You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aquilani. Cheeky cunt

Marko121

I've got to ask - what does his apparent lack of enthusiasm about being here have to do with his skill level when compared to Charlie Adam?

I think because the argument that he's better than Adam is largely put forward by those who think he could play for us again. If he's taken an "anywhere but here" stance then it's pretty much a moot point.

Even when it seemed he might have a future here there were rumours of him feigning injury to avoid training and he couldn't tackle and refused to track back. Now that he's more desperate than ever to leave i can't see him putting in the effort if he were forced to stay, which is why we've spent a couple of years having to loan him out.

He's a better player than Adam in terms of technical ability, but that's only a small part of what makes a good player, and for us i fear he'd be a sulky wet lettuce.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for him. Sort of. This move defines his career.

We offered a silly fee for him when he was broken. His club excepted it. He came here played ok certainly not Poulsen shit. Didn't settle didn't fit so got loaned out. Understandably he does not want to come back.

I'd have a problem if he was happy to sit in the stands picking up a wage. He wants to play football in Italy.

Exactly. He has came back and it's been clear since his first season that neither Roy or Kenny were going to give him a chance beyond pre season so he has gone out on loan to play football. That isn't his fault. Last summer we signed Adam+Henderson to play CM when Aquilani would have done no worse. Poulsen the summer before. We don't want him, he wants to leave and he wants to play football, and he wants to do that ASAP. How the fuck that makes him a cheeky cunt I don't know.

We have already had a meeting with Liverpool, but nothing came out of it. Were for waiting Liverpool to respond, agent Zavaglia told Ilsussidiario.net. I dont know if Aquilani wants to stay at Milan. Were waiting for Liverpool. We might hear from them later this week. What we asked them? Well keep that to ourselves.

In any case, theres absolutely no chance that Aquilani will be released for free. The offer needed to sign him? I dont know. Well see what happens.

I would rather we play him seeing as he is comfortably our best midfielder behind Lucas and Gerrard. And if we play him we'll either get his value up to a decent level or we keep him and he'll improve the team from last season.

Not sure why i'm bothering but he's not even the third best midfielder on loan, he's fucking woeful, and his name is Albert, a lot of people seem to forget this.

Exactly. He has came back and it's been clear since his first season that neither Roy or Kenny were going to give him a chance beyond pre season so he has gone out on loan to play football. That isn't his fault. Last summer we signed Adam+Henderson to play CM when Aquilani would have done no worse. Poulsen the summer before. We don't want him, he wants to leave and he wants to play football, and he wants to do that ASAP. How the fuck that makes him a cheeky cunt I don't know.

You're assuming neither Roy or Kenny gave him a chance and that they signed players effectively forcing him out. A counter argument would be he made it clear he wanted out, wasn't going to put in the effort and we were the ones forced to send him on loan and sign more CMs.

If he really wanted to just play football, and that was his only concern, he'd take a wage cut, sign for a lower level Italian side rather than being happy to bench warm and be a bit part player in the supposed prime of his career.

Sorry-but I don't know how anybody can feel sorry for someone who has been paid an awful lot of money whilst doing ( and now not wanting to do ) the square root of fuck all for the club who are actually giving him the dosh.

He knew that England was outside of Italy when he signed his lucrative contract ( I know we gave him it before you mention it) but it seems to me that he has been hankering to get back to Italy since he came here.

Being the best player in pre season and no indication of your dedication to the club. It would be nice if the overpaid, over privileged bags of horse shit that play football these days actually thought of anyone but themselves.

Hope he gets his money. He's been treated like shit by the club and the fans from the first day. The patience fans showed with the signed-injured Andy Carroll, compared to the way Aquilani was turned on from day one has been pretty fucking sickening.

He’s been playing Champions League football for 2 years now and had two proper titles challenges while we’ve wallowed around in mid table shite, so all in all Aquilani has done infinitely better out of this then we did.

Anyway, let him go and let the imbeciles continue to believe he was our worst midfielder for the last two year. Maybe, just maybe if someone actually told him we want him to stay and show a bit of faith by then playing him, we could have had a decent player on our hands. Certainly no worse the some of the insipid midfield performances we sat through last year.

Hope he gets his money. He's been treated like shit by the club and the fans from the first day. The patience fans showed with the signed-injured Andy Carroll, compared to the way Aquilani was turned on from day one has been pretty fucking sickening.

He’s been playing Champions League football for 2 years now and had two proper titles challenges while we’ve wallowed around in mid table shite, so all in all Aquilani has done infinitely better out of this then we did.

Anyway, let him go and let the imbeciles continue to believe he was our worst midfielder for the last two year. Maybe, just maybe if someone actually told him we want him to stay and show a bit of faith by then playing him, we could have had a decent player on our hands. Certainly no worse the some of the insipid midfield performances we sat through last year.

