You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leap Of Faith

Colonol

The Suarez affair was a joke and was handled disgracefully.

They've sacked Commoli, and are now looking to restructure the set up. That tells us they're not happy with his performance and not happy with the structure as a whole. I have no problem with that, we all asked questions about last summers dealings and his position as a whole and they've acted decisively. It made no sense to rush someone in at the end of last season. They may well have their man/men already.

With Kenny's sacking, can you imagine the storm that would have been kicked up if it emerged the club were interviewing for Kenny's replacement behind his back in the final weeks of the season? There would have rightly been murder. He was sacked less than 2 weeks ago which isn't a long time. They acted decisively as soon as the season ended and didnt let things drag on. It's not yet the time to panic.

You don't think time is dragging on with DoF and manager appointments?

Other clubs who FSG say they want to compete with are doing business already. Who's looking at players for us?

Other clubs who FSG say they want to compete with are doing business already. Who's looking at players for us?

It has only been two weeks since Kenny left, in fact the Spanish season only finished last monday!

If they are looking at the structure, and appointing 3 or 4 people it is going to take time.

Marin, Podolski and Hazard would not have come near us this summer without CL football to offer. We have to be realistic. This club has been staggering backwards for 3 years, we haven't won the league in 22years. What we have been doing clearly isn't working and I have no problem with them wanting to rip things up and put foundations in place which will serve us for years to come. That cannot be done in 2 weeks, it will take time. Clearly they've had these plans in mind for months and now they're making the appointments. I just don't think we should panic yet, if we are still sat here rudderless in a months time then the alarm bells will be ringing but I doubt we will be. I reckon things will be tied up before the Euros.

Don't get me wrong Paul, I have doubts and concerns myself. I just think this is the first opportunity they've really had to stamp their mark since they bought the club, so they deserve the chance to do that. The honeymoon is over and they'll be rightly judged on their results after this summer's overhaul. Sacking Kenny tells me that they're not prepared to tolerate mediocre league performance and as much as I'd have been happy to see him given another year, I'm encouraged by that.

Marin, Podolski and Hazard would not have come near us this summer without CL football to offer. We have to be realistic. This club has been staggering backwards for 3 years, we haven't won the league in 22years. What we have been doing clearly isn't working and I have no problem with them wanting to rip things up and put foundations in place which will serve us for years to come. That cannot be done in 2 weeks, it will take time. Clearly they've had these plans in mind for months and now they're making the appointments. I just don't think we should panic yet, if we are still sat here rudderless in a months time then the alarm bells will be ringing but I doubt we will be. I reckon things will be tied up before the Euros.

Don't get me wrong Paul, I have doubts and concerns myself. I just think this is the first opportunity they've really had to stamp their mark since they bought the club, so they deserve the chance to do that. The honeymoon is over and they'll be rightly judged on their results after this summer's overhaul. Sacking Kenny tells me that they're not prepared to tolerate mediocre league performance and as much as I'd have been happy to see him given another year, I'm encouraged by that.

A refreshingly balanced, sensible and pragmatic post.

Managerial record:

Won only 2 of his first 10 games at Watford before picking up in Jan at Watford

Fired at Reading

Did well at Swansea in the Championship by making the playoffs

Won his first away game in the Premiership in Jan

Our standards sure have fallen if this is the calibre we are looking for these days. Used to be that we looked for La Liga winners.

He is a slow starter for sure. I wonder how much patience the fans and owners will give him if he takes up to Jan before lifting us hopefully out of the relegation zone

I think the main problem is that we don't have very many good players, and not enough money to rectify that.

So, we could put a gene-spliced, laboratory-raised SuperManager in charge, cloned from DNA of Paisley, Shankly, Stein, Mourinho and Michels, and even he wouldn't be able to turn Jordan Henderson or Stuart Downing into a top quality player

i cant believe i agree with you brendan... did you drop the pills down the back of yer ma's sofa?