You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

How?

Presume you're single, have a job that requires about 40 hours a week and a low maintenance home. I remember those halcyon days

Single yes but its at work i listen to audio books and podcasts. Security work so when out in hut or on patrol etc i just stick them on.

I'd like to listen to Joe Rogan and Dan Carlin but their podcasts are about 3 hours long. Who has that time available to them?

I rarely put the tv on, maybe to watch an episode of Saul, Cards or Fargo on IPTV. I put the Rogan shows on to listen to in the background, it beats Roger Phillips, who my old nan would listen to and argue with callers, my nan that is not Roger. 

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond reasonable doubt.

What do you think of it.

I've been listening and can't get behind it. It desperately wants to be serial but he's just not the right person for it, his delivery just lacks something, and the first few episodes being just 15 mins long was nonsense. Felt like I was listening to the same thing over and over again.

He also either needs to drop the whole Gaspo thing or call him gaspo all the time. Constantly referring to the bloke by his full name before saying (or gaspo to you and me) is a waste of every cunts time.

The Joe Rogan podcast is generally just a great thing. Did you ever see the episode where he gave Brendan Schaub the most honest, fairly brutal opinion on his career, abilities, and previous fights? Damn, my respect for him went through the roof. It takes real guts to speak to somebody you love in that way, for their own good. 

• Upvote 1

The Joe Rogan podcast is generally just a great thing. Did you ever see the episode where he gave Brendan Schaub the most honest, fairly brutal opinion on his career, abilities, and previous fights? Damn, my respect for him went through the roof. It takes real guts to speak to somebody you love in that way, for their own good.

To be honest i don't listen to the fighting ones as it doesn't interest me at all. I'll give that one a go though. Ta.

To be honest i don't listen to the fighting ones as it doesn't interest me at all. I'll give that one a go though. Ta.

Brendan is a regular on there, I think it was just after a fight or something; quality human interaction. Brendan went on to his own podcast a day later and said that he couldn't defend himself because he would have burst out crying. It was like a father talking to a son. Quality. 

It's really worth it.