You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glasgow Rangers go in to liquidation

Megadrive Man

I truthfully believe that the mancs are far more hate filled and have much more bile to spew than Liverpool fans,but yet loads of neutral fans will say their as bad as each other every team has a bad element.Thats a load of shite.

Rangers and i actually mean the club and the people involved down the years and their fans are the most hate filled bunch of bastards that ever graced football to lump them in with Celtic is stupid.

Ask Norwich fans about Celtic and their fans after their recent friendly,whom have asked the club to strike up an official partnership friendly thing.The police also praised the fans after they were attacked by EDL and how they behaved.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truthfully believe that the mancs are far more hate filled and have much more bile to spew than Liverpool fans,but yet loads of neutral fans will say their as bad as each other every team has a bad element.Thats a load of shite.

Rangers and i actually mean the club and the people involved down the years and their fans are the most hate filled bunch of bastards that ever graced football to lump them in with Celtic is stupid.

Ask Norwich fans about Celtic and their fans after their recent friendly,whom have asked the club to strike up an official partnership friendly thing.The police also praised the fans after they were attacked by EDL and how they behaved.

428px-PosterBullshitMan2.jpg

heres another one for yeah

Now Celtic Fans Shame Scotland: It’s Not an Old Firm Minority « Freedom from the Mundane

Rangers are are a horrible club with horrible fans. Any comparison with Celtic is ludicrous. They have the rebel element, but no different then the likes of Chelsea&Birmingham supporting the UVF/UDA in league with Rangers. Not to mention the atriosties of the British Army over the years and the subsequent poppy parade.

The Army?! The Poppy?! Ah yes, those nasty Brits stopped them lovely Nazi people and therefore praising Irish terrorists (who killed more Irish folks than Brits & more Catholics than Protestants) is a-OK.

Guest San Don
Rangers are are a horrible club with horrible fans. Any comparison with Celtic is ludicrous. They have the rebel element, but no different then the likes of Chelsea&Birmingham supporting the UVF/UDA in league with Rangers. Not to mention the atriosties of the British Army over the years and the subsequent poppy parade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bang!

Guest San Don
These are the currrent rules relating to relocation:

The rule relating to Clubs moving their ground were strengthened , post MK Dons,to include a list of criteria that the League's Board must be satisfied with before it would grant consent

The new rule states that the Board must be satisfied that the granting of permission:

a) Would be consistent with the objects of The League as set out in the Memorandum of Association

b) Would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its ground

c) Would not adversely affect such Club's Officials, players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest in its activities

d) Would not have an adverse effect on visiting Clubs;

e) Would not adversely affect Clubs having their registered ground in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location

f) Would enhance the reputation of The League and promote the game of association football generally

But you agree its feasibly, yes?

The Army?! The Poppy?! Ah yes, those nasty Brits stopped them lovely Nazi people and therefore praising Irish terrorists (who killed more Irish folks than Brits & more Catholics than Protestants) is a-OK.

Misty eyed history books. Have a deeper look.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Guest ShoePiss

Surprised at the lack of sympathy towards the Rangers fans, we were so close to experiencing what they are now. It's fucking terrible.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm full of empathy for them, i think its a joke that the suits will get away with it whilst fellow people who love the game will suffer cos their club is punished

Yeah well after scanning this thread there just seems to be a lot of 'fuck them and their fans'.

Surprised at the lack of sympathy towards the Rangers fans, we were so close to experiencing what they are now. It's fucking terrible.

Its a myth that we where nearly a "rangers". Our situation would have been no worse than Leeds, god forbid but if it had happened we still had plenty of means for raising cash (Torres, Reina, Lucas, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Gerrard, Kuyt, Merieles), thats £150m even at fire sale prices. Rangers have no assets and no idea of the debts they owe. They are an exceptional case, a club that prides its self on arrogance, its hard to know what the fans could have done, if anything at all but some quotes like "for every £5 pound Celtic spend we'll spend £10" should have sent alarm bells ringing. The signing of players like Gazza, Laudrup, De Boer, Flo etc were not compatible with the SPL, even the dumbest of fans must have own that shit wasn't sustainable.

If they try and pull a stunt like the Bury one mentioned yesterday then they could find themselves without a league to compete in. Now maybe the time for Rangers fans to form a new club, fuck the money men, starting from scratch may take 10 years longer but the suffering would be worth it the end with a side playing in Europe wholly owned by fans. If it's possible anywhere its possible in Scotland.

Guest ShoePiss
Its a myth that we where nearly a "rangers". Our situation would have been no worse than Leeds, god forbid but if it had happened we still had plenty of means for raising cash (Torres, Reina, Lucas, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Gerrard, Kuyt, Merieles), thats £150m even at fire sale prices. Rangers have no assets and no idea of the debts they owe. They are an exceptional case, a club that prides its self on arrogance, its hard to know what the fans could have done, if anything at all but some quotes like "for every £5 pound Celtic spend we'll spend £10" should have sent alarm bells ringing. The signing of players like Gazza, Laudrup, De Boer, Flo etc were not compatible with the SPL, even the dumbest of fans must have own that shit wasn't sustainable.

