You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

marcus50bucks

I not about to start bumming Rodgers just cause a bunch of cunts that know fuck all about football have made him Liverpool manager. He's done nothing In the game that impresses me, nor will he get the players onside.

AVB over him every day of the week. One of them is likely to gone by Xmas but it won't be spurs boss. They'll finish above us for the 4th year running now.

Mmmm im interested to hear what you have contributed to the game of Football, apart from talk absolute shite on here, that doesnt count.

Go on, we're waiting.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I not about to start bumming Rodgers just cause a bunch of cunts that know fuck all about football have made him Liverpool manager. He's done nothing In the game that impresses me, nor will he get the players onside.

AVB over him every day of the week. One of them is likely to gone by Xmas but it won't be spurs boss. They'll finish above us for the 4th year running now.

AVB is a blithering idiot who cannot string a fucking sentence together. I can see now why you like him.

We're now managed by last season's Swansea manager.

Last season's Swansea's manager couldn't attract one of his former players (from Iceland).

I don't know how to put this politely. But I believe we're fucked.

I think it's more likely that we were unwilling to double the salary we initially offered him, which in itself was probably a few multiples of what he was on at Swansea.

We're now managed by last season's Swansea manager.

Last season's Swansea's manager couldn't attract one of his former players (from Iceland).

I don't know how to put this politely. But I believe we're fucked.

Yep. Is very worrying how on earth we fucked this up.

If Rodgers hands are tied, we're not gonna sign anyone that other clubs will be in for as we won't be able to compete with wages.

So from one ridiculous extreme last summer from offering crazy transfer fees and wages to the other spectrum this summer.

We moved very very quickly last summer and it was a disaster

No last summer was a disaster cause Henderson and Downing are average at best and we threw the kitchen sink and the fucking kitchen at them/their clubs to get them.

At least it wasn't a complete catastrophe as we got everyone else relatively cheap.

I propose a wager if you will be so bold as to accept.

Both Spurs and ourselves have new managers. Which new manager will have the greatest impact in the league season 2012-13 at their new club?

The baseline for AVB is 69 points. That's what Spurs got last year. How many points +/- will Spurs get in their first season under AVB? The result will show us the impact of the new manager in his first season.

The baseline for Rodgers is 52 points. That's what Liverpool got last year. How many points +/- will Liverpool get in their first season under Brendan Rodgers? The result will show us the impact of the new manager in his first season.

My contention is that Rodgers will improve Liverpool more than AVB will improve Spurs.

Since you like AVB are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? Are you willing to say he will improve Spurs more than Rodgers will improve Liverpool?

25 or 50 pounds, whatever you are comfortable with. Proceeds to HJC? TLW? Happy for you to name the amount and the recipient of the loser's cash.

Thanks.

I propose a wager if you will be so bold as to accept.

Both Spurs and ourselves have new managers. Which new manager will have the greatest impact in the league season 2012-13 at their new club?

The baseline for AVB is 69 points. That's what Spurs got last year. How many points +/- will Spurs get in their first season under AVB? The result will show us the impact of the new manager in his first season.

The baseline for Rodgers is 52 points. That's what Liverpool got last year. How many points +/- will Liverpool get in their first season under Brendan Rodgers? The result will show us the impact of the new manager in his first season.

My contention is that Rodgers will improve Liverpool more than AVB will improve Spurs.

Since you like AVB are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? Are you willing to say he will improve Spurs more than Rodgers will improve Liverpool?

25 or 50 pounds, whatever you are comfortable with. Proceeds to HJC? TLW? Happy for you to name the amount and the recipient of the loser's cash.

Thanks.

There is no way Sigurdsson was a main target for us this summer, though I think Rodgers would have wanted him here.

Quite odd that people on here are shitting themselves over missing out on a self confessed manc (who would rather "work on his dads ship than sign for Liverpool") who hasn't done anything ground breaking and plays in a position we already have covered.

I do, however, have a lot of reservations about this year. Optimism is largely blind for the moment. So would criticism be. Just wait and lets see what transpires.

A position we already have covered in shit, unless Gerrard's recent injury record improves magnificently.

Personally I could take or leave Siggurdson, but it seems we've become quite the fashionable team to turn down this summer and that does concern me.