You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scary (jumpy, not some gorey shite) Movies

Carradona

The old Armchair Thrillers were really good, some we pretty jumpy. If I can recall, I think one was called "The Black Nun" and that was pretty good.

[YOUTUBE]z3Up8vQ0cd0[/YOUTUBE]

Also, I don't think you could ever discount Tales of The Unexpected for good old fashioned creepiness.

[YOUTUBE]Oc46Gk-6qrA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I will probably be ridiculed for this but I found the Woman in Black recently to be fairly jumpy/scary. I don't watch a colossal amount of horror and perhaps it was my location at the time (living on my own in a small dark village in the highlands) but it gave me the creeps for a fair while after.

Just watched Insidious. Not a classic of the genre, but spooky enough if you can get your head into it.

I think that's the secret with any good horror flick - you have to set the right tone, no distractions so you can immerse yourself enough to achieve the suspension of disbelief necessary to buy into what is going on.

The original Salem's Lot is superb. The recent remake isn't bad, Donald Sutherland is creepy as fuck in it.

If he's any creepier than James Mason in the original then he deserves an Oscar. The original was scary as fuck, the music, the vampires themselves, especially the "LOOK AT ME TEACHER" one and the icy tapping on the window of the Glick boy. Brilliant.

Does anybody remember a programme that was on in the mid 80's called Murder, Mystery and Suspense? I was only a kid at the time but the programme was creepy as fuck. I can't find any references to it anywhere or anywhere where I'd be able to watch them now (which means it must have been my vivid imagination and it was really a bag of shite and not creepy at all). If anyone knows of this programme or where I'd be able to watch episodes of it let me know thanks.

Does anybody remember a programme that was on in the mid 80's called Murder, Mystery and Suspense? I was only a kid at the time but the programme was creepy as fuck. I can't find any references to it anywhere or anywhere where I'd be able to watch them now (which means it must have been my vivid imagination and it was really a bag of shite and not creepy at all). If anyone knows of this programme or where I'd be able to watch episodes of it let me know thanks.

According to this forum Murder Mystery Suspense on ITV in the 80s - Forums @ The Digital Fix it wasn't a series in it's own right, rather just a banner that ITV used to show different movies every week?

Unless you mean Hammer house of mystery and suspense, which can be downloaded here tscan.eu - Search Engine Searcher

According to this forum Murder Mystery Suspense on ITV in the 80s - Forums @ The Digital Fix it wasn't a series in it's own right, rather just a banner that ITV used to show different movies every week?

Unless you mean Hammer house of mystery and suspense, which can be downloaded here tscan.eu - Search Engine Searcher

Ah right, cheers mate, yeah my memory is a bit sketchy but I remember some of the movies under the banner were really suspenseful. Is there any chance of getting the names of some of the movies that were on?

Ah right, cheers mate, yeah my memory is a bit sketchy but I remember some of the movies under the banner were really suspenseful. Is there any chance of getting the names of some of the movies that were on?

Was this the opening to it?

[YOUTUBE]ZsQ_tjZp7qU[/YOUTUBE]

As far as I can tell, these are some of the films:

Bridge Across Time (TV 1985) - IMDb starring the Hoff no less

Crowhaven Farm (TV 1970) - IMDb

The Power Within (TV 1979) - IMDb

The Blood on Satan's Claw (1971) - IMDb I actually remember this one as a kid, so maybe I saw it on ITV as part of the series.

Gemini Man (TV Series 1976) - IMDb

The Medusa Touch (1978) - IMDb

When Time Ran Out... (1980) - IMDb

Snowbeast (TV 1977) - IMDb

Don't Go to Sleep (TV 1982) - IMDb

No Place to Hide (TV 1981) - IMDb

She Cried Murder (TV 1973) - IMDb

Nightkill (1980) - IMDb

The Medusa Touch with Richard Burton ?

If it's the same film it was excellent.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

WINDSCALE

That's a brilliant film. I watched it one Sunday evening when I was a kid and it has stayed with me since. I think it should be remade, it deserves a new audience.

Quite an interesting main character. Couldn't really work out hwt his motivations were. And that ending.

• 1 year later...

The original The Vanishing not the shite remake with Keifer Sutherland....I think the original is Dutch...

Also I thought the Blair Witch was pretty creepy especially the ending.

One film that still puts the shits up me is Psycho I know its old but that shower scene and the music is still pretty scary..