You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking gutted, a real cult hero, rarely seen a player who polarises opinion so much amongst the fan base, say what you want about Dirk he's a top man and a top player his productivity speaks volumes consistently scoring and assisting goals, good luck Dirk. My favourite memory of Dirk will be his first touch in a red shirt against West Ham where he did what any fan would do he fucking whacked a shot just past the post.

The quintessential right sided player in the 4231.

occupied left backs not by destroying them with pace and skill but by negating their ability to attack.

scored some very important goals also.

nobody I'd rather have on the pitch when we were defending a lead than dirk.

we salute you Work Kuyt.

I've always had a soft spot for Dirk, but his rather terrible season combined with his total lack of class after Kenny got the boot changed my view of him. Glad to see him gone, thanks for the good matches, although we all know his shite matches were far more common.

Bye, Dirk, enjoy your last payday.

Bit harsh that.

"Total lack of class"???? WTF???

Big man for the big occasion, model pro, wonderful man. Sad to see him go, but age was catching up with him, and he needed to be playing regularly. Good luck Dirk- we could do with a few more with your attitude and commitment.

I've always had a soft spot for Dirk, but his rather terrible season combined with his total lack of class after Kenny got the boot changed my view of him. Glad to see him gone, thanks for the good matches, although we all know his shite matches were far more common.Bye, Dirk, enjoy your last payday.

Lack of class? LFC has had precious few world cup finalists on our books, and he had a point with his criticism.

We are likley to see a fair few big earners hoist overboard as CL wages are being paid when we are not paying CL football.

A tremendous player - i wish him well.

I had high hopes for him after his first minutes at Anfield as a sub against West Ham, sadly it was all downhill from there.

To say I'm happy to see him go would be understatement of the year.

I feel that it is time for Dirk to go, but that sniffy, dismissive first paragraph is extremely unfair to Kuyt's contribution over his time here.

I feel that it is time for Dirk to go, but that sniffy, dismissive first paragraph is extremely unfair to Kuyt's contribution over his time here.

It might be but I cant lie, I have never liked him and I have wanted him gone for years so it would be a bit hypocritical of me to claim otherwise now when he finally is gone.

Dirk Kuyt ................. A lack of class.

FUCK RIGHT OFF with that shit.

Kenny has some fans on here who can't take any criticism of him whatsoever. It was evident when someone posted a thread at the end of the season questioning whether Kenny should be replaced in the summer or not.

They tried to derail this legitimate question with all sort of rubbish, with the usual food debate quite prominent.

• Downvote 1

There are some fucking arseholes on this thread / site. He was hardly Lionel Messi but Kuyt worked his bollocks off for us every time he pulled the shirt on and only a year ago there was the 'breaking records' thread lauding Dirk for his efforts. He scored some vital and memorable goals for us but rather than an opportunity to thank the bloke for his efforts this is just an opportunity for the usual snidey cunts to have a swipe. Wankers.

I had high hopes for him after his first minutes at Anfield as a sub against West Ham, sadly it was all downhill from there.

I could try and argue your point by recalling the numerous vital goals and contributions Dirk made for us in his time here but I'm won't bother as I'd have more success debating Dirk's Anfield career with a piece of dog shit. You really are a tit.

No, the understatement of the year would be to call you a bit of a clueless cunt. You are a fucking ingrate and represent all that is wrong with our fanbase. Why don't you just fuck off and support a norwegian team? As for Dirk, always gave his all, scored many important goals and will given the respect he is due by anyone who has a clue. Also, whoever is responsible for the £1m buy out clause should be shot.

There are some fucking arseholes on this thread / site. He was hardly Lionel Messi but Kuyt worked his bollocks off for us every time he pulled the shirt on and only a year ago there was the 'breaking records' thread lauding Dirk for his efforts. He scored some vital and memorable goals for us but rather than an opportunity to thank the bloke for his efforts this is just an opportunity for the usual snidey cunts to have a swipe. Wankers.

It is impossible to be more right than this.

That's the way it is.