If they try and pull a stunt like the Bury one mentioned yesterday then they could find themselves without a league to compete in. Now maybe the time for Rangers fans to form a new club, fuck the money men, starting from scratch may take 10 years longer but the suffering would be worth it the end with a side playing in Europe wholly owned by fans. If it's possible anywhere its possible in Scotland.

It doesnt matter that the situations were not exactly the same, my point is that we were very close to being ruined due to unscrupulous owners, the same can be said of Rangers. I feel bad for the fans and I'm surprised that people here will let reasons outside of being a passionate football fan influence their judgement here.

It doesnt matter that the situations were not exactly the same, my point is that we were very close to being ruined due to unscrupulous owners, the same can be said of Rangers. I feel bad for the fans and I'm surprised that people here will let reasons outside of being a passionate football fan influence their judgement here.

It seems Rangers football club and their supporters have quite an ability to get on people nerves. A few years ago I was on holidays in the Algarve, the missus was getting ready up stairs and I was watching Man Utd in the CL, I wasn't particularly interested in the game but 6 rangers fans in their late 50's came into the room and changed the station without even an acknowledgment of my existence, I sat there praying the cunts would lose, they actually won away form home for the first time ever in the CL if I recall correctly, which pissed me off even more. I also met Walter Smith once and he was a class A prick. My point is football needs a big club to fail for the sake of getting the game in order, if I had a choose a club I'd pick Rangers.

Guest ShoePiss
It seems Rangers football club and their supporters have quite an ability to get on people nerves. A few years ago I was on holidays in the Algarve, the missus was getting ready up stairs and I was watching Man Utd in the CL, I wasn't particularly interested in the game but 6 rangers fans in their late 50's came into the room and changed the station without even an acknowledgment of my existence, I sat there praying the cunts would lose, they actually won away form home for the first time ever in the CL if I recall correctly, which pissed me off even more. I also met Walter Smith once and he was a class A prick. My point is football needs a big club to fail for the sake of getting the game in order, if I had a choose a club I'd pick Rangers.

Oh right.

I think its very naive to think we werent that close. We were an hour away from Administration. Anything could have happened.

People seem to forget that Mill Financial were trying to buyout Hicks and if that had of happened it would have been the end.

I don't think Rangers fans have a monopoly on being annoying ! Celtic fans are up there with them. Mention European Cups to Celtic fans and somebody in the company will always say 'we were the first British team to win it with all our players born within 30 miles of Glasgow and we changed the way football was played in Europe by defeating Italian catenacchio'. It's drummed in from an early age.

Rangers fans perspective on what they want depends on their age. Older Rangers fans think they should take their punishment and if that means 3rd division football so be it. Younger fans want to get into the English Premier - cue debate that within 2-3 years they would compete at the top end !! Yawn yawn cos it ain't going to happen.

Hibs fans I know have calculated that 2 home games against Rangers recoup about £300,000 in ticket sales - i.e affordable losses cos they get reasonable crowds and a price worth paying ! It is the likes of ST Mirren, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc who would really miss the cash generated by home games against Rangers cos they get poor gates.

Worth looking at the story of Belfast Celtic disbanding and the impact that had on Linfield and their attendances.

My point is football needs a big club to fail for the sake of getting the game in order, if I had a choose a club I'd pick Rangers.

Seriously?

More so than Everton or the Mancs or Chelsea or any of the other classless showers we have sawrming around English football?

I do agree thought that we need a big, big club to go to the wall to have any CHANCE of something being done about football and its finances. I am not sure that Rangers going to the wall will actually do that for the purposes of the English game. The fact that that was nearly us makes me sympathetic to the plight of Rangers fans.

What does need to change regardless - and here Rangers fans are as guilty as any - is the fans' passive acceptance of just about anything that goes on within their clubs. Murray, followed by Whyte, followed by Green at Rangers...each one more dodgy than the next. Leeds fans justn sat by as the club sank, we woke up just before it was too late.

I think if one lesson can be drawn from the last few years is that you should never trust - as a matter of course - those that run any club. Scepticism is always asked for.

What football fan would have questioned their owner if they'd won 9 titles in a row and european cup football every season, as was the case with Rangers under murray ? If your team is winning all the time, getting big wads of cash from the champions league you would presume things like finance would be fine.

Rangers no chance of SPL football. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen already said they'll vote against Newco rangers getting in. Dundee United have said today they'll vote against them getting in. Only 5 out of the 12 clubs need to vote against them which leaves Celtic ! There is no way they'll vote to admit them even if they wanted to.

Guest San Don

Actually, you are wrong. We very clearly close to being put into administration although the reasons for getting there would have been different.

But, the end result would have been the same and, we wouldnt have got anything like the fees you mention for the players because there would have been a fire sale at best or, the players able to terminate their contracts and walk for nothing at worst.

What hacks me off about these situations is, it is always the 'club' and fans left with the consequences. The directors or owners get off virtually scot free. Whyte may end up getting barred from football, big deal. Im sure he'll live without it.

Look at ridsdale, how many clubs has he been involved wth since he lead leeds into the shit?

People seem to have a problem with murray saying he'd spend double what celtic did. So fucking what, that's the way the world turns.

As for the EBT loans business, plenty of businesses use them. HMRC are slack closing them down so its HMRC who should be taking the flack here.