You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Festivals

PaulMcC

Beni's supposed to be boss but i've never ventured out even though loads of my mates do, wanted to go this year however but funds are tight so its been swerved!

Exit in Serbia is another people have been to who I know and have raved about it

There is one in Holland too

Benicassim is on a date I can't go. Been looking at exit but I reckon it'd be steep to get to.

Looking at Pukkelpop near Brussels at the minute. Flights from Liverpool are normally not too bad.

J

Edited by PaulMcC

Exit's campsite is next to a beach and its hot as fuck. Further up the river in town there's also a public beach. Always been sunny and hot when I have been there the past 4 years. Mind you it's too hot for camping though. Festival starts at 8-9pm and goes on 8-9 in the morning. Sleeping all day and partying all night is very apt.

Exit's campsite is next to a beach and its hot as fuck. Further up the river in town there's also a public beach. Always been sunny and hot when I have been there the past 4 years. Mind you it's too hot for camping though. Festival starts at 8-9pm and goes on 8-9 in the morning. Sleeping all day and partying all night is very apt.

It sounds class. Gutted I can't go away that weekend. All the decent ones seem to be that weekend.

Have you been to any other festivals in Europe?

I was at Pukkelpop two years ago. Not sure how old you are but even at 23 I felt I was one of the older ones -- loads of 16/17 year olds acting like dickheads, quite a few fights near our campsite and our tents got robbed the first day.

The other downside was the amount of time travelling to get there, took about 12 hours all in so we were pretty knackered by the time we got there and set up.

Apart from those things, it was decent. Good mixture of bands and festivals are always good with your mates so that made it worth it. I've been to better, though, but not in Europe.

Went to Sziget (in budapest) and Berlin festival last year. Both were excelent.

With Sziget it takes place on one of the islands in the danube, last year the headliners were Kasabain, Chemical Brothers, Dizzee Rascal and the Prodidgy who were immense. You can camp but loads of people rent out appartments/stay in hostels during the durations as it is easy to get to. 6th to the 13th of august.

Berlin festival takes place in the old templehof airport inside the hangers, it is very berlinesque with loads of art space alongside the stages and has a fairly chilled out vibe. The festival continues well into the next day if you tickets for club xberg. It is to the south of the city and is easy to get to via the u bahn. The line up if fairly UK indie with a load of dance at the end. This year its on september the 7th to 8th.