Quantcast
Podcasts - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chorlton

Podcasts

Anyone else listening to the True Geordie?

He does a bit of the unmentionable, but mostly it's just a big fat beardie fucker telling sweary knobbing tales and taking the piss out of his soft Southern mate. Funny as fuck, the latest one where he talks about his previous life as a deep sea diver had me in tears.

I'm not a fan of the ones where he brings a guest on, it's better with just the two of them IMO. The format reminds me a bit of the now-defunct Henry Rollins podcast (Henry and Heidi - also highly recommended) where the 'straight man' mostly acts as a foil for the main one telling funny stories.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else listening to the True Geordie?

He does a bit of the unmentionable, but mostly it's just a big fat beardie fucker telling sweary knobbing tales and taking the piss out of his soft Southern mate. Funny as fuck, the latest one where he talks about his previous life as a deep sea diver had me in tears.

I'm not a fan of the ones where he brings a guest on, it's better with just the two of them IMO. The format reminds me a bit of the now-defunct Henry Rollins podcast (Henry and Heidi - also highly recommended) where the 'straight man' mostly acts as a foil for the main one telling funny stories.

He's very funny at times, his AlanPardew is a wanker is a good one. 

I've been listening to Micah Cohen and Nate Silver's 538 podcast for a few months now. Was excellent on the election and is very interesting now in the autopsy stage.

Jordan Peterson on the latest Joe Rogan is good.

Some may need a trigger warning (Hades).

Who is he?

Joe Rogan is very hit and miss. Great communicator, comedian and when he talks about his passions I find him engaging.

When the subject moves to things like feminism, gun control, politics etc. he loses me. He also gives a voice to a lot of peculiar, pseudosciencey type people. Which sucks.

Jordan Peterson on the latest Joe Rogan is good.

Some may need a trigger warning (Hades).

I don't need a trigger warning because I don't have PTSD, which is a devastating mental disease whose sufferers ask for tiny warning before discussion that makes them ill. 

Who is he?

Joe Rogan is very hit and miss. Great communicator, comedian and when he talks about his passions I find him engaging.

When the subject moves to things like feminism, gun control, politics etc. he loses me. He also gives a voice to a lot of peculiar, pseudosciencey type people. Which sucks.

Some of the nuts he has on are interesting.

Not nutters

Ive enjoyed the podcasts with Dr Rhonda Patrick (all about vitamin/health), the historian name escape me on last week

I don't need a trigger warning because I don't have PTSD, which is a devastating mental disease whose sufferers ask for tiny warning before discussion that makes them ill.

You will if you listen to this.

He's a Canadian uni lecturer in clinical psychology. Got caught up in a pro noun row. Talks about that, Marxism, quality of students, his religious beliefs.

Who is he?

I don't agree with anyone on everything - that's a cult. I'd say it's about 70% of the stuff Ive listened to for me.

I'd say he'd be viewed far to the right of most on here.

Rogan is right wing on plenty of things and left wing on many too. It seems absurd that there's a line and every single view must you have must all align on the same side of that line.

If you are a decent human being you must. 

You will if you listen to this.

He's a Canadian uni lecturer in clinical psychology. Got caught up in a pro noun row. Talks about that, Marxism, quality of students, his religious beliefs.

Was he pro or against nouns?

If you are a decent human being you must.

And let's remember that if you were in charge your very life would depend on which side you decided to be on.

And let's remember that if you were in charge your very life would depend on which side you decided to be on.

As opposed to how it is now.

As opposed to how it is now.

No, because I don't see anyone trying to murder you for being the other side of the line to me.

Whilst you've made it clear you'd have me up against the wall if you were in charge.

The best Rogan podcasts are the Joey Diaz ones. There was a funny one a while back where he had some girl on that sold her own poo online for money. 

No, because I don't see anyone trying to murder you for being the other side of the line to me.

Whilst you've made it clear you'd have me up against the wall if you were in charge.

Lots of people are trying to murder me and billions of others throughout the world. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1