You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

Anyone else listening to the True Geordie?

He does a bit of the unmentionable, but mostly it's just a big fat beardie fucker telling sweary knobbing tales and taking the piss out of his soft Southern mate. Funny as fuck, the latest one where he talks about his previous life as a deep sea diver had me in tears.

I'm not a fan of the ones where he brings a guest on, it's better with just the two of them IMO. The format reminds me a bit of the now-defunct Henry Rollins podcast (Henry and Heidi - also highly recommended) where the 'straight man' mostly acts as a foil for the main one telling funny stories.

Guest Pistonbroke

Anyone else listening to the True Geordie?

He does a bit of the unmentionable, but mostly it's just a big fat beardie fucker telling sweary knobbing tales and taking the piss out of his soft Southern mate. Funny as fuck, the latest one where he talks about his previous life as a deep sea diver had me in tears.

I'm not a fan of the ones where he brings a guest on, it's better with just the two of them IMO. The format reminds me a bit of the now-defunct Henry Rollins podcast (Henry and Heidi - also highly recommended) where the 'straight man' mostly acts as a foil for the main one telling funny stories.

He's very funny at times, his AlanPardew is a wanker is a good one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan Peterson on the latest Joe Rogan is good.

Some may need a trigger warning (Hades).

Who is he?

Joe Rogan is very hit and miss. Great communicator, comedian and when he talks about his passions I find him engaging.

When the subject moves to things like feminism, gun control, politics etc. he loses me. He also gives a voice to a lot of peculiar, pseudosciencey type people. Which sucks.

Jordan Peterson on the latest Joe Rogan is good.

Some may need a trigger warning (Hades).

I don't need a trigger warning because I don't have PTSD, which is a devastating mental disease whose sufferers ask for tiny warning before discussion that makes them ill. 

Who is he?

Joe Rogan is very hit and miss. Great communicator, comedian and when he talks about his passions I find him engaging.

When the subject moves to things like feminism, gun control, politics etc. he loses me. He also gives a voice to a lot of peculiar, pseudosciencey type people. Which sucks.

Some of the nuts he has on are interesting.

Not nutters

Ive enjoyed the podcasts with Dr Rhonda Patrick (all about vitamin/health), the historian name escape me on last week

I don't need a trigger warning because I don't have PTSD, which is a devastating mental disease whose sufferers ask for tiny warning before discussion that makes them ill.

You will if you listen to this.

He's a Canadian uni lecturer in clinical psychology. Got caught up in a pro noun row. Talks about that, Marxism, quality of students, his religious beliefs.

Who is he?

I don't agree with anyone on everything - that's a cult. I'd say it's about 70% of the stuff Ive listened to for me.

I'd say he'd be viewed far to the right of most on here.

No, because I don't see anyone trying to murder you for being the other side of the line to me.

Whilst you've made it clear you'd have me up against the wall if you were in charge.

Lots of people are trying to murder me and billions of others throughout the world. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1