You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football kits show and tell: The Best and the Worst

WhiskeyJar

My favourite Liverpool kits are probably the 86 double winning shirt (my first), the first Champions league special by Reebok, and the one the collar that Bellamy used to cut off

This Boca one from 2001 is one of my favourites from other teams

728px-2001_Local.jpg

Unfortunately for me I got it when I was there in 2002, which was the same kit, but they changed their sponsor from the biggest selling beer in South America to Pepsi

Liked the Barce Turquiose one too

422Barcelona_-_Away_New_2.jpg

And being half Jamaican, I love this one, although the problem I have with this one is that basically I am so light skinned, I look white, so have had a few funny looks. I was out wearing it years back and decided to go to the cinema to see the Ali G film, in which Ali G also wears one, have to say I felt a bit embarrassed when I left!

170448d1305355376-rate-my-kit-thread-jamaica-98-home_1.jpg

christ on a bike. I suspect it hasn't been thought through - who the fuck is going to walk around town in that? Having said that, it might look the business on an enormous Yank in white socks and trainers bumbling along the beach in Miami.

Please god no but just stick with the home one it is sound, the best in years and maybe they will get the message, keep it fucking simple. Not hard to do.

• 9 months later...
Take your pick

980x735

Quite like that to be honest ^

I remember when those French rugby shirts came out with the pink flowers and thinking, bold move. They've had some designs that were eye-catching, that's for sure. Lots of pink.

That Uruguay shirt is beautiful. Not because it's sky blue, just simple and elegant. Would look good in any colour for any team.

A Liverpool one would look classy with yellow laces at the neck, or even all red, like the current shirt.

I like understated kit... like the current Liverpool home, and the old Arsenal burgundy home kit (last season at Highbury).

You want a shite looking kit?

Chelsea are trying to promote their next home kit with the slogan "It's blue - what else matters?" along with getting a few players posing while dripping with blue paint. Apparently the idea is to get pre-orders up before the shirt is unveiled, and since the shirt looks like bog-standard fare from the Adidas teamwear range, you can sort of understand why they are trying to act before the inevitable sense of being underwhelmed and unimpressed kicks in. The slogan "It's for cunts - what else matters?" would have been more appropriate.

CHS.jpg