a tooth out themselves. Evolution has really fucked with our gobs!

Our local pratice is private but also runs an NHS service. The practice manager tried to get me to go private a few years ago but I said I was more than happy with the NHS gob doctors I saw. They seem to change them every couple of years but I cant speak highly enough of them.

Despite this, they are making it harder to get in to see them even for regular check ups, kind of trying to force you to pay and be seen yesterday in a posher surgery with piped music and other shit.

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Dental Hospital finally rang back and have an appointment at 1:15 so I’ll at least save on the private appointment next week. 

This is gonna be like when you try to fix your car yourself and then take it to the mechanic.

"Did you do this yourself?"

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1