You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

FB_IMG_1665825465303.jpg

"He used to phone me up and tell me I was a wonderful guy, and would I like to go and see Tinie Tempah live at the Arena with him - and then he'd not phone back and go with someone else. It was disappointing, to be honest."

-

Andrew Thomas Carroll.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm surprised he is still in a job.

Would apparently cost Leicester a lot to shift him and his backroom staff. They have financial issues with FFP and their owner lost a lot of money during the pandemic in terms of business value. Think his/family business worth halved.

Also, he’s ‘excited’ by the challenge of being in the relegation zone. Not sure that’s how the fans see it.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Would apparently cost Leicester a lot to shift him and his backroom staff. They have financial issues with FFP and their owner lost a lot of money during the pandemic in terms of business value. Think his/family business worth halved.

Also, he’s ‘excited’ by the challenge of being in the relegation zone. Not sure that’s how the fans see it.

What’s more exciting? Relegation battle or mid table obscurity?

Don't tell me…ask David Moyes.

1 minute ago, joe_fishfish said:

The biggest WTF about him getting the Liverpool job is that FSG actually spoke to him in person and still offered him the job. Reckon it'd take me about five seconds to realise he was a wanker, my skin crawling as soon as he started speaking would be the biggest clue.

He speaks exactly the same bollocks that American capitalist speak. So he was always a good choice for FSG.

The distinction between coach and manager has blurred in the past couple of decades and it's caused some problems. Not every manager can coach and not every coach can manage. Rodgers is probably a top class coach but he's convinced that means he must be a great manager. He's wasting his own talent by pursuing the wrong ambitions.

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, Mook said:

Is every league which isn't pumped up with TV money a 'farmer's league' now?

I find that phrase very ignorant tbh, seen someone applying it to the Spanish league on here recently too.

I think any league where a treble is expected or seen as the norm is probably fair game.

I wouldn't put Spain in their, France probably should be but it's only PSG''s incompetence that prevents it from being a fully signed up farmers league.