You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EURO 2012

sir roger

It was over the line!

So what the fuck are the extra officials there for then? One of them was standing there watching it too. Wow that's really harsh on Ukraine.

Ever since they were introduced a few seasons ago in the Europa League, I can't genuinely think of a situation in which their presence would be justified.

That official there was in the perfect position, he just stands there!

Even with goal kick/corner decisions they just stand there gormless!

I think it's an ego thing with the ref in that they don't want to undermine his authority.

Was there any feedback from the Hawkeye test in the Wembley friendly the other week?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

And now England have an Italian job on their hands and just one cornetto can make it to the trench digging war of the semi-final.

Tyldesley hoping Cole's yellow card doesn't come back to haunt him? Did anyone tell him the cards are reset after the group stages? Probably too busy wanking over Rooney to care.

After the quarter finals the cards are wiped.

If Gerrard gets a yellow in the quarters and we go through,he is banned for the semi at least.

I bet the national media will gloss over that disallowed goal given that it went in England's favour. I've noticed that both Terry and Cole have a habit of dropping back onto the line in certain defensive situations, ready to clear anything goalward bound. Certainly with Chelsea there have been occasions where both have dropped in behind Cech when the Chelsea defensive line is breached.

It was another average performance with dogged defending, against a Ukraine that were wasteful in attack and too often hit shots from outside the area. England do need to develop some more coherent attacking play if they really want to progress in the competition. They can't continue to sit so deep and chase because from now on, games will go into extra time and penalties to decide the winner and England will be dead on their feet if they continue in the same vein. If England beat Italy they'll have the shortest rest period of all the semi-finalists.

Sporadically flicked over to the other game and each time it showed Nasri limping while his teammates did fuck all, or Sweden trying to break France's offside trap and mostly failing. Great goal from Zlatan though.

The quarter finals then, are:

Thu 21st June...Czech Rep v Portugal...Warsaw

Fri 22nd June....Germany v Greece.......Gdansk

Sat 23rd June...Spain v France............Donetsk

Sun 24th June...Italy v England...........Kiev

I know I'm being a div, but I thought there was another game before the quarters. Seems awfully quick to go straight from the group stage into the QF doesn't it?

There's only 16 teams in the tournament mate...

jammy fucking bastards, surely going to get shown up soon, and when they do its going to be most amusing

I bet the national media will gloss over that disallowed goal given that it went in England's favour. I've noticed that both Terry and Cole have a habit of dropping back onto the line in certain defensive situations, ready to clear anything goalward bound. Certainly with Chelsea there have been occasions where both have dropped in behind Cech when the Chelsea defensive line is breached.

It was another average performance with dogged defending, against a Ukraine that were wasteful in attack and too often hit shots from outside the area. England do need to develop some more coherent attacking play if they really want to progress in the competition. They can't continue to sit so deep and chase because from now on, games will go into extra time and penalties to decide the winner and England will be dead on their feet if they continue in the same vein. If England beat Italy they'll have the shortest rest period of all the semi-finalists.

Reminds me so much of the type of posts we saw from posters in CL threads when Chelsea beat Napoli then Benfica then Barca then Bayern. I hope the same thing doesn't happen here.

I know I'm being a div, but I thought there was another game before the quarters. Seems awfully quick to go straight from the group stage into the QF doesn't it?

Only 16 teams in it though. I image there will be a 2nd round in 4 years time when it expands to 24 teams.

Tyldesley hoping Cole's yellow card doesn't come back to haunt him? Did anyone tell him the cards are reset after the group stages? Probably too busy wanking over Rooney to care.

Infact sorry I was wrong as its only if you recieve a single yellow card in two of the three group matches and then another in the quarter final would mean missing the semi final.

Reminds me so much of the type of posts we saw from posters in CL threads when Chelsea beat Napoli then Benfica then Barca then Bayern. I hope the same thing doesn't happen here.

A point I made at some point in the last week.

France are so lethargic. Benzema loves coming deep and rarely gets in near the 6 yard box or runs behind defenders to try get a goalscoring opportunity. It's weird cos he got loads of goals for Real last season.

The game against Spain will be an ode to fannying about.