You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EURO 2012

sir roger

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got what we deserved there. Poor display. Overall, I don't think it was anything other than a typical England tournament. Played OK, one really entertaining game, hope raised, out in the quarters on pens. Standard.

Best players were Gerrard, Johnson, Mongo and Cole (apart from that shit pen). Hart did pretty well (apart from the pens)

Worst: The Shit Prince of Bellend, Young and Milner. Rooney didnt do much either.

Worst: The Shit Prince of Bellend, Young and Milner. Rooney didnt do much either.

Spot on. It's hard to believe that Welbeck is considered an international level striker. I suspect that in a couple of years time he'll be trotting out for Sunderland or some other mob of shite. Young and Milner were dreadful but is that because Roy doesn't play with wingers? Looked like they were playing as secondary full backs to me. I can't remember them getting into any good positions at all. Rooney just didn't look fit, it must have been the extra strain of carrying that rat about on his head.

It was funny watching both BBC and ITV bemoaning the space that Pirlo was given, yet none of them had the balls to say 'that is down to Roy'! Carragher alluded to it, Linaker at least said 'Roy is a 442 and won't change'.

Young was absolute shite all tournament, and I keep hearing how Rooney was 'not match fit' but he hasn't been injured and the FA let him go on holiday at the end of the season, so why was he so unfit?

Guest davelfc

Expecting to see Arry refusing to comment on now being interested in the England job through his car window later.

He couldn't have done a worse job than Hodgson, we knew what was coming. He knows how to turn a silk purse into a sows ear does Woy, the clueless prick.

But he won 2, drew 1 and lost on pens. How do you work that one out?

Luck. Wait till the world cup qualifiers start. I predict that he will fuck that up and that England will not go to Brazil. The equivalent of getting relegated in international football. He is that shit and out of his depth as usual.

The continental teams are happy to receive the ball in midfield even if surrounded by 2-3 players, take a touch and find a team mate who could also be surrounded by 2-3 players. The english players wouldn't dream of a pass like that in a thousand years. That is the nub of the problem.

It was funny watching both BBC and ITV bemoaning the space that Pirlo was given, yet none of them had the balls to say 'that is down to Roy'! Carragher alluded to it, Linaker at least said 'Roy is a 442 and won't change'.

Young was absolute shite all tournament, and I keep hearing how Rooney was 'not match fit' but he hasn't been injured and the FA let him go on holiday at the end of the season, so why was he so unfit?

I agree with all of the above.

A plus for us was that whle Gerrard, Carroll and Johnson emerged from the tournament wit credit, Wellbeck, Young and Rooney were exposed as not being good enough at the top level.

I agree with all of the above.

A plus for us was that whle Gerrard, Carroll and Johnson emerged from the tournament wit credit, Wellbeck, Young and Rooney were exposed as not being good enough at the top level.

How is that a plus for Liverpool? What difference does it make?

Rooney not good enough for the top level? Hmmm. He's certainly good enough to win a dozen trophies for his club.

Guest TK-421

Rooney not good enough for the top level? Hmmm. He's certainly good enough to win a dozen trophies for his club.

All of it is bollocks. Typical xerxes.

He was shit here though, and I am struggling to understand how he wasn't fit considering he wasn't injured! Why was he allowed to go on holiday and basically get pissed for a couple of weeks when the knew he would still play a part?

He was shit here though, and I am struggling to understand how he wasn't fit considering he wasn't injured! Why was he allowed to go on holiday and basically get pissed for a couple of weeks when the knew he would still play a part?

probably thought the rest would do him good after a long season but a lot of players, rooney included, need a run of games before they're at their best. if england had've got to the semi final or final then you have seen something closer to rooney at his best.

probably thought the rest would do him good after a long season but a lot of players, rooney included, need a run of games before they're at their best. if england had've got to the semi final or final then you have seen something closer to rooney at his best.

I don't get it Paco! A rest is fine, but a holiday is alcohol and shit food, he never played any pre-tournament games and looked totally off the pace. For all the talk of him being the 'only' world class player England have, he has done fuck all in any of the major tournaments, and his England form has been shite. I think I am probably being paranoid, but I saw the stick Barnes got for not replicating his club form, and Macca, yet don't see those criticisms of Rooney!

can't put all the blame on hodgson for that last night.

