You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have the Liverpool journo dream team. The two Tony's and Rory Smith. Good honest reds who never speculate. Never.

That's the times. This is Bascombe's paper. And the article isn't by him! I've seen this guy writing quite a bit about us and always based on information that could only have come from FSG.

The Telegraph know fuck all. I dont know why they are being credited with being in the know.

You are wrong.

Henry Winter is Kenny, Stevie G and Diggers biographer, he is as well connected at the club as any journalist.

No British journalist is close to FSG.The Mirror is closest to Ayre. The Times,has some good staff connections, but not senior ones.

I agree with MLB, this all points to the club not knowing what it is doing.

On the stadium FSG want to redevelop on land they do not own.

As DOF they want to appoint a DOF who wants to be a manager, and an inexperienced manager who doesn't seem to want a DOF.

Brilliant.

So we hate the idea of Martinez or whoever (fair enough), but the answer to our prayers is Dirk Kuyt as first-choice striker next season?

Keep up this genius and the Americans will be putting you on the list soon. Expect a phonecall.

I'm only speculating, no worries - but it seems to me now that with Kenny sacked, nothing is sacred to FSG, and they have to turn a profit quickly on the back of no CL qualification, with a massive squad and a very high wage bill. They've also got to get the stadium fiasco sorted.

Having shelled out massive cash last season on players that have been disappointing, do you think they will rush in again and pay big money, and the wages that go with it on the next big striker?

Kuyt has been benched so much in the last 12 months, he's pissed off - it was his season from hell; however, he still helped bring us home the Carling Cup. My understanding is that he's in the Dutch Euro squad as a striker

If I was Van Gaal, and in my new appointment, I'd be watching him closely, with a view to convincing him to stay at Anfield. It would be economical to do so. He's loyal, still fit enough to go the PL / Europa distance, and he has more than a few goals left in him as a striker. He can still play a big part in our short term future.

Everything is up in the air, and we have no idea yet whether Suarez is staying or going. If FSG got an offer of 50-60 million for him, what do you think they'd do????

These rat bags are only interested in a profitable football club. We could win the Carling Cup and F.A. Cup every year from here to eternity, and these idiots wouldn't give a shit.

why don't most of you try and get behind the owners instead of bitching like a bunch of sissy's.

It's quite clear that they are trying to do something for the good of the club

Unlike most of the bitches on here i hope it works out for them and us.

I'm only speculating, no worries - but it seems to me now that with Kenny sacked, nothing is sacred to FSG, and they have to turn a profit quickly on the back of no CL qualification, with a massive squad and a very high wage bill. They've also got to get the stadium fiasco sorted.

Having shelled out massive cash last season on players that have been disappointing, do you think they will rush in again and pay big money, and the wages that go with it on the next big striker?

Kuyt has been benched so much in the last 12 months, he's pissed off - it was his season from hell; however, he still helped bring us home the Carling Cup. My understanding is that he's in the Dutch Euro squad as a striker

If I was Van Gaal, and in my new appointment, I'd be watching him closely, with a view to convincing him to stay at Anfield. It would be economical to do so. He's loyal, still fit enough to go the PL / Europa distance, and he has more than a few goals left in him as a striker. He can still play a big part in our short term future.

Everything is up in the air, and we have no idea yet whether Suarez is staying or going. If FSG got an offer of 50-60 million for him, what do you think they'd do????

These rat bags are only interested in a profitable football club. We could win the Carling Cup and F.A. Cup every year from here to eternity, and these idiots wouldn't give a shit.

If somebody offers 60 million for him he would get sold. It would be foolish not to for that sort of money

Kuyt is one of the highest earners at the club, and earns more than Suarez or Carroll.

It has nothing to do with the fee paid for him, plus he's had several contract extensions since he signed, each probably increasing his wage.

He should go, and I think he will.

Kuyt's wage would be linked to his transfer fee, but yes, I accept his contract renewals could well have him on a higher salary than before, but I doubt very much if it is higher than Carroll, or Suarez. If it was, he'd not be warming the bench permanently.

It's not so straight forward as that anyway - any new striker paid for now, will have a wage far higher than Kuyt's, unless we buy cheap, which isn't helping our cause is it?

What's that old saying? Better the Devil you know, than the Devil you don't.

If Kuyt has a good Euro, and I was Van Gaal, in the LFC DoF job, I'd be looking to renew his contract.

Kuyt's wage would be linked to his transfer fee, but yes, I accept his contract renewals could well have him on a higher salary than before, but I doubt very much if it is higher than Carroll, or Suarez. If it was, he'd not be warming the bench permanently.

It's not so straight forward as that anyway - any new striker paid for now, will have a wage far higher than Kuyt's, unless we buy cheap, which isn't helping our cause is it?

What's that old saying? Better the Devil you know, than the Devil you don't.

If Kuyt has a good Euro, and I was Van Gaal, in the LFC DoF job, I'd be looking to renew his contract.

Kuyt earns more than Carroll and Suarez. Paycheque has nothing to do with playing regularly, or Maxi Rodriguez would be a permanent starter... As he's on 90,000p/w

why don't most of you try and get behind the owners instead of bitching like a bunch of sissy's.

It's quite clear that they are trying to do something for the good of the club

Unlike most of the bitches on here i hope it works out for them and us.

Seriously, it has become unbearable on here since Kennys sacking.

They are being advised by Rick Parry.And we have been made to look like fucking amateurs. (Again)

I have not heard that elsewhere- but have no reason to doubt you.

Taking advice from those who have no stake in the outcome and do not have to live with the consequences is always a very bad move.

why is he not being considered for the managers role? his ego is too big to have a manager under him i reckon. particularly a novice like martinez or rodgers. far too much of a chance of more public fallouts. just get kenny back , give him a warchest and let him manage, coach, scout, wash the kits and play behind suarez. fuck anyone else.

Louis van Gaal says he's joining Liverpool as Martinez considers offer | Metro.co.uk

Louis van Gaal says he's joining Liverpool as Martinez considers offer

Louis van Gaal believes that Liverpool will make an official announcement of his appointment at the club by the end of the week.

However, it is still unclear whether he will be the manager of the Anfield club or a sporting director.

Louis van Gaal has said he will join Liverpool this week (Picture: Getty)

Liverpool currently have two vacancies after Damien Comolli and Kenny Dalglish left the Merseyside club and the owners have been in discussions with a number of candidates for each job.

The Dutchman has told those close to him that he is considering an offer from Fenway Sports Group (FSG), the owners of Liverpool.

Despite being initially approached about the sporting director role, Van Gaal has made it clear he would be happy to succeed King Kenny in the Anfield dugout.

There is still confusion over the situation as outspoken Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has claimed that Latics boss Roberto Martinez has been offered the manager's role at Liverpool.

He met with the owners in Miami earlier this week about the role and it is thought he would not be happy to work under a sporting director.

Swansea's Brendan Rodgers, Jürgen Klopp of Borussia Dortmund and Ajax's Frank de Boer have all turned down the opportunity to discuss a move to Anfield.

Read more: Louis van Gaal says he's joining Liverpool as Martinez considers offer | Metro.co.uk

Good manager with a proven record Barcelona,Bayern Munich and Ajax,not Wigan Swansea and Norwich.

All well and good, he is a good manager but managing those sides is a bit like managing Celtic the default position is to win the league give the odd year off.

We need someone with experience of punching above their weight, like Fergie did in Scotland or Rafa did in Spain.

If you think Rafa is a control freak, LVG is no better, however I think that goes with the territory as its what makes a winner. I'm sure Fergie, Jose or even Martinez are no different the best manager need to run the show themselves.