You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

23 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I was only joking. 

But I’ve read a few times that he’s a consummate professional too.  Turns up on time, knows his lines and is super nice to all the people behind the camera (have I said this before?) I think Frank Skinner was especially nice about him and he’s a right miserable cunt (that’s why I like him). 

Ive listened to the Sia one now and it’s good too.  She’s got an amazing voice (this may not be news) 

Frank Skinner who was a teacher in a catholic school and fucked a former pupil? With allegations there were ‘flirtations’ earlier. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Elite said:

Any other good podcasts that focus on interviews with famous people or even interesting people?

I already follow James O'Brien, Adam Buxton, Louis Theroux, Colin Murray.

The Comedians Comedian was a good one. Not sure if it’s still going. Does what it says on the tin. 

• Upvote 2

I've been listening to radio rental a light hearted podcast of short creepy stories sent in by people all supposedly true. Its a jokey kind of creepy video shop owner playing you his stories. So you hear about people who had close calls with seriel killers and shit.

One that made me laugh was a guys workmate went on holiday to Russia he was in his 50s, grey hair middle aged man but when he came back from Russia he had dyed his hair was dressed like an 80s russian mobster, chest hair medallion the works and had a Russian accent, he even spoke Russian. People though it was funny at first thinking he was taking the piss and then they felt uncomfortable when he was still doing it days later and thought what the fucks going on. He got sacked, his kids were fucking terrified of him to the point everyone was thinking this isn't him it must be a twin or some kind of manchurian candidate. He ended up being arrested and it turned out he was a paranoid schizophrenic and when he went to Russia he forgot his medication , over the course of the holiday he began to believe he was Russian and took on a whole new persona.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t remember who recommended it as it was on another thread but I’ve been listening to ‘The Gravy Train’ when out walking the dogs and it’s been great.

8 part series on the troubled/outspoken drug taking/crack smoking former major of Toronto - Rob Ford.

Pretty much details his approach to politics and specifically the role of the press very similar to Trump. 

Props to whoever suggested it on this forum.

It’s been really good, gutted I’m on the final episode.

5AC7AC17-71C3-4C33-A71A-D80611939869.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

Anything Goes with James English is good. There's quite a few interviews with hardened criminals on there if you're interested in that kind of stuff, like listening to a Craig Fairbrass character coming to life.

Some good ones on there. Darren Gee is in some dire need of mental health intervention. 

Billy Moore with Molly 'Meatball' McCann is a good watch. Molly just comes across as a boss person. 

Leg It Podcast is good as well. They got a load of flack for having Deano on (I'd recommend anyone to watch those two episodes no matter your beliefs on things) Michael Shields has been a guest as well (if not already mentioned)

Some of other shows I find good to have on. 

Tim Dillon Show.

Bill Burr 

2 Bears 1 Cave 

Your Mom's House. 

Doug Stanhope

Duncan Trussell Family Hour 

The Totally Football Show 

Golazzo: The Totally Italian Football Show

RHLSTP 

Smartless 

Speaking Of Jung 

Ron Burgundy 

Alexei Sayle Podcast

Podcadt Croissant - Faith No More dedicated podcast 

WTF with Marc Maron

Sodajerker on Songwriting 

Adam Buxton 

21 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Can’t remember who recommended it as it was on another thread but I’ve been listening to ‘The Gravy Train’ when out walking the dogs and it’s been great.

8 part series on the troubled/outspoken drug taking/crack smoking former major of Toronto - Rob Ford.

Pretty much details his approach to politics and specifically the role of the press very similar to Trump. 

Props to whoever suggested it on this forum.

It’s been really good, gutted I’m on the final episode.

5AC7AC17-71C3-4C33-A71A-D80611939869.jpeg

Yeah, that was me, popped it in the Rob Ford thread.

• Upvote 1

Stuff you should know,  stuff they don't want you to know,  Daniel and Jorge explain the universe, startalk with Neil degrasse tyson, the naked scientists, the history of World War 2 by Ray Harris and the origins podcast with Laurence krauss. All very good in my humblest of opinions

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I've been listening to the Age of Napoleon podcast and it's been outstanding so far. There are 70 episodes so far and they come out monthly, although I'm only around episod 23. It's very detailed, but it's about a fascinating time and person so everything still moves briskly.

Also been listening to Tides of History, which is really good. Episodes are more of a mixed bag , because they jump from country to country. They've got Vlad the Impaler, War of the Roses, Queen Isabella, the Italian wars, Charles V and the Ottomans, so something for everyone.

• Upvote 1

On 06/02/2021 at 15:26, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Some good ones on there. Darren Gee is in some dire need of mental health intervention. 

Billy Moore with Molly 'Meatball' McCann is a good watch. Molly just comes across as a boss person. 

Leg It Podcast is good as well. They got a load of flack for having Deano on (I'd recommend anyone to watch those two episodes no matter your beliefs on things) Michael Shields has been a guest as well (if not already mentioned)

Some of other shows I find good to have on. 

Tim Dillon Show.

Bill Burr 

2 Bears 1 Cave 

Your Mom's House. 

Doug Stanhope

Duncan Trussell Family Hour 

The Totally Football Show 

Golazzo: The Totally Italian Football Show

RHLSTP 

Smartless 

Speaking Of Jung 

Ron Burgundy 

Alexei Sayle Podcast

Podcadt Croissant - Faith No More dedicated podcast 

WTF with Marc Maron

Sodajerker on Songwriting 

Adam Buxton 

Im still none the wiser about what him and James English fell out over. He seemed to love him one minute and then think he was a nonce the next. The Ayahuasca documentary is decent too, watching people taking the retreat really serious and then him, just being fucked and laughing.

The first Paul Smith interview with Billy Moore was great. 

• 1 month later...

The ex-hardman circuit (mostly Shaun Attwood and James English podcasts) are funny as fuck as they are all arguing on YouTube proclaiming to be 'real' and calling each other nonces and all sorts.

I prefer the ex-police episodes as opposed to the ex-cons but you do get the odd interesting episode. 

Listening to a couple of good history podcasts at the moment. 

Big 4 parter on the life of Crazy Horse and another 4 parter on Teddy Roosevelt. Quiet a interesting character to say the least. I think he would be getting cancelled by everyone today. Definitely a man of his time but some excellent policies and some quiet horrific thoughts on 'less civilised races'. I guess it shows sometime judging historic figures or decisions tofay is just impossible 

Both on the History on Fire podcast