You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

Guest San Don

Well if the guardian is to be believed, rodgers thinks its below him that we dont just fucking offer him the job based on what he has done already!

Perhaps he could remind us what he has actually done to be worthy of such belief?

I think this is a strange one, so I checked his odds to be next Chelsea manager and stuck a cheeky tenner on him at 50/1. I am surprised that he wouldnt wish to be considered, unless of course he has other plans.

I think if Di Mateo was getting the Chelsea job it would have been announced and Rodgers was a coach at Chelsea before.

I don't see the point in slating Rodgers. You haven't done the ground work right if you have to interview 12 people. I'm sure he'd reconsider if he was one of four or something.

Rodgers has a lot to lose if he's seen chasing the job, and then don't get it. He needs to keep the core of the Swansea team to ensure that if he stays he'll continue the excellent progress they've had so far.

I think he would be a better choice than both Martinez and Villas Boas. He has that thirst for knowledge that will ensure he'll keep on growing both as a manager and as a person. He comes off very well in interviews, and his team plays better football than most teams. In fact I think Swansea plays better football than any other team with similar resources.

Well if the guardian is to be believed, rodgers thinks its below him that we dont just fucking offer him the job based on what he has done already!

The "new structure" as outlined by Ayre in the Independent wil put off a lot more people than Brendan Rodgers, San Don.

This week just sucks...

My first thought was "Cheeky Bastard" second was "Thank fuck for that" third was "What the hell are we doing?"

Next week we'll be having a fucking 'Careers Fair' at Anfield at this rate.

Do we really hope to attract a top man if we seem happy to offer this opportunity to just about anybody who manages a club who wasn't relegated last season?

Utterly clueless.

Unbelievable whats been going on lately and fucking embarasssing to , everyones taking the piss out of us and rightfully so were a joke.

Perhaps he could remind us what he has actually done to be worthy of such belief?

He's holding out for the Real Madrid job when shitcoat fucks it off.

I personally think Rodgers doesnt want to look like he's whoring himself out. I think his thinking would be either make an offer to Swansea to take me off their hands or fuck off, I've got a season to prepare for.

If it's between Martinez and Rodgers, i'd much prefer Rodgers to be honest.

Me too. Rodgers at least seems to be able to organise a defensive unit.

Van Gaal would be my first choice currently, with Rodgers second.

Bollocks. You lot trying to justify such a shit choice by those thick yank cunts. No wonder no quality manager wants to come here, sack a manager to replace him with one who has never managed a team into the top 10 let alone Europe. They think a manager in football is like a coach in baseball, the fuck he is. They need educating but since they keep employing in-house they made sure there's no-one there with the balls to tell them! Fucking joke and I've had a gut full, I'm gonna have a drink.

Fired by Reading. Fired by fucking Reading.

"He was appointed manager of Real Valladolid for the 1995–96 season but was sacked after only two wins in 23 games with the club bottom of the Primera División."

I don't think a sacking necessarily condemns a manager for evermore.

• Upvote 1

"He was appointed manager of Real Valladolid for the 1995–96 season but was sacked after only two wins in 23 games with the club bottom of the Primera División."

I presume you're talking about a guy who's since been fired by two more clubs?

Look, I agree to an extent. But Benitez had proved himself at a very high level in the meantime.

Didn't he get sacked again then go on that tour of Europe learning tactics got some second division team promoted then get the valencia job?

why the obsession with 'big name' managers?

rather take a gamble on a manager or 2 with loads of hunger to make a name for themselves at LFC than also be associated with success at other clubs.it will mean more to them (and more importantly us!)

rather have rogers than fergies bum chum martinez because BR plays great football all season rather than the last eight games

Rogers would love to come hear but he's not gonna sacrifice his current position to take part in the ridiculous 'FSG Scouse Lottery'

why the obsession with 'big name' managers?

rather take a gamble on a manager or 2 with loads of hunger to make a name for themselves at LFC than also be associated with success at other clubs.it will mean more to them (and more importantly us!)

rather have rogers than fergies bum chum martinez because BR plays great football all season rather than the last eight games

Rogers would love to come hear but he's not gonna sacrifice his current position to take part in the ridiculous 'FSG Scouse Lottery'

I'm open to the idea of a lesser known manager , as long as it's not one with a record as shit as Martinez's.

Rodgers I'd reluctantly accept, Paul Lambert I think might be the most promising of the British contingent, of which I consider Martinez a member.

Edited by TheDrowningMan