You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Running

Redder Lurtz

2-3k is about 1.2 to 1.8 miles but its still good going anyway.

Shush you, I was bigging him up!

My legs feel like jelly today after last night's 3 miles. Goes to show how much I've still got to do to reach a decent level of fitness. Next run is on Friday when I'll be aiming to hit around the same distance before a certain sporting event, then treating myself to a few beers while I watch it.

The bug is well and truly biting again, I can't wait for Friday so I can get out there again. Tempted to fgo out tomorrow but I'm looking after my knee so I won't risk it.

Did my second 5k in a week tonight. Unprecedented stuff. Doing another one on Monday, then two a week for the foreseeable future as long as the knee holds out. My mate has pulled out of the York 10k she wanted me to train with her for as she's off to a wedding, which is a bit shit but can't be helped I suppose. The only reason I started this was because she wanted someone to train with.

If I keep this up, which I feel I will, I might just do it anyway. It's good to have a goal.

I feel proper fucked right now, has to be said. Kicking back and treating myself with a couple of large Hoegaardens.

Did my second 5k in a week tonight. Unprecedented stuff. Doing another one on Monday, then two a week for the foreseeable future as long as the knee holds out. My mate has pulled out of the York 10k she wanted me to train with her for as she's off to a wedding, which is a bit shit but can't be helped I suppose. The only reason I started this was because she wanted someone to train with.

If I keep this up, which I feel I will, I might just do it anyway. It's good to have a goal.

It was just the excuse you needed. Keep it up...and if you need added motivation raise some money for a good cause

Once my feet have recovered I've got to get back into a regular routine of running.

First day of getting back to running. Its absolutely true that you're fit for what you train for. After not running since before my marathon walk it felt like going back to Square One this morning. Ah, well. Onwards and upwards...

Cetavlex rules

Before my gallbladder op in March, I was doing 5k 2-3 times a week. Average time was 31 minutes.

Incidentally, any advice on a programme of building running/exercising back up following an op? Have just gone back to work after 10 weeks off (complications following the first op).

Much obliged!

Before my gallbladder op in March, I was doing 5k 2-3 times a week. Average time was 31 minutes.

Incidentally, any advice on a programme of building running/exercising back up following an op? Have just gone back to work after 10 weeks off (complications following the first op).

Much obliged!

I'd get some proper medical advice on that mate, rather than some amateur runners on here. At least if your doctor advises you wrongly you can sue him if your insides start falling out. All you can do here is neg someone or call them a cunt.

I've put 5.6k in tonight. Managed to persuade my running partner to do our 5k's on Mon and Fri instead of Mon & Thurs which means I can get a cheeky 3k in on the Weds and still have a day's recovery either side.

Winning.

I'd get some proper medical advice on that mate, rather than some amateur runners on here. At least if your doctor advises you wrongly you can sue him if your insides start falling out. All you can do here is neg someone or call them a cunt.

I've put 5.6k in tonight. Managed to persuade my running partner to do our 5k's on Mon and Fri instead of Mon & Thurs which means I can get a cheeky 3k in on the Weds and still have a day's recovery either side.

Winning.

Thanks, I'll check with the consultant when I see him.

Another one today. Plan is to get back to running 3 times a week. Seems like I'm in the same place as a few others on here...currently doing 3.5 mile circuits. Hoping to build up from there and maybe a 10k. Walking and cycling are fine but they're just a substitute for the buzz you get from running for me

I've decided running is going on the back burner a bit. I will still probably do 3 or 4 x 5km a week, but not trying to increase pace or dsitance at the moment. I'd be happy if I can stay where I am.

I enjoy walking/rambling too much and I intend to make hay while the sunshines. Also thinking of doing the London to Brighton challenge (100k in 24 hours) next year and have been helping a mate train for the Gurkha Challenge (which is a similar event) recently so haven't been able to put the distance or interval training in so much as my legs and feet have had it after a couple of 15/20 mile walks of a weekend.

Its a great buzz, so I might come back to it in autumn, but I suppose I know if I do the London to Brighton I'll have to gibb it again next spring.

It's an off road race, plenty of hills, bogs and rivers to cross!

I got myself fit at the start of the year and have let it slide after celebrating my 40th in April. The only way for me to get back at it i if I have a target and something that may humiliate me if I don't stick to the plan.

I might have to bump my 'chafed ass' thread again...

Another one today. Plan is to get back to running 3 times a week. Seems like I'm in the same place as a few others on here...currently doing 3.5 mile circuits. Hoping to build up from there and maybe a 10k. Walking and cycling are fine but they're just a substitute for the buzz you get from running for me

Maybe I'm not pushing myself as hard as required, but what is the 'buzz' exactly? I find running a bit of a chore to be honest, but if I could find some way to get to point where it's something to look forward to, that would be ace. Thanks.

Maybe I'm not pushing myself as hard as required, but what is the 'buzz' exactly? I find running a bit of a chore to be honest, but if I could find some way to get to point where it's something to look forward to, that would be ace. Thanks.

I don't know the exact science of it....they'll be others who can help you out there, I'm sure, but what you're looking for is endorphin release to give you that 'buzz'.

I just like that feeling you get from making your heart work faster, getting up a sweat and challenging myself against the clock

It's an off road race, plenty of hills, bogs and rivers to cross!

I got myself fit at the start of the year and have let it slide after celebrating my 40th in April. The only way for me to get back at it i if I have a target and something that may humiliate me if I don't stick to the plan.

I might have to bump my 'chafed ass' thread again...

Ive just done 3 miles round A park near Heathrow - fucked!!!

It's going to be a long haul to get fit again.

First day of getting back to running. Its absolutely true that you're fit for what you train for. After not running since before my marathon walk it felt like going back to Square One this morning. Ah, well. Onwards and upwards...

Cetavlex rules

I fucking told you.

Repped.