You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aquilani. Cheeky cunt

Marko121

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“We have already had a meeting with Liverpool, but nothing came out of it. We’re for waiting Liverpool to respond,” agent Zavaglia told Ilsussidiario.net. “I don’t know if Aquilani wants to stay at Milan. We’re waiting for Liverpool. We might hear from them later this week. What we asked them? We’ll keep that to ourselves.

“In any case, there’s absolutely no chance that Aquilani will be released for free. The offer needed to sign him? I don’t know. We’ll see what happens.”

I would rather we play him seeing as he is comfortably our best midfielder behind Lucas and Gerrard. And if we play him we'll either get his value up to a decent level or we keep him and he'll improve the team from last season.

Is that from the same interview that the OP is talking about?

Where's the bit about him wanting to cancel his contract?

Mind you, it is Sky claiming something that an agent has said.

Need to hurry up and sort it out one way or another.

The only racist comment I have ever come to agree with to any degree was said by my sadly departed Grandad after he came back from WW2. "NEVER trust an Itie!"

I'm sure there is a sound one somewhere but in all my days I'm yet to meet him, where as I have plenty of storys about ones I've met who were completely and utter stains.

Actually I tell a lie, I've met one from near Napoli and he's a gent. Exception to the rule perhaps.

This is how it should happen...

Ian Ayre.."Right you boss eyed fucking Wop, this is what is going to happen. You hand in a transfer request. Milan pay what they agreed to pay. You then fuck off as far away from here as possible without a penny as a severance present from us. Got that? Good".

What probably will happen....

Ian Ayre..."Hello is that Milan? tell you what, you can have Aquilani for 2m and we will pay up his contract. Only if that is OK with you though. What's that you say? Free transfer and we pay up his contract? Ok then".

So there's absolutely no evidence this has been said, all other reports from the same interview say nothing of the sort, yet he's still a cheeky fucking cunt?

He doesn't want to be here, I think that's fairly clear. I'd much rather be in Italy if I had the choice. Don't think there's any need for the abuse.

You'd think we'd manage to get even a £1m bid for him if that was the case. Very strange story this.

Personally if I was a manager looking at Aquilani I would wait till August or so until our management yet again panic and shit themselves at the prospect of keeping a player they don't want on high wages and accept a season long loan with only an optional buy clause.

Its basically an year of try before you buy.

"@Paolo_Bandini: Corriere dello Sport report Alberto Aquilani has had his contract at #lfc terminated. They expect him to sign as free agent for #AcMilan"

"@Paolo_Bandini: Remarkably, Corriere dello Sport report would have it that Aquilani is hoping to get EUR4m pay-off - as would be big wages saving for #lfc"

"@Paolo_Bandini: Corriere dello Sport report Alberto Aquilani has had his contract at #lfc terminated. They expect him to sign as free agent for #AcMilan"

"@Paolo_Bandini: Remarkably, Corriere dello Sport report would have it that Aquilani is hoping to get EUR4m pay-off - as would be big wages saving for #lfc"

Jesus Christ, we are clueless.

Fucking hell, you have to laugh really.

Good. Hopefully now everyone can see that he just has absolutely no interest in being here, so stop speculating about whether he's better than Charlie Adam or not or whatever.

He can go fuck himself about leaving for free, mind.

I've got to ask - what does his apparent lack of enthusiasm about being here have to do with his skill level when compared to Charlie Adam?

He doesn't want to be here.

Can anyone blame him? I can't think of a player in our recent history who has been as badly treated by the club as Aquilani. Sending him out on loan last year after he was comfortably the best player in pre-season would likely have been the last straw.

I feel sorry for him. Sort of. This move defines his career.

We offered a silly fee for him when he was broken. His club excepted it. He came here played ok certainly not Poulsen shit. Didn't settle didn't fit so got loaned out. Understandably he does not want to come back.

I'd have a problem if he was happy to sit in the stands picking up a wage. He wants to play football in Italy.

Well I've learned something new today thanks to this thread and Google, bosseyedness is actually a real thing. I'd genuinely thought it was just something The IT Crowd had made up until now.

On a less happy note, fucking takes the piss if that's true, that we've let him go to Milan for free AND paid up his contract. Letting him leave on a straight free transfer to get his wages off the books fair enough, but if we are going to pay him anything at least try and get some football out of the cunt (sort of a backhanded compliment since he can actually play, unlike Degen, Poulsen who I was just glad to see the back of regardless)

Also, if true, is Rodgers back off his reported holiday? (or was that bollocks?) - if it's happened I'd hope at least that it's with his 100% sanctioning rather than our MD playing football manager again.

I've got to ask - what does his apparent lack of enthusiasm about being here have to do with his skill level when compared to Charlie Adam?

Nothing, really. But some have said he's a better player than x, y or z currently plying his trade in our squad. Ability wise he may be, or may not be, but it's a moot point. He doesn't want to be here so he's no longer an option so hopefully this closes a rather tired debate.

He's been a disastrous signing.

Can anyone blame him? I can't think of a player in our recent history who has been as badly treated by the club as Aquilani. Sending him out on loan last year after he was comfortably the best player in pre-season would likely have been the last straw.

You are assuming it was against his wishes - I have a feeling he has been very happy with the way things have worked out - with the glaring exception of missing out on the title in both directions the last two years.