Sorry Johnny but that's not true. I can't remember anyone being against him from day one. In fact everyone I know was excited about finally getting to see him play, especially after the Arsenal game.

Some people questioned the amount of money being spent on a player with his injury record sure, but that's a completely different thing to being against him.

He's been playing Champions League football for 2 years now and had two proper titles challenges while we've wallowed around in mid table shite, so all in all Aquilani has done infinitely better out of this then we did.

Juventus finished 8th the season he was there, just saying like

He hasn't been treated like shit at all, he doesn't want to be here which is blindingly obvious to everyone! That is is his problem, he cost £20m and he doesn't want to be here anymore, but he ain't worth £20m but sadly he isn't that important that clubs who he does want to play for will pay a fair price for him!

We do get a fee for him on loan, so he has probably raised about £10m. Fuck him off, terrible signing and as much as I don't rate Adam, at least he does want to play for us (unfortunately!)

Sorry Johnny but that's not true. I can't remember anyone being against him from day one. In fact everyone I know was excited about finally getting to see him play, especially after the Arsenal game.

Some people questioned the amount of money being spent on a player with his injury record sure, but that's a completely different thing to being against him.

That’s certainly not my memory of things. People complained long and hard about signing him injured, which was understandable to a degree, but it went way overboard, and certainly the difference between the support for Carroll has been striking.

But when he finally played for us, he had a slow start and there were plenty stating how they only needed 1 game to judge a player and he was shite.

I can remember being very angry at this because I was a fan of the lad and knew him as a player for a while and I ended up writing many posts like my last one after only about 5-6 games. It was ridicules.

However, he was clearly been turned on for who he wasn't, as opposed to who he was.

He hasn't been treated like shit at all, he doesn't want to be here which is blindingly obvious to everyone! That is is his problem, he cost £20m and he doesn't want to be here anymore, but he ain't worth £20m but sadly he isn't that important that clubs who he does want to play for will pay a fair price for him!

We do get a fee for him on loan, so he has probably raised about £10m. Fuck him off, terrible signing and as much as I don't rate Adam, at least he does want to play for us (unfortunately!)

Do you not see why though?

He doesn’t want to be here because no one has given him any type of a proper chance. Certainly nothing like a lot of other players have had. Even when he was our best performer by a distance in pre-season it was all about how professional he was by playing so well when he knew we were sending him out on loan. How about we just tried to support the lad and trust him and give him a proper chance that the like of Henderson and Downing got instead? Maybe if we'd done that then he would want to be here. Who wants to be a place where you're clearly not wanted.

The sending of him on loan and the sale of Meireles was stupid, plain and simple. Maybe let one of those happen, but both? Stupid stupid error.

He doesn’t want to be here because no one has given him any type of a proper chance. Certainly nothing like a lot of other players have had. Even when he was our best performer by a distance in pre-season it was all about how professional he was by playing so well when he knew we were sending him out on loan. How about we just tried to support the lad and trust him and give him a proper chance that the like of Henderson and Downing got instead? Maybe if we'd done that then he would want to be here. Who wants to be a place where you're clearly not wanted.

The sending of him on loan and the sale of Meireles was stupid, plain and simple. Maybe let one of those happen, but both? Stupid stupid error.

Johnny how was he our best performer pre season? He was shite against Valencia and Hull, he had a decent substitute cameo against tiring Norwegian part timers for 10 minutes and a couple of halves v Malaysian pig farmers, every player on the field was awful v Galatasary , Ngog scored 4 preseason goals. Maxi got 3, Carroll got 2, Agger got 2, even Coady and Poulsen got goals, now you tell me how that makes him our best preseason performer over all these players

However, he was clearly been turned on for who he wasn't, as opposed to who he was.

The problem is that none of us know much at all about AA in a LFC shirt.

When Rafa bought him it was a reckless gamble.I was in Italy on business when we did the deal, the Italians thought we were mad.

He joined us in the dark days of a club ownership melting down, and Rafa distracted. I judge no player in those circumstances. He must have been staggered and appalled by what was swirling around him.

Now he is a mistake that no-one is around to take responsibility for, a theme I think we will see reprised in the future.

He pretty much symbolises how any manager, unchecked, can leave a problem that festers for years.

My own view is that AA is a stylish international class midfielder who in normal times should have graced Anfield - if fit. However the deal was set up poorly. It should have been a loan, or pay as you play deal, or nothing.

Unfortunately the structure which allowed this is unchanged, with just different names in the seats.

He doesn’t want to be here because no one has given him any type of a proper chance.

Towards the end of that first year when he was starting to get games didn't he pull himself out of the gameday lineup twice for being sick as well take a couple weeks off training with an injury that the physio couldn't pin down?