You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are your expectations for the coming season ?

withnail71

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first we have to overhaul Everton, Chelsea and Newcastle, and stay ahead of Fulham,with pretty much the same players trying to adjust to a new system. I suppose its possible but its going to be a tall order.

We already are better on paper than all of them but Chelsea , I personally believe with a few quality additions we can join chelsea in the top 4.

In my opinion , of course.

We already are better on paper than all of them but Chelsea , I personally believe with a few quality additions we can join chelsea in the top 4.

In my opinion , of course.

The league table was also sort of misleading, in a sense, as we clearly prioritised the domestic cups, resting players in the build up to important games which affected our points haul. Ian Ayre bravely explained that winning competitions wasn't important, so it won't be a factor next season.

I don't know, I'd like to think we'd end up with another cup run or two, and at least challenge for fourth.

I'd expect to see the growing pains when a manager tries to adapt his philosophy. I expect to be frustrated but delighted in equal measure.

i expect us to compete with spurs and arsenal for fourth spot. i think city chelsea and the scum will battle it out for the top three spots.

i quiet like the players we have been linked with so far. dempsey and sigurdssen would fit in nicely at anfield. both get goals and thats what we need. its crucial that we hang on to both agger and skertl as i think the vultures are circling around those two. other than that concern i think we are pretty much sorted at the back. you could make a case for getting cover for enrique and maybe replacing carra but we still have plenty of options with johnson being comfy in either full back position and kelly flanagan robinson and coates all capable deputies.

it will be interesting to see what brendan does with aquilani and cole. i doubt he will recall cole unless he has to, he runs up too many blind alleys and loses possession too frequently so i think he will try to offload him. aqua is a different case. he could fit in very well to the system that rodgers likes. a quick footed intelligent passer who can link well with the forwards and get into the box. i would like to see him get a chance to finally justify the fee we paid for him.

i would like to see a winger and a striker come in. dempsey as a direct replacement for kuyt plus another one, possibly hoilett from blackburn who is available on a free. i quiet like sinclair of swansea on the wing but not sure about the 12 month thing that has been mentioned.

we may have a busy summer with some bids for our better players to negotiate, but im hopeful that the likes of skertl agger suarez johnson and reina will all still be here come august. if brendan sounds as convincing to them as he does to me, then ithink we need not worry too much on that score. reina actually has been pretty poor for us over the last couple of seasons, what the reason for that is i dont know, but ive seen a supposed quote from him after the appointment of rodgers that most players wanted rafa to return. whether or not that hints at him being unsettled im not sure, but as i say he's been poor last couple of seasons so it wont take much to find a better replacement. we would probably get a decent fee for him too.

others i suspect would be off if the money was right would be spearing adam downing maxi. i wouldnt be too bothered to see any of those depart. spearing and downing not good enough maxi too inconsistent and adam not fit enough and doesn't look like he ever will be. shame because i think he is actually a pretty good player.

to sum up i think we will see an improvement this season hopefully enough to put us back where we belong

I'm expecting we won't be such a fucking circus act next season and the media, FA, referees and every poxy supporter of other clubs don't take the piss out of us.

They can all pick on another "club in crisis" and we can start to rebuild from a stable position with the fans, players, owners & management all singing from the same hymnsheet.

With a few shrewd acquisitions, some ruthless jettisoning of under-performers and a seachange in our work ethic & playing style I reckon we could have a right go at every competition we enter