Rooney was shit but who wouldn't have started him?

Young was awful as was Milner

Italy were fantastic

Pens were shit.

how in the fuck wellbeck even exists as a human being let alone plays up-front for england is beyond me. the coolio looking cunt.

I don't get it Paco! A rest is fine, but a holiday is alcohol and shit food, he never played any pre-tournament games and looked totally off the pace. For all the talk of him being the 'only' world class player England have, he has done fuck all in any of the major tournaments, and his England form has been shite. I think I am probably being paranoid, but I saw the stick Barnes got for not replicating his club form, and Macca, yet don't see those criticisms of Rooney!

fair point. he was shite by and large and I didn't know he was away on holiday havin it large before he went to the tournament. I think he would have a few questions to answer about that.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall here. Joe Corrigan on TalkSport just then spoke the biggest load of wham I've heard in yonks harping on about those nasty foreigners keeping down the English game. "It happened at Liverpool when Gerard Houllier came in and brought in a load of French players and when Rafael Benitez brought a load of Spaniards with him. We need quality English coaches who'll give Engish kids a chance."

Why the hell aren't people asking where these quality British coaches are? It's not about oppurtunities, it's about them not being good enough. Who was the last English manager to win the league? Howard Wilkinson 20 years ago? Christ. Who was the last one to win a European trophy? Was it Joe back in '84?

This country needs to wake up about the way it sees football. Heart and passion should be a requirement, not things that are deemed enough to win football matches. You have to have intelligence, touch and poise, to name but three. Things like that are just not coached in this country. It's not about foreigners keeping kids out the side. There were hardly any about in the 70s, but it still didn't stop England failing to qualify for two World Cups.

As long as the FA keep giving jobs to the boys though I don't anything will change at all.

Guest TK-421
I think Hodgson throughout the tournament on the whole has had his tactics spot on.

Although he certainly should have started Carroll yesterday

Ahahahahahahahahahaha.

Stuart Pearce a failure as a coach with the U21's has still kept his job? Why not provide young coaches with the opportunity to take the youth teams for a tournament? Move them through age groups, but give them two years in each job so that they get experience.

Stuart Pearce a failure as a coach with the U21's has still kept his job? Why not provide young coaches with the opportunity to take the youth teams for a tournament? Move them through age groups, but give them two years in each job so that they get experience.

That's what germany do isn't it? Our problems run deeper but that is joined up thinking right there.

I reckon Roy's style of football is as much to blame for Rooneys poor form, then any lack of fitness. He did look very rusty against Ukraine but that's to be expected. Messi would struggle in a Hodgson system.

nah he has always been utter shite for England when it matters, living off two good games for England in Euro 2004 and then making his goal record look decent against shite in qualifiers, I blame Roy for a lot of things but Rooney not bothering and trying to be the star and fucking it up for England is a regular occurance under every manager

I think Hodgson throughout the tournament on the whole has had his tactics spot on.

Although he certainly should have started Carroll yesterday

Sorry Ant, but you couldn't be more wrong! They were out played by the Ukraine, and Sweden!

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see who Italy would play through, and how they would play but he insisted upon two banks of four, regardless. Absolutely no tacticaly nouse or ability to change systems, he is an embarrasing luddite.

Another I was saying yesterday, mate, is that Noel Blake fella in charge of the U19s. A yard dog of a centre-half for Portsmouth and Leeds, a short stint as Exeter boss and a coaching job at Stoke's academy. That's the fella's CV right there, yet he's entrusted with coaching up and coming English kids.

Just fucking ludicrous.

Sorry Ant, but you couldn't be more wrong! They were out played by the Ukraine, and Sweden!

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see who Italy would play through, and how they would play but he insisted upon two banks of four, regardless. Absolutely no tacticaly nouse or ability to change systems, he is an embarrasing luddite.

Yep, but we got through to the Quarters.

Hodgson has done alright this tournament all things considered.