You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our worst signings

No2

Josemi/Kromkamp didn't we pretty much get our money back on those? i.e. what we paid for Josemi vs. what we sold Kromkamp for, with the straight swap of the two in the middle. Don't remember hearing that either were on piss-takingly massive wages either although I may be wrong on that. Plus I don't remember Kromkamp being that bad, was hardly an inspired signing I know but I don't think he deserves to be in this particular squad or XI either.

Difference between worst players and worst signings, hence why Downing is (rightfully) featuring so much despite being more mediocre than utter shite.

Edited by Jonny83

glen handball Hysen? And that lad, the irish lad we signed from milwall? had a big fat arse.

Mark Kennedy. My overriding memory of him is of him vainly trying to put in a cross that was more than 2 inches off the ground in that hideous UEFA cup exit to the mighty Brondby. We were knocked out by a goal from a player three fifths of whose name was Egg.

Dark times.

How anyone can look beyond Paul Stewart for this one I'll never know. 2.3 million for that piece of crap back in 1992 was beyond all apprehension. I had a Spurs mate that was delighted we had taken him off their hands, and how right he was! 42 games (3 goals - hooray!), and loaned out for the next two (three?) seasons, as no-one were silly enough to buy him. Sound familiar? Aquilani is basically Stewart mkII, but with a hell of a lot more talent!

The Souness days.... shudder...Even if FSG turn out to be the worst owners in the history of sport, they will never be able to hurt us as much as Souness did over those few disastrous years.

Mark Kennedy. My overriding memory of him is of him vainly trying to put in a cross that was more than 2 inches off the ground in that hideous UEFA cup exit to the mighty Brondby. We were knocked out by a goal from a player three fifths of whose name was Egg.

Dark times.

I had Mark Kennedy as a passenger when I was a taxidriver in about 1999. Picked him up from Copper Face Jacks when the birds started to sing, after an Ireland swaray. Dropped him at his Ma's in Blanch. A more obnoxious prick I haven't met since. He was out on loan I think at the time. He had two mobile phones on him - in 1999. Complaining about pricks in Ireland and bitches in England. Asshole!

Never, I mean NEVER, meet your heroes.

Fair was a tenner dead-on - which is what I got from him.

\/0rON|n Aaaagh!

yulia-voronin4.jpg