You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

44 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Listened to this mini series within the Irish History Podcast about Irish involvement in the Spanish Civil War. 10 episodes that covers all aspects including International Brigade volunteers, the blueshirts, and details of events in Spain. 

IMG_1898.jpeg

I like the sound of that.

I’m a huge fan of the Revolutions podcast, and he finished with the Mexican and Russian  revolutions.

The Irish/Iran and Cuban revolutions were right in his grasp, so I’ve always felt a bit cheated.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I’m a huge fan of the Revolutions podcast, and he finished with the Mexican and Russian  revolutions.

The Irish/Iran and Cuban revolutions were right in his grasp, so I’ve always felt a bit cheated.

Quality, nice one. Also recommend Bureau of Lost Culture, two episodes in particular: one on Cambodian rock n roll pre Kymer Rouge, and one about founder of Rock against Racism. 

1 minute ago, Kepler-186 said:

Quality, nice one. Also recommend Bureau of Lost Culture, two episodes in particular: one on Cambodian rock n roll pre Kymer Rouge, and one about founder of Rock against Racism. 

All the popular history podcasts are worth it.

I can personally vouch for Revolutions, History of Rome, Age of Napoleon, Hardcore History, History on Fire and The rest is History all being excellent.

If we had a “rate the last history podcast history thread” they would all be 8.5/10.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2023 at 08:22, Kevin D said:

Done quite a bit of the Russian revolutionary period on Revolutions but have started Age of Napoleon , and it’s great. 

Only 4 episodes but this was quality. 

This is a series of final lectures from one of Ireland’s leading professors on the Irish Revolution. Recommended.