You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glasgow Rangers go in to liquidation

Megadrive Man

What part of a Scottish based club only being allowed to compete IN SCOTLAND do you not understand? Current UEFA rules only allow a club to compete in a league in the country in which they are.

As to why the Scottish League would not accept a new Rangers. Why would they not? Technically it would be a new club, but comes with a massive infrastructure and fanbase. They would be foolish to throw away all the money that would still be generated.

If you don't agree with my point, at least try and debate it and stick your cheap negs with gibberish comments where the sun doesn't shine.

Any club can apply to play in any countries league they want. That dosent mean they will be allowed to play in it,but there is no exact ruling that says you have to play in the league of your country. Conditions for competing in a "foreign" league, as well as in a continental/confederational competition, are set case-by-case by FIFA as well as the respective confederation and national football associations involved.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
What part of a Scottish based club only being allowed to compete IN SCOTLAND do you not understand? Current UEFA rules only allow a club to compete in a league in the country in which they are.

As to why the Scottish League would not accept a new Rangers. Why would they not? Technically it would be a new club, but comes with a massive infrastructure and fanbase. They would be foolish to throw away all the money that would still be generated.

If you don't agree with my point, at least try and debate it and stick your cheap negs with gibberish comments where the sun doesn't shine.

The bitch doth protest too much :P

Your mind appears closed to the premise that new Rangers could apply to play in another league. What part of that dont you understand instead of bitching like a little bitch?

Guest San Don
Any club can apply to play in any countries league they want. That dosent mean they will be allowed to play in it,but there is no exact ruling that says you have to play in the league of your country. Conditions for competing in a "foreign" league, as well as in a continental/confederational competition, are set case-by-case by FIFA as well as the respective confederation and national football associations involved.

She has a hard time understanding this but spot on. Have some rep.

Like Cardiff and Swansea ?

Look, all I'm saying is that under current "thinking", the chances of a New Rangers being allowed to join a league outside Scotland are 0%. They can apply all they like.

All the other examples of clubs outside their National Association are allowed either because they are very low standard/profile or historical precedent (they'd been there before UEFA so where allowed to stay).

This is Rangers we are talking about. I'm assuming they will keep their current infrastructure/stadium and supporters.

Only 2 options imo, either the SPL admit them back in or they join the lower levels of Scottish Football League.

We all friends now? Right what are you drinking? It's my round :party:

Rangers or Celtic will never play in the EPL. The Police would never allow it, remember Rangers fans in Manchester 2/3 years ago - imagine that every week. no chance.

I see a businessman Jim mcColl has brought Walter Smith on board with him trying to buy Rangers off Green for £6million. Green has just bought them for £5.5m. What the fuck has McColl being doing for months, then when all the media work, paperwork, liquidation is taken care of, he wants to buy them and thinks by putting Smith as the face of his campaign?? If Green does not sell they are trying to persuade all fans to abandon games/ not renew season tickets

Seriously, this pantomine is insane.

If I was a Gers fan I'd wonder why it took Smith et al so long to bid too?

If everton ever folded i'd laugh my tits off but i'd prefer it to be on the pitch, relegations then just languish rather than fold because some fucking suits were on the fiddle

its a joke

they are a fucking horrible club with horrible fans anyway. they kick off everywhere they go. 20 years of titles tarnished. quite simply, fuck them. bigoted cunts. (although i'm not saying celtic dont have a bigoted element, they just dont go round smashing the fuck out of everything and everyone constantly) and they are nowhere near as ugly.

football1505_468x248.jpgSeville_celtic_fans.jpg

they are a fucking horrible club with horrible fans anyway. they kick off everywhere they go. 20 years of titles tarnished. quite simply, fuck them. bigoted cunts. (although i'm not saying celtic dont have a bigoted element, they just dont go round smashing the fuck out of everything and everyone constantly) and they are nowhere near as ugly.

They're the two sides of the same coin.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDRqThC4_xt37MmtD3Xt7DIxTwZBaaiFO9_3UH8z4FOfv0Ch74rQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS45TGTMG5-wKGR-Wz5mOUqeShS1jFaCIhE6xVcbYqLLOCAkx5PCQ

Most Celtic fans dont actually want them to go bust or be relegated. it's fun to see them suffer but without them the spl is fucked and Celtic know it.

someone up there will be thinking 'hang on a fecking minute wee man' and it will get sorted. Either as a new company or they will manage to sort it out.

what they did is wrong and 20 years of titles are tarnished.

doubt the sfa would allow them to play teams like cowdenbeath and peterhead week in week out with the following they have.

still believe that if both teams came to the epl then within 5 years one of if not both would occupy the top 4 spots.

Based on what exactly?

The most likely outcome remains that Rangers are expelled, then the newco admitted, to the SPL, with revised rules to ensure that firstly the original transgressions can't happen again, and secondly that if they did, the punishment would be more serious.

The financial damage to the SPL with no Rangers in it, would be greater than the humiliation of the above scenario.

And so Scottish football continues its decline to Welsh League, Northern ireland league status.In England, there is a Pl and Fl system in place whereby tax and Ni deducted at source by football clubs that has not been paid to HMRC after a quarter, is flagged up to the Leagues. That did not happen in Scotland.

The tax fraud though is as nothing compared to the offshore illegal payments made to players AND officials where the liabilities sit at around £75m and individuals are likley to go to gaol.

Wasnt that long ago lads:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzRxyU8o7rFuOV3MRc_GCP8dHWu0GVmOm2NGlBv2fneR1dBSPqYGwy6_T5pA

Sympathy for Rangers even if their fans are a bunch of hooligans.

There are some fans who dont deserve this; I am just glad my club is not to suffer the same fate as Rangers. Rather carry on playing football than no football at all.

Did Celtic ever have a policy of not wanting players of a certain religion playing for their club?

If you know yer history!

Celtic Memorabilia - History of Celtic FC Crest

When Stein stepped down in 1978 he was offered the job of managing the Celtic Pools rather than a seat on the board and as a result, he resigned. The decision not to offer him a more significant post appears to be because Stein was a protestant. At this stage, although Celtic continued to employ players of all faiths, senior management positions were exclusively held by Catholics.

Did Celtic ever have a policy of not wanting players of a certain religion playing for their club?

Officially, probably not. However I don't believe that creating a playing meritocracy means they were worthy of praise, when most other clubs in Scotland (and the wider game) did exactly the same thing. As a club they have not moved against elements within them who have actively supported terrorism... providing a veil of approval to such support. They're no better / worse than Glasgow Rangers.

How would we all be better?

I dont support either of them, so I couldnt give a flying fuck if either of them went under.

Well, for one, you might not have to read threads like this, so could concentrate on other, value-adding, aspects of life. Time is money after all.

Yeah and they financed murder on a mass scale through the 70's and 80's, just like your beloved Celtic.

They just constantly sing about the IRA which, of course, is much better.

I really do hate this OF atitude of 'we're not as bad as they are'.

Celtic are as bad as Rangers when it comes to their 'herritage' but they hide behind their 'we're just a bunch of jolly Irish men having a laugh and a sing-song' bollocks.

I remember the naked hatred we faced going up there for the Uefa Cup tie in 97(?), the enormous number of knobheads all over the Kop for the tie in 2003 some of whom took exception to Liverpool fans not 'enjoying' their celebrations when they scored, or the Irish 'folk' songs being sung in the pubs and in town aftr the game, only to play the victim and defending 'free speech' when the police moved in on a few of them in Concert Square.

Fuck the lot of them.