You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glasgow Rangers go in to liquidation

Megadrive Man

Guest ShoePiss

Celtic fans can fuck off, every time shitty Rangers get mentioned these cunts are on it explaining how much worse Rangers fans are.

Fuck off you horrible English hating cunts. Get to fuck.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are an inept organisation that will hammer the common individual like you and me but cosy up to big business (Vodaphone) and allow technically legal but immoral practices for the wealthy and famous (Jimmy Carr).

I think that you would like Greece.

Most scousers I've met haven't a lot of time for England either.

Actually in fairness most people I've met other than the English haven't a lot of time for England rightly or wrongly ya can't really hold that against Celtic fans.

Guest ShoePiss

Actually in fairness most people I've met other than the English haven't a lot of time for England rightly or wrongly ya can't really hold that against Celtic fans.

I'm Scouse and English thanks. I will hold it against them and any other cunt that professes to support Liverpool but hates the English

Get to fuck you hypocritical cunts. Support a none English team if you hate the English.

Link? Just curious as they have had 2 disasters themselves.... or is it just made up?

Most of the bile I hear is on My Football Forum. Let you check it out for yourself if you want, if not .. Up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The pubs were packed, and the streets were empty, in the City for all the England games.

It's our country, the team had a good Club presence, and our capatain was captaining England - we back our own.

Guest ShoePiss
The pubs were packed, and the streets were empty, in the City for all the England games.

It's our country, the team had a good Club presence, and our capatain was captaining England - we back our own.

Sort out the quoting please, I didn't say that.

There are some amazing views on this thread. Really quite amazing. Have any of you ever tried to just have a cordial conversation without resulting to childish name calling? Would any of you act like this in a pub as opposed to hiding behind your computers? Grow up for fucks sake, you all sound pathetic.

Guest ShoePiss
There are some amazing views on this thread. Really quite amazing. Have any of you ever tried to just have a cordial conversation without resulting to childish name calling? Would any of you act like this in a pub as opposed to hiding behind your computers? Grow up for fucks sake, you all sound pathetic.

All? Nah my post is spot on.

Hmmmm.

Im unsurprised to see how this thread has gone. I only stopped by to see what the news is on this situation. I'll be fucked if im reading anything beyond this page.

We should just start a fight thread and let rip in there. No holds barred.

Not sent by my iphone because i don't have one, as i think they are quite shit

On talk sport today that 6 of the spl clubs are saying no to newco joining the spl.

it's good that some of them have asked the fans for their opinion as well. i think motherwell are actually having a supporters club ballot. if only more clubs gave a fuck about their own supporters opinions.

The situation becomes more extraordinary by the day.

Firstly it appears that Rangers will not command sufficient votes to return to the SPL

Secondly it appears that there is doubt about the status of season ticket monies.

Thirdly it appears that Rangers may have no league to play in whatsoever, and might end up as an Ibrox/ harlem Globetrotters act next season!

Rapid Vienna report Rangers to Fifa over Nikica Jelavic debt - Telegraph

Rangers in crisis: Lloyds Bank raises concerns over plans for former club to collect season ticket money - Telegraph

Rangers in crisis: 'Ibrox Globetrotters’ is real prospect - Telegraph

That last piece sounds like a threat to the league.

Either that or they are hoping that if they sit out of competitive games for one year the other clubs will be shitting themselves at the loss of revenue and might let them come back in one year instead of having to get promotion.

The situation becomes more extraordinary by the day.

Firstly it appears that Rangers will not command sufficient votes to return to the SPL

Secondly it appears that there is doubt about the status of season ticket monies.

Thirdly it appears that Rangers may have no league to play in whatsoever, and might end up as an Ibrox/ harlem Globetrotters act next season!

What a ridiculous idea! What does this even mean? Playing friendlies all season? And who would even play for them?

The Scottish football authorities are making a bit of a pigs ear of this. By not making a strong, no doubt unpopular, decision by stating that Glasgow Rangers no longer exist to all intents and purposes and that any potential new club/company whatever can apply to join the SFL.

Of course the whole situation has been clouded by money and greed.

On talk sport today that 6 of the spl clubs are saying no to newco joining the spl.

it's good that some of them have asked the fans for their opinion as well. i think motherwell are actually having a supporters club ballot. if only more clubs gave a fuck about their own supporters opinions.

It is good... although I'm a bit cynical of how genuine that is. I think some clubs would have chosen to keep Rangers out anyway - for purely financial reasons (although the pros and cons of that deserve a thread of their own!)

