You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest davelfc

I like Hansen, but I'm never happy when a scot is making comments on an England game. He's a Scot! Anyway pet hate of mine.

Worst combo last night could have been Jonathan Pearce and Lawrenson. But it was bad enough with Lawrenson's couldn't really give a crap attitude. Snide comments, awful puns (but enough about me) I really don't see the point in him. Do his bosses at the BBC not listen to him? He offers nothing, nothing to the commentary at all.

If i could find a way to still watch in HD with just the crowd noise I would but when you try that it takes you back to standard picture, this needs sorting because most commentary these days just ruins the game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

comment last night pissed me off "Italy have barely touched the ball" Lawro - "Bit like Ireland"

and

His comment when talking about Jordi Alba going to Barca for €14m.. Something along the line of "or two Andy Carrolls.." Snidy fucker has a dig at any given opportunity about anything and anyone.

He was just appalling last night...one snidey pointless look how clever I (think) I am comment after another

Cant remember the context but at one point his comment was 'bitter'...and that just about sums him up for me

They're definitely getting worse with age. Hansen's comments on Balotelli were nothing short of disgraceful, claiming he'll have to score '10 hattricks' just to 'change his mind about him' and that he offers nothing because he isn't 'reliable'. Less said about Lawrensen the better, the only excuse I can think of for him is that he's from Preston.

They're definitely getting worse with age. Hansen's comments on Balotelli were nothing short of disgraceful, claiming he'll have to score '10 hattricks' just to 'change his mind about him' and that he offers nothing because he isn't 'reliable'. Less said about Lawrensen the better, the only excuse I can think of for him is that he's from Preston.

I think "disgraceful" is a bit harsh. Largely because Balotelli is a stupid thick cunt, and I hate him, and therefore Hansen is correct.

Two of the finest defenders to play for the club. Helping us to multiple league titles and European honours.

No one is forcing you to listen to their views on the game.

Your right, but when some of my tv license money is going towards their wages, and you have twats like Lawrenson ruining the experience for me, well,it makes absolutely no difference to me if he is a legend etc etc, I will still have a fuckin go you blert. I had to switch over to I fuckin T fuckin V. Can we not criticise ex Liverpool legends? Without knobs like you spouting we don't have to listen to them & them helping us win titles? it's not the fuckin point. Guess what? Steve g is 1 of our biggest legends & I fuckin adore him as a FOOTBALLER, but I don't like him. There is quite a few club legends that are pricks.

:

Your right, but when some of my tv license money is going towards their wages, and you have twats like Lawrenson ruining the experience for me, well,it makes absolutely no difference to me if he is a legend etc etc, I will still have a fuckin go you blert. I had to switch over to I fuckin T fuckin V. Can we not criticise ex Liverpool legends? Without knobs like you spouting we don't have to listen to them & them helping us win titles? it's not the fuckin point. Guess what? Steve g is 1 of our biggest legends & I fuckin adore him as a FOOTBALLER, but I don't like him. There is quite a few club legends that are pricks.

poor you having to change channels.

Fuck switching over, on purpose, to watch Adrian cunting Chiles.

I'm not really arsed about Lawrenson and Hansen's shit commentary/punditry. Almost everyone on Sky/Espn/Itv/BBC/Five are hopelessly fucking terrible.

Unless James Richardson, Sid Lowe and Gianluca Vialli were covering a game I'll usually ignore the commentary, and spent half time making a brew.

I loved it when he commented on Balotelli giving Di Natale some shit, Lawro says "Pfff, Pot, Kettle..."

Either he luckily stopped at Kettle, or he realised what he was about to do.

Which was nothing wrong, and he should have said it. If only to ignite the hordes of angry, screeching, reactionary Twatters, permanently at Defcon One, itching to to launch their latest strident, ignorant rantings into the Twattersphere.

You can tell how bog average Hansen has become, because you could Quantum Leap into his life and nobody would have a fucking clue.

"Lionel Messi is a phenomenal player".

"Two banks of four".

Job done, give me my wages.

You can tell how bog average Hansen has become, because you could Quantum Leap into his life and nobody would have a fucking clue.

"Two banks of four".

There was a comment back in the first game of the tournament, which alerted me to just how cliched and lazy Hansen has become.

Dixon was trying to make a valid tactical analysis of how Poland had allowed 10-man Greece to get back into a game in which they should have been dead and buried. It was an interesting point, the type of which you don't often see on, well, any coverage in this country.

