You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

Sam Harris talking to Neil Tysen on his podcast this week, very interesting.

Also Iain Lee on Adam Buxton is a fascinating listen too.

Can't get into Adam Buxton, but I see Iain Lee is on the latest Richard Herring.

Sam Harris talking to Neil Tysen on his podcast this week, very interesting.

Also Iain Lee on Adam Buxton is a fascinating listen too.

Thanks for this recommendation rico was an interesting listen, though Iain's story did remind me of DJ Dave Clifton out of Alpha Papa

Alan+Partridge+Alpha+Papa+London+Premier

Yes its bloody fantastic

What sort of stuff do you listen too

If you like history,or historical history let me know as i have some recommendations

It's more psychology I'm in this for. Listening to The Reason I Jump at the moment - absolutely fascinating.

Well my suggestions of Antony Beever WW2 books and Conn Igguldens Genghis Khan and Julius Cesar books wint be much use then.

Its a great service though

Yeah, I'm not 100% sold like. 

It'd be ace if they hooked it up to Kindle and you could just listen to the books you've already bought etc. 

Amazing how quick you can burn through a book by just listening to it though.

• 2 months later...

My favourite podcast The Biggest Problem in the Universe ended today after 107 weekly consecutive episodes. Shame.

Just tried this as I'm out of my favourites at the moment, and plucked one randomly from middle, episode 56 in fact.

I've lasted 6 minutes and 3 seconds before having to switch off. Grating.

• 2 weeks later...

Been listening to Chapo Trap House recently which is basically a Left wing American political/comedy podcast. Some of the episodes where they read through conservatives books and articles taking the piss are great. The reviews of movies are fairly amusing too.

If you like invective in your politics it certainly fulfills that. I'd skip episode 1 as the sound quality isn't great). 

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house

Started listening to Athletico Mince recently, the loosely f**ty based one by Bob Mortimer and the fella who runs that get in the sea Twitter account. Some of it is reasonably amusing, mainly the bits with Bob in. The other fella isnt funny in the slightest.

Untold Murder is really good as well, its about Daniel Morgan's murder and corruption within the Met Police.  

Started listening to Athletico Mince recently, the loosely f**ty based one by Bob Mortimer and the fella who runs that get in the sea Twitter account. Some of it is reasonably amusing, mainly the bits with Bob in. The other fella isnt funny in the slightest.

Untold Murder is really good as well, its about Daniel Morgan's murder and corruption within the Met Police.

Started this last night, it's very good.

The narrators voice and speech pattern eerily reminds me of our tune though. I keep waiting for the happy ending and a love song to start.

I love the updates on what Steve McLaren is up to with his snake Casper. And Mark Lawrenson wishing he had got in to pest control.

Started this last night, it's very good.

The narrators voice and speech pattern eerily reminds me of our tune though. I keep waiting for the happy ending and a love song to start.

Ha! His speech impediment can be irritating too.

You do wonder how the main antagonists got away with it though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the second series any good? Don't remember hearing anything about it

It's not as good as the first imo, well at least not as gripping.

It's an interesting story but with the first I was constantly changing my view on what happened, why, who did what.

The second is a bit more clear cut in that regard, though makes you ask questions.

Worth a listen but not worth dropping what you're doing to get to it.

• Upvote 1