You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Never had a connection. Never put in a transfer request in either.

Have we still got to play West ham? If so:

Get Neil Ruddock back

Tell him he'll get his weight in pork pies if he takees out this Cole just like he did Andy Cole, that'll be something else he can crow about down the pub!

He's one of the few ex-players who genuinely brings me out in hives.

One of the most past it players to ever wear our colours. Watching him breath out his ass after about ten minutes - just arghhhh! No way could he play in the Rodgers system as everyone is moving all the time. At West Ham he may do slightly better as I'm sure he'll be there for knock downs and the like.

This interview is more like a "I love West 'Am" read though.

Proper hate him.

Well, the feeling is mutual you little lazy, money grabbing shithouse.

"Joe Cole has admitted he was wrong to join Liverpool because of his lack of passion for the club, but could also not have joined Tottenham.

Cole returned to West Ham for a second spell in January, after two-and-a-half forgettable years at Anfield.

He concedes that he made a mistake in heading for Merseyside as a free agent in 2010, after seeing his contract run down at Chelsea.

Cole says he never adapted to life at Liverpool, but claims he was left with little choice but to make a move as he could not bring himself to turn out for Tottenham Hotspur.

The 31-year-old midfielder said in The Sun: "I can only play for teams that I'm passionate about and I think that's what went wrong for me at Liverpool.

"I didn't feel a connection with the club or the place that I had at Chelsea and West Ham.

"I had seven great years at Chelsea but the club wanted to go in a certain direction and I wasn't involved. So I was left with two real options - Liverpool or Spurs.

"Spurs was probably the best option because they were offering me a five-year deal and it meant I could stay in familiar surroundings.

"But I just couldn't do it, I just couldn't see myself pulling that Spurs shirt over my head. With the rivalry between Spurs and West Ham and Chelsea, it felt a bit mercenary."

Having re-joined the club that helped to launch his career, Cole is hoping to recapture his best form and hang up his boots as a West Ham player.

He added: "I was missing London and my family and I had a personal tragedy in December when my brother-in-law died.

"I got an opportunity to go back to West Ham and I don't want to move any more."

A Sun quote?

I think xerxes hasn't wrote a lot wrong this time. I'd say at the time we brought him a fair amount of the support would have been excited we were getting an exciting talent. I thought he'd do a lot better to be honest.

He can fuck right off though for what he's come out with this week the bronchial affected shitbag.

• 8 years later...
16 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Good interview with him on Carragher's latest podcast. Says he was basically finished after a knee injury. Doesn't seem to know who bought him at Liverpool and the club was in such a mess that's not a surprise. Comes across okay I thought. 

He’s prob just being nice as it’s carras podcast once he left he was rather uncomplimentary about us from what I remember. He was completely finished when he joined and that summer of signings was the worst we’ve ever had.

• Upvote 5

59 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Good interview with him on Carragher's latest podcast. Says he was basically finished after a knee injury. Doesn't seem to know who bought him at Liverpool and the club was in such a mess that's not a surprise. Comes across okay I thought. 

He’s a 32 carat cunt.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

His performances certainly gave me the hump.

You know, the common expression and the way camels have humps?

(And congrats on your Euro winnings) 

DAFE3CCA-1F0C-4304-A00F-D0DA8B3248E8.jpeg

Thanks. All I can say is that I'm glad I decided to take a PIZZA the action.

• Upvote 1