Then Hansen butted in with the platitudes, "Goals, sendings off, drama, great game. What more could you want?"

How about some fucking analysis - you know - the type which people like us are actually paying for.

It really hits home just how shite and monotonous the supposed 'analysis' is of English football when you watch pundits in other sports, such as tennis. Former players giving proper tactical analysis, offering an insight into both the physical and psychological trappings of the game. Football coverage in this country reflects its national side. Banal, unimaginative tabloid pish.

Alan Shearer was worse on Balotelli: "He's done absolutely nothing in the game"

Honours:

Club Internazionale

Serie A (3): 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10

Coppa Italia (1): 2009–10

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2008

UEFA Champions League (1): 2009–10

Manchester City

Premier League (1): 2011–12

FA Cup (1): 2010–11

Euro 2012 Final.

Show us your medals then, Alan? No? Thought not. Dickhead.

Honours:

Club Internazionale

Manchester City

Euro 2012 Final.

I like this. Balotelli is a cock though.

The BBC's coverage has been woeful. Smug and boring, but with an air of arrogance which suggests they don't really give a shit what people think. It goes from the mind numbingly tedious drivel you hear to the disgracefuly out of touch and nonsensical shite spouted by utter brainless morons like Bright and Keown. Keown especially has out done himself this tournament the pre historic headed mong.

Guest San Don

Jocky's fucking boss, dont know how anyone can slag him off. lawrenson on the other hand just sounds like he'd prefer to be somewehere else.

Honours:

Club Internazionale

Manchester City

Euro 2012 Final.

Alan Shearer is a Premier League winner.

He also turned down the Mancs to go to his hometown club, which makes him a decent guy in my opinion.

I think that the point he was trying to make was Balotelli has yet to establish himself as a first choice player, despite clearly having the talent to be able to.

"Two banks of four".

This is the nail on the head with Hansen.

Heard it all before from him , his tired old script is 10 years out of date , getting paid 40k a show for spouting his worn out unimaginative shit each week is well ....... hes a very lucky man.

Lawro i agree with the concensus thats hes a top cunt , how can you not ?

Apart from his obvious flaw of being an arsehole no-one else has mentioned how utterly fed up and bored he sounds , he gets to travel the world/country watching the best football and all he has to offer is bored miserable snidey tones , no good/interseting insight or anything postive at all , he again is a very lucky man but you wouldn't think it listening to the cunt.

You can tell some of his co - commentators hate him , you can hear the contempt in their voices towards him , and rightfully so.

Shearer is similar to Hansen , same old cliches same old shit , points out the obvious all the time , try telling us something a 7 year old doesn't already know Alan.

Also what was going on with Shearer pitchside when he was with Jake Humphreys , he had this strange falsed grin thing going on , weird.

Keown last night said at the end something along the lines of 'who knows England might win the WC in Brazil' ...... that single sentance sums up his football insight.

If Hansen has become bland and, not only, hasn't been sacked, but is still very well paid while an additional bland pundit(Shearer) has been brought in to add to the bland presenter, there is an obvious conclusion to draw about where the problem lies.

Lawro i agree with the concensus thats hes a top cunt , how can you not ?

Apart from his obvious flaw of being an arsehole no-one else has mentioned how utterly fed up and bored he sounds , he gets to travel the world/country watching the best football and all he has to offer is bored miserable snidey tones , no good/interseting insight or anything postive at all , he again is a very lucky man but you wouldn't think it listening to the cunt.

One of Andy Gray's few saving graces was that the guy seemed to actually like football, he looked genuinely grateful that someone had given him a job and let him talk about footy and he'd buzz off his gadgets and of seeing good matches and goals. Fair's fair, at least pretending you're alive should be a bare minimum requirement for someone in such an enviable position.

I loved it when he commented on Balotelli giving Di Natale some shit, Lawro says "Pfff, Pot, Kettle..."

Either he luckily stopped at Kettle, or he realised what he was about to do.

I was sure he said the full phrase.

I did have to laugh where the main commentator was talking about Pirlo saying getting to the final and not winning would be like going to Rome and not seeing the Pope.

For which Lawrenson replied "Done that loads of times"

And to be fair to Hansen I would be in cruise control if I had to put up with Shearer, Lawrenson and Liner every week.