You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Running

Redder Lurtz

Friend of mine was heading towards the world record for running in a suit of armour (going by his training times he would have got it) but the heat got to him. Was sick 3 Miles in.

He finished 2 hours ago.

Question. How much training do those running in fancy dress do in their costumes?

Bump

After a couple of heavy weekends and a week with a bad chest finally got back into running some of the bigger distances today. Feeling pretty sore now though! It’s 4 weeks today until we run the Edinburgh marathon so hoping to get up to at least 20 miles before the day itself.

93fc408b5dc115a0c69ff19c504b3b93.jpg

We are running for a friend of mines granddaughter who has been diagnosed with a rare aggressive brain tumour and is currently in Mexico receiving treatment as it is not something that is treated here. If people could share or donate that would be really very much appreciated.

https://www.justgiving.com/Edinburgh-marathon-for-edie

https://spider-ede-appeal.org.uk

• Upvote 4

I've run the square root of fucking nowhere for about 4 years. I tried a run a few months ago but it killed my knees so I did a bit at the gym. I fell out with the entire planet, though, when some arsewipe put my car window through a few weeks ago and I binned the gym off. I've somehow managed to agree to run a 5k in June though and I'm a right fat fucker at the minute so got some serious pounds to lose to make sure I can run a paltry 5k without walking any of it.

• Upvote 2

I’m at the start of the whole running thing. Been doing some walking/running combos to try to build up slowly. Calf is injured. I tore the muscle quite badly a few years ago and it’s playing up, so I’m icing it after even a modest 30 min jog/walk thing.

When did I get so old?

I've run the square root of fucking nowhere for about 4 years. I tried a run a few months ago but it killed my knees so I did a bit at the gym. I fell out with the entire planet, though, when some arsewipe put my car window through a few weeks ago and I binned the gym off. I've somehow managed to agree to run a 5k in June though and I'm a right fat fucker at the minute so got some serious pounds to lose to make sure I can run a paltry 5k without walking any of it.

Just give it your best shot lad. Even if you don't run all of the 5k this time, you'll get there eventually.

You calling me a liar?

I swear down on me ma's life that I did it, my mate Fat Phil saw me do it, ask him if you don't believe me.

I believe you mate. World records are broken all the time in practise.