You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don
Comolli deserved to go for that clause alone.

Perhaps Kuyt demanded it as a condition of signing his last contract?

As far as I can remember, Dirk was very keen to stay at the time of his last contract signing & I can't see any reason whatsoever to have given him that clause unless it was a previous owners ' keep the wages down & we won't be here when Dirk cashes in' move.

Good luck to Dirk, but Cecil or whoever has cost us £3 or 4 million there.

Right time for all concerned.

Good signing, good character and more than the sum of his parts as a player. Certainly one of my favourites in recent times and I'm glad we managed to send him away with a medal.

Goal in the league cup final

Winner in the European cup semi final

Goal in the European cup final

Double at Goodison

Hat-trick against the Mancs.

A damn good 6 years.

Great signing. Someone who frustrated the hell out of us at times but delivered when it mattered many more times than I can recall. Balls of steel and would run through a brick wall for the club. Right time for him to depart, and I'm sure he'll be rewarded with a great contract in Turkey. All the best Dirk.

As far as I can remember, Dirk was very keen to stay at the time of his last contract signing & I can't see any reason whatsoever to have given him that clause unless it was a previous owners ' keep the wages down & we won't be here when Dirk cashes in' move.

Good luck to Dirk, but Cecil or whoever has cost us £3 or 4 million there.

Nonsensical and costly. I know Commolli's M.O when I see it.

been a great servant but he isn't good enough anymore so right decision for all concerned, glad he finally got a trophy in his last season, give me Dirk with his shite first touch and scoring 15 scrappy goals a season over one of these flashy wingers full of stepovers and about 5 superb goals a season anyday

all the best Dirk, onwards and upwards for the club

Kuyt, through it all you were the epitome of a hard working player that against all the odds scored great goals and being sometimes the heartbeat of the team.

Thanks for the memories, you will always be on of my favourite all time Liverpool players.

Good luck Dirk, you will be missed.