You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

Just now, manwiththestick said:

I do like his podcasts, usually I watch them on YouTube. 

I like the ones with experts, not a fan of the one with other comedians well apart from Greg Fitzsimmons.

He'll lose quite a lot of listeners but doubt he'll be arsed with the £100m he's getting.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Dom Joly on James O'Brien's podcast is a good listen. I've always been a fan of Joly since the brilliant Trigger Happy TV.

Have you ever seen the episode of his own deliberately obnoxious show where Robert Smith is looking at him like he wants to kill him?

Amused me back in the day.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Nothing new but listening to one of the few free Dan Carlin podcasts on the Japanese during WW2.

The man is amazing, his depth of knowledge is superb. Probably going to buy them all next month 

I might be in the minority but I can't take to his style, bores the shit out of me.

On 06/05/2020 at 22:28, Captain Milk said:

Louis Theroux is doing a podcast called Grounded, where he catches up with people he’s wanted to interview for ages during lockdown.

Jon Ronson on last week. The gonzo journalism equivalent of that restaurant scene in Heat.

Its on BBC Sounds.

@dave u One for you, this.

Theroux’s lockdown podcast has seen him catch up with a real mixture of people he finds interesting interview subjects; from Boy George and Miriam Margolyes, to Rose McGowan and KSI.

This week’s guest is none other than your boy Troy Deeney. Talking about his upbringing, his time in prison and why he won’t fix his teeth now he can afford to, because it reminds him of where he’s come from. 

Coming across very well; considered and down-to-earth. Really good, bright bloke who knows a thing or two about life.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Captain Milk said:

@dave u One for you, this.

Theroux’s lockdown podcast has seen him catch up with a real mixture of people he finds interesting interview subjects; from Boy George and Miriam Margolyes, to Rose McGowan and KSI.

This week’s guest is none other than your boy Troy Deeney. Talking about his upbringing, his time in prison and why he won’t fix his teeth now he can afford to, because it reminds him of where he’s come from. 

Coming across very well; considered and down-to-earth. Really good, bright bloke who knows a thing or two about life.

I'm a reasonable man, but still have PTSD from that last match so he can fuck off.

1 hour ago, Aw Geez said:

I'm a reasonable man, but still have PTSD from that last match so he can fuck off.

He’s so sound and obviously not up himself, the fact he refers to himself as ‘Troy’ in the third person at various times is likeable, where normally you’d think “worracock”.

On 15/06/2020 at 20:53, Lee909 said:

Nothing new but listening to one of the few free Dan Carlin podcasts on the Japanese during WW2.

The man is amazing, his depth of knowledge is superb. Probably going to buy them all next month 

hhzwosfjnre11.png

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Finally got round to listening to Joe Rogan, previously been avoiding as his podcasts are far too long.

He’s a cock - typical US libertarian bullshit. A conservative pretending to be progressive because he likes a few drugs

He actually used to be good. 

He had people on with various viewpoints and allowed them to put thought across. Now he just drowns people out, or turns the conversation if it's not his veiwpoint. I initially just stopped listening to every episode and listened to one's I thought might be good. Now I just don't bother 

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

He actually used to be good. 

He had people on with various viewpoints and allowed them to put thought across. Now he just drowns people out, or turns the conversation if it's not his veiwpoint. I initially just stopped listening to every episode and listened to one's I thought might be good. Now I just don't bother 

Lee - I bought the Hardcore Histories for the Punic Wars, the death of the republic and Ghosts on the ostfront. 

I don't know if it's cheaper to buy everything as a pack, but I could email you those 3 series' if you like?

9 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Lee - I bought the Hardcore Histories for the Punic Wars, the death of the republic and Ghosts on the ostfront. 

I don't know if it's cheaper to buy everything as a pack, but I could email you those 3 series' if you like?

I'll check out the price of ordering individually or as the set and get back to you. Appreciate the offer

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Joe Rogan is copping a lot of flack today as Joey Diaz has admitted some #metoo type shit on his shows. 

Not a shock when you read the shit they where saying. Seeing the pics of the shows involved looks years old or have the filming changed as I don't listen anymore. He went off the Deep end a while back

24 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'll check out the price of ordering individually or as the set and get back to you. Appreciate the offer

No worries.

The ghost on the ostfront is exclusively about the Nazi vs Stalin over 5 episodes. It's the best series he has done, in my view.

• 1 month later...
On 13/03/2020 at 09:03, Remmie said:

Just seen a promo for Talking Sopranos podcast with Bobby and Christopher and will give it a go as soon as I can, anyone listened?

I'm really enjoying this and watching the series again inline with listening in. It's nothing amazing, but easy listening, quite funny and occasionally very insightful.

On 19/06/2020 at 20:05, PestiRed said:

Finally got round to listening to Joe Rogan, previously been avoiding as his podcasts are far too long.

He’s a cock - typical US libertarian bullshit. A conservative pretending to be progressive because he likes a few drugs

I really don't agree. He advocates free healthcare for a start. I would say he has his own views and avoids being pigeonholed. 

I love his podcasts. Some random shit on there. I listened to one with a guy called David Choe last week. It started slowly, but after about half an hour it became compulsive listening. A fascinating guy, with a great story and some very real mental health problems. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

I really don't agree. He advocates free healthcare for a start. I would say he has his own views and avoids being pigeonholed. 

I love his podcasts. Some random shit on there. I listened to one with a guy called David Choe last week. It started slowly, but after about half an hour it became compulsive listening. A fascinating guy, with a great story and some very real mental health problems. 

Yeah Rogan's podcast is brilliant. There's a lot of filler episodes but when he has a good guest on they are generally excellent. He's a great interviewer.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Yeah Rogan's podcast is brilliant. There's a lot of filler episodes but when he has a good guest on they are generally excellent. He's a great interviewer.

He doesn't come across as if he's trying. It's so conversational. Occasionally I can think he's talking too much, but 99% of the time, he's great. I listen to random ones and if I don't like the profile of the person, I just skip to the next. I'm not really interested in his podcasts on hunting, but most stuff tends to be very interesting. In fact, I often wish I had to drive more for work, as that's really the only chance I get to listen.

4 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

He doesn't come across as if he's trying. It's so conversational. Occasionally I can think he's talking too much, but 99% of the time, he's great. I listen to random ones and if I don't like the profile of the person, I just skip to the next. I'm not really interested in his podcasts on hunting, but most stuff tends to be very interesting. In fact, I often wish I had to drive more for work, as that's really the only chance I get to listen.

It is sometimes funny to read reporting on an episode, then listen to that episode.  It can be worlds apart.  I’m not into MMA or hunting, some of the people aren’t interesting to me but there are still some great listens.  The CIA bloke with mad names for his kids are usually good.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It is sometimes funny to read reporting on an episode, then listen to that episode.  It can be worlds apart.  I’m not into MMA or hunting, some of the people aren’t interesting to me but there are still some great listens.  The CIA bloke with mad names for his kids are usually good.  

Or his comedian friends that aren't funny. Well apart from Greg Fitzsimmons, I like him. The niche subject ones are generally the best ones or the science experts.

• Upvote 2