You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Because I'd like them to stop acting as a members club, and try and recruit as many fans as possible. I think FSG have done their level best to divide the fans up. I've been saying it for a while. I think we need to be more united and SoS could, if they got off their arses and tried, do that.

I don't like how they are run & there hollier than now views.

Whatever happened to the RTK initiative. Pretty much the same people weren't they. Granted i've stopped going to Anfield nowadays but atmosphere was getting worse year on year.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I'm with Voltaire on this one, 'I do not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.'

I, too, agree with the sentiment expressed here.

However, to be a little pedantic...

It wasn't Voltaire who said the above. It was Evelyn Beatrice Hall, summing up the famous satirist's attitude at the time.

Quote Details: Voltaire: I disapprove of what... - The Quotations Page

That Stevie confronted him and told him it was time to leave and in turn Rafa rubbed his fingers together to said "well they can't afford to sack me". Or something. Which was a load of horseshit. Made up by a "good red", apparently.

Edit: somebody already got there. slow connection, sorry!

It was Stevie AND Carragher? No wonder the raga lovers (as opposed to haters) are desperate to remove our two heroes.

From reading a number of posts on various forums and comments from mongs on twitter, I get the impression that a proportion of our fanbase are secretly craving another Hicks and Gillett.

We had plenty of reason to protest and rebel 2 years ago. The club was being raped and pillaged, we were hemorrhaging money on a daily basis and those two cancers scuppered the best chance we had of becoming a real heavyweight force for years to come and ripped out our heart. Protest was justified.

We are a million miles away from that today and FSG are a million miles away from Hicks and Gillett. I'm not burying my head in the sand, there are plenty of things I'm not happy about today. But some of the stuff I am reading is fucking ridiculous, the anger, hatred and rage towards FSG. Some people need to get a fucking grip and have a reality check. I never want to live out those dark days of Hicks and Gillett again, but I'm convinced there are 'supporters' out there just looking for trouble. Yes, they should be accountable to us but all these open letters and public calls for explanation of every single aspect of the club are desperate and cringeworthy. We are not the owners. As supporters we don't have a right to have a say in every single decision. This militant bollocks needs to stop until we have real reason to kick off.

It was Stevie AND Carragher? No wonder the raga lovers (as opposed to haters) are desperate to remove our two heroes.

That is a bit curious like. Those who are so angry about the rumours (such as the finger rubbing thing) then tend to really dislike Gerrard and Carragher. If they don't believe the rumours, then why?

it was harmless nonsense imo and he wasn't the only one. I was actually one of the first to have major reservations about Rafa on here but the fabrications and vitriol that was directed at him in his last 18 months here was over the top.

I myself have been banned from this site for Racism, it was in the heat of the moment a tirade against Yossi Benayoun when he left. I owe no ill will to the guy nor do i have a problem with Jewish people whatsoever. It was a drunken ill measured rant. Whilst I far from condone Al's quoted words, in fact they are quite distasteful, things can be said that get not reflect correctly on that particular individual.

A drunken tongue speaks a sober minds thoughts.

Wasn't it ATK who also made up that Barry had had a medical and was getting signed just to rally the troops against Rafa because people were fuming that Rafa was after Barry because they thought he was a replacement for Alonso.

The day players are telling managers its time to go is the day they are fucked off, that egotistical attitude is a disgrace, true or not i dont blame him if he did that, i would have done the same.

In any club the heirarchy should be the same

Owner> CEO>Manager>Players/

Everyone is answerable to the one above otherwise chaos ensues.

If thats true then certain players need to have a long look in the mirror

The day players are telling managers its time to go is the day they are fucked off, that egotistical attitude is a disgrace, true or not i dont blame him if he did that, i would have done the same.

In any club the heirarchy should be the same

Owner> CEO>Manager>Players/

Everyone is answerable to the one above otherwise chaos ensues.

If thats true then certain players need to have a long look in the mirror

Have you read what was posted?

Can I just say that ART was a joke. Some people who thought Rafa had had his day used Taliban avatars and started calling themselves the Anti Rafa Taliban. Even the pro-Rafa fans like me saw the joke and used avatars of US Marines, etc.. This little war that has gotten out of all proportion was a few on each side who took things to extremes because of personal differences and dislikes. The vast majority were simply fans arguing for or against him in a normal manner. Unfortunately, some of those who took things to the extreme started using the ART name as a kind of rallying point. It is not, nor was it ever, some form of internet terrorist group as alluded to in that email. It was only ever a joke.

EDIT : ART has become a lazy way of referring to those who argued for a change of manager. As Brownie will no doubt tell you (he told me off on the MF for just such laziness), not all of them used the ART avatars, and of those that did the majority have not been part of this little war.

Good post that and pretty much sums it up. Someone above said Alan was behid the so-called ART. He wasn't. The e-mail alluded to the fact he was but it definitely wasn't Alan.

That is a bit curious like. Those who are so angry about the rumours (such as the finger rubbing thing) then tend to really dislike Gerrard and Carragher. If they don't believe the rumours, then why?

Think you're generalising for the sake of convenience there. Most people apparently didn't know that Alan had been making stuff up about Rafa, going by this thread.

I fully admit to not liking Gerrard all that much, though that has much more to do with the Chelsea flirtation and my misgivings at his captaincy than anything else. Both he and Carragher, whatever managers they rate or don't rate, deserve respect though. As does Rafa. Not sure about Raga.

Good post that and pretty much sums it up. Someone above said Alan was behid the so-called ART. He wasn't. The e-mail alluded to the fact he was but it definitely wasn't Alan.

Doesn't matter who, if anyone, was 'behind' ART - it became a banner for some of most unpleasant vitriol ever directed towards a Liverpool manager (at least until it became clear Roy was way out of his depth) by a group of posters who seemed to almost revel in their notoriety.

Al was at the forefront of that, dripping poison at every opportunity...

FSG are a million miles away from Hicks and Gillett.

I'd agree if i wasn't looking at hard nosed businessmen here to make a premium. I'd agree if Ian Ayre wasn't still in their employment. I'd agree if their main priority was football.

The character of FSG may be different to H&G but the results remain the same in that the team on the pitch and us as fans continue to suffer and we continue to pay through the nose for the privilege.

Yet, supporters continue to turn on one another as witnessed in this following quote, brimming with fuckwittery.

I don't like how they are run & there hollier than now views.

i'm not sure what he made up. Can you elucidate?

I'm very much a lurker and rarely post so I may be remembering entirely wrong, and if I am I sincerely apologise, but didn't he accuse Rafa of excepting a mini van from NotW as some sort of bribe for dropping his legal action against them? And Rafa actually donated that van (and the rest of the settlement) to a school (though to be fair I think atk did acknowledge that and semi-apologised)?