You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Phone contract upgrades. How desperate are they to give you a deal?

My contacts up next month and I've had enough of blackberry. Costs me about 25 quid a month. Had a call today and told the bloke I would stay with o2 if they sent me an iphone 4s he said they couldn't do it for less than £35. I told him I will be fucking them off. Ok he says and that was it.

I was under the impression that they are desperate to keep customers and would pretty much give you any handset you want to keep your business.

I will prob ask for my pac code and see if that makes them move but does anyone have any experience of screwing these people over?

guess it depends on your usage and how much money they are making from you, so he offered you the phone free @ 35 quid per month? 2 year contract was it?

I went into 02 yesterday as I have another line with them that my mrs uses, she has the i phone 3, the very first one so its well over due for upgrade, I told her I wanted the i phone 4 s and she started quoting daft prices at me for the handset anything from 149 - 349, said to her its not on etc and I wanted it free at around same plan she is on at the moment, circa 30 quid per month, she said there was nothing she could do for me, short conversation in the end so will look elsewhere.

guess it depends on your usage and how much money they are making from you, so he offered you the phone free @ 35 quid per month? 2 year contract was it?

I went into 02 yesterday as I have another line with them that my mrs uses, she has the i phone 3, the very first one so its well over due for upgrade, I told her I wanted the i phone 4 s and she started quoting daft prices at me for the handset anything from 149 - 349, said to her its not on etc and I wanted it free at around same plan she is on at the moment, circa 30 quid per month, she said there was nothing she could do for me, short conversation in the end so will look elsewhere.

Sounds like the same conversation I had. I honestly could not give a toss about my phone. I hate them. I do however love my ipod but it is a pain in the arse taking a ipod and a phone on a run or a cycle (I am addicted to nikeplus)

Nikeplus is only available as an apple app. I laugh when they offer me 500 texts per month. I have never sent 500 texts in my life.

Looks like I will just take a sim only deal and save a tenner.

I work for o2 don't hold it against me though and it's best if you phone up and make sure you say you want to speak to retentions and that your thinking about leaving (that's where you will get your PAC code),now it's key to speak to retentions as these guys have the power to add these discounts I see on customers accounts that are very good.

There's no way you will be able to get a tariff with the iPhone 4 s at the price your looking at but with these discounts that retentions can offer its possible to get a cracking deal.

Go through with the PAC code if you have to as it expires in 30 days anyway so if you dont give it to another company nothing happens.

It's a good idea to go with the iPhone as its the phone we get the least shit with by a considerable distance, even check out the iPhone 4 I've had both and there's little difference and you might get a better deal

Just be sound with the guy you get through to in retentions and if you get the right one you'll should get a decent deal mate.

The iPhone 4S 16gb costs £500 so you're not gonna get it free even at £30 per month as the network would make hardly any money out of you - 24 x £30 = £720 and you'd be getting something like 300 minutes, unlimited text and 500mb of data for that. I'm happy to pay towards the cost of an iPhone because I know it's a quality product that does everything I need a phone to do.

You might get a bit of a cheaper deal if you switch to 3, but I'd be careful with that as their coverage isn't as good as O2's and their customer service is award winningly bad. O2 and Vodafone have just signed an agreement to share cellsites too which means they will both have 98% UK indoor and outdoor 3G coverage and have committed to have 4g ready to roll for 2015, two years ahead of government target.

My contacts up next month and I've had enough of blackberry. Costs me about 25 quid a month. Had a call today and told the bloke I would stay with o2 if they sent me an iphone 4s he said they couldn't do it for less than £35. I told him I will be fucking them off. Ok he says and that was it.

I was under the impression that they are desperate to keep customers and would pretty much give you any handset you want to keep your business.

I will prob ask for my pac code and see if that makes them move but does anyone have any experience of screwing these people over?

Was given a tip by retentions in O2 back in December. When renewing sign up for 2 years and add all the bolt ons on,... and they will reduce the price of your phone, after one month you are able to adjust your tariff to one that is more to your liking / needs by removing the bolt ons. I saved about £100 on the cost of my handset (was the 4 not the 4s though) doing this, and then reduced my tariff by £10 a month removing tariffs.

Good Luck

I want the S3 but I've been offered an iPhone 4s with 120 cashback for my old phone that will pay off my orange contract.

Tempted to take it but I'll probably wait the next 2 months out and get my S3 on a 24 month contract with 2000 minues and unlimited data for 34 quid a month with the free handset.

Do not go with 3,I'm stuck with the them for another 8 months or so.They are extremely poor for coverage.I can't get anymore than 1 bar of reception indoors and only 2 outside.I love in Watford so I'm not in the middle of nowhere.

My ma went to 02 yesterday to upgrade and told her to pay £99 for a 4S and minimum £41 a month contract. Best they could do they said. I told her to pop round to Phones4U and they gave her the SMS handset for free and a better contract for £36 a month. On 02. Joke.

Always worth seeing what's going on hotukdeals and getting some advice from moneysavingexpert. My contract has recently ended so I too have gone over to giff gaff as I am happy with my handset - Samsung S2. It's definitely paying off going for an expensive 12 month contract as now I still have a relatively new handset on a low monthly tariff. Think I paid £90 upfront plus 12 x £35 which = £510 total and about a year ago they weren't far off that to buy them outright so I got the minutes for free and to pay it off monthly. I got the deal from dial-a-phone I think, on Vodafone.

Thanks for the advice chaps. I found a deal for £26 100 mins 500 texts 250mb (which would do me fine) from some web site through Vodaphone £59 upfront for the 4s.

Phoned up o2 told them is and said unfortunately I would need my pac code. I was nice as pie and got a really nice woman who said they would do that for me and give me the phone for free. I am apparently a few weeks too early and need to phone back in a while and get it sorted.

Thanks for the advice chaps. I found a deal for £26 100 mins 500 texts 250mb (which would do me fine) from some web site through Vodaphone £59 upfront for the 4s.

Phoned up o2 told them is and said unfortunately I would need my pac code. I was nice as pie and got a really nice woman who said they would do that for me and give me the phone for free. I am apparently a few weeks too early and need to phone back in a while and get it sorted.

that sounds like a good deal, can you PM me the link? so to confirm 02 offered to match that deal you got with Vodafone?

that sounds like a good deal, can you PM me the link? so to confirm 02 offered to match that deal you got with Vodafone?

They never offered to match it exactly but said they will be able to something very similiar such as give me a few free months line rental to net the cost down. I should have mentioned that this is a business account and I have two other phones with them.

Here's the 26 quid contract anyway

Apple iPhone 4S 16GB Black - Great Mobile Phone Deals on Vodafone

Can this Giff Gaff sim just be put straight into contract phones or do you need a pac code first?
As long as the phone is unlocked or on o2 yeah. The PAC code is only required if you want to keep your number. Let me know your email and if you do go for giff gaff we both get a fiver credit if you go via my link...

• 2 weeks later...
For the price you may as well go with the "total 41" that T Mobile offer which gives you unlimited calls, texts and internet data (including tethering if you so needed).

she does not use the phone for calls, in fact she hates speaking on the phone (I still find this very odd) so just texts and internet but mostly uses the phone @ home anyway on our wifi so 750mb should be ok for her, the other plans for free 4s are around 36 per month so thought this looked ok. Re tethering, is this using laptop via phone, not sure when she would ever use that facility to be honest