The fans are simply in 'anti Rangers' mode and with due cause to be fair. Many 'seem' to like the idea of breaking the 2 team dominance, which they hope might give the others more of a chance and in the long term balance things out (although accepting it's Celtic's title for the next 5 years).

Fans have been threatening not to renew their season tickets if Rangers get back in (how credible a threat that is, is anybody's guess).

To my mind the clubs are thinking "the whole thing is fucked up anyway, and we're hardly making money, AND we win sod all anyway - so let's use this as a catalyst for a shake up"

They might just improve the SPL in the long run, or it might be the start of its death. Interesting times....

What a ridiculous idea! What does this even mean? Playing friendlies all season? And who would even play for them?

The Scottish football authorities are making a bit of a pigs ear of this. By not making a strong, no doubt unpopular, decision by stating that Glasgow Rangers no longer exist to all intents and purposes and that any potential new club/company whatever can apply to join the SFL.

Of course the whole situation has been clouded by money and greed.

Trouble is, they are legally bound to treat it as a NewCo... the rest of the world will know it's Rangers Mk II, but as far as the law goes, it's a brand new venture.

As part of the SPL's rules - there was provision for Rangers MK I to hand over to Rangers MK II, as long as other clubs agreed (which now appears unlikely), so now, Rangers MK II have to go through the same process as any other pub team - with the distinct advantage that such a new club is already more credible / viable (than a pub team) because it's inherited a stadium, brand, and fan base - meaning it's always going to win in any head to head battle of otherwise 'equal' NewCo's.

If there's any favouritism above and beyond the merits of the ground and fan base etc, then that would open up another set of problems for whichever club 'lost out' to Rangers - which could result in yet more legal problems, but for the SFA this time.

Rangers doesn't exist anymore. It's dead. What we now have (effectively) is:

A pub team made up of former pros.

A stadium that the pub team have bought between them, which they may not be able to keep running.

50,000 fans with no club to support, who prefer to see the new pub team as some phoenix from the ashes.

This sort of scenario was almost certainly never envisaged when they set out the rules and procedures. There are still clear rules that cover the situation - just that they didn't imaging such an unlikely context.

A bit like what would happen if EVERY game in the league was a 0-0 draw - it'd fuck up the entire rule book... who'd get CL? who'd be relegated? etc

Yes I agree with all that Fanchester.

What I'm trying to get around is is Rangers liquidated or not? If they are then surely the assets (stadium etc) should be sold off to pay creditors and the players are all released as free agents.

I just feel that decisions are being clouded,fudged because its arguably the biggest club in Scotland involved (don't know who's 'bigger' Rangers or Celtic, don't care so don't want to get into a debate about it).

The rules are there for all clubs and apply equally to them. Would this situation be going on if it was Cally Thistle or a club like that? No.

I think a compromise of going into 1st division is most likely. They surely can't stay in premier division and are too big to parachute into 3rd division.

Yes I agree with all that Fanchester.

What I'm trying to get around is is Rangers liquidated or not? If they are then surely the assets (stadium etc) should be sold off to pay creditors and the players are all released as free agents.

I just feel that decisions are being clouded,fudged because its arguably the biggest club in Scotland involved (don't know who's 'bigger' Rangers or Celtic, don't care so don't want to get into a debate about it).

The rules are there for all clubs and apply equally to them. Would this situation be going on if it was Cally Thistle or a club like that? No.

I think a compromise of going into 1st division is most likely. They surely can't stay in premier division and are too big to parachute into 3rd division.

I thought they'd already been liquidated and bought... lock stock and barrel (including stadium).

I could be wrong on that, or that certain 'parts' of the club remain unsold... but I thought it had all gone.

Again, I'm just speculating here, but I think the stadium is part of the 'deal'...

I suppose a property developer could have come along and said "5 million for the stadium" then knock it down and build on it - but perhaps that's not viable (not enough space for enough houses, and no Tesco type firm interested, plus the aggro if someone actually did that!)... so then you're left with "who is prepared to buy the ground - and take on all the upkeep and running costs etc?"... suddenly 5 million's quite a lot!

It's a bit like those amazing 'deals' where a guy buys a complete site for £1.00 etc.... they're taking on more than meets the eye.

That's my understanding of it - but nobody's actually explained it well... all we hear is someone's bought 'something' and now it's a 'newco' - so I assume they've bought a bunch of intellectual property / branding / image rights, taken on responsibility for the employees, and some 'tangible assets'.... which MUST include the ground, surely?