You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So was it Comolli or Ayre who installed that £1M clause then?

He was on 80k a week, had one year left on his contract, wouldn't have figured much for us in the coming season and is approaching 32 years old. I don't think it's as bad as anyone's making out.

He was on 80k a week, had one year left on his contract, wouldn't have figured much for us in the coming season and is approaching 32 years old. I don't think it's as bad as anyone's making out.

I'm not making it out to be bad.

There are some fucking arseholes on this thread / site. He was hardly Lionel Messi but Kuyt worked his bollocks off for us every time he pulled the shirt on and only a year ago there was the 'breaking records' thread lauding Dirk for his efforts. He scored some vital and memorable goals for us but rather than an opportunity to thank the bloke for his efforts this is just an opportunity for the usual snidey cunts to have a swipe. Wankers.

This.

Sad to see Kuyt leave. Wasn't the best player in the world, but did his job.

Scored some vital goals for us and 9 times out of 10, he turned up for the big games unlike a few other players. Had a terrible touch, but made up for it most of the time.

Could of got a bit more than we sold him for but that's Liverpool for you.

Guest ShoePiss

Good luck to him, I'd say his signing has been a success, he's made a significant contribution to the team over the years.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. When our football was the most fluid and productive in Kenny's first six months, Kuyt was flourishing. While his first touch is erratic, his intelligence and movement were central to how well we were playing and I'm still to see anyone at the club link up as well with Suarez.

Agreed; Buying Carroll for $35 million put paid to Dirk's Liverpool career, although Carroll was in and out of the team early on while Dirk was indeed flourishing with Suarez and getting his old striking form back, it was only a matter of time before kenny had to give Carroll a good run at that price.

Benitez has to accept some criticism for helping destroy Dirk's goal striking instinct. He scored 15 goals in his first season with us from memory, and was rewarded with RM position.

The number of times we played Torres alone up front, in typical cautious Rafa fashion when Dirk could have been right alongside doing his Dutch thing had me flumuxed.

Anyway, it's water under the bridge, but i'll say this: Dirk gave us more, than we gave him.

Thanks Dirk, for everything. See you again one day at 3pm at The Great Match In The Sky.

can't believe some are moaning about the fee....

He could of sat on the bench until xmas, drawing wages...... then walked for free.

best of luck Kuyt

Yeah it's the wages saved which is the most important factor as he will have been on really good money, as noted by the fact that Feyenoord couldn't afford him. I read a stat yesterday that said we'll be saving around £5M in total because of this deal.

It might be but I cant lie, I have never liked him and I have wanted him gone for years so it would be a bit hypocritical of me to claim otherwise now when he finally is gone.

I don't suppose someone with 15000 posts ever considers just saying nothing?

Yeah it's the wages saved which is the most important factor as he will have been on really good money, as noted by the fact that Feyenoord couldn't afford him. I read a stat yesterday that said we'll be saving around £5M in total because of this deal.

It's not difficult to imagine a scenario where we save 5m in wages and get a transfer fee that's close to market rate. If we are going to forgo external investment in the squad, we can't afford to pass up opportunities like this